1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unethical Business Practices on DP

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by DJuse, May 17, 2007.

First of all i want you to know that don't want to start a personal discussion with anybody, this is just general stuff.

I have seen that a lot of people (normally always the same people) are using a really naughty way to sell their products on DP, and the way they do it is by ruining the competition sales so they can sale theirs.

For example:
    I saw a guy that was selling VCC in here, he was doing very well and out of nothing another dude posted his thread trying to insinuated that that wasn't so legal....the funny thing in this case was that this guy screen name was VVC SELLER or something like that, so obviously he also sale VCC.

I was selling an Online Tv channels software and right away appeared two guys advertising their websites.

I saw someone selling a webmaster pack, that by the way in my opinion it was a good product. But out of nothing another dude appeared offering the same pack for less. That's is so unethical in my opinion.

And that is to mention only a couple of cases, there are other ways to ruin other peoples sales, like talking bad about the products, sending the bider PM and offering the same for less and stuff like that.

I believe that there should be a rule on DP about this, like if you open a thread to sale something others don't advertise their on your thread.

If this continue soon DP would become a jungle, where you won be able to do nothing.
    Why i say this? Well here is an example: Im selling something, someone come and do something unethical on my thread, i go to his profile and check all his thread and and also do the same to him/her.
    Im wouldn't do that, but sometime i get so mad to see how people try to do business.

What does you guys think about this?

AND

Does someone did something like this to you?

DJuse, May 17, 2007 IP
  2. NathanielJ

NathanielJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    My thoughts:
    DP is an exclusively freedom-of-speech arena. It has a positive side (almost all type of advertising acceptable here) and a negative one - yes,
    there are bitter comments, disloyal competition and all the other "extras" coming on the way. I am not sure if the time has come (with many such cases to point out) for some restrictions to be set on DP, my personal feeling is they won't have any noticeable effect really.

NathanielJ, May 17, 2007 IP
  3. fionix

fionix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats competition but it must be fair, I believe that this will happend to many people, the important thing is who give the best service and support if something goes wrong or if you need some explanation before you order.

It's almost the same in the real world, the big super markeds dump the prices and leave the small shops taking to much, but still the small shops selling because you do not get the same level of service in the supermarked.

Just my 2cents.

fionix, May 17, 2007 IP
  4. DJuse

DJuse Active Member

Best Answers:
    I understand that, but nobody go to your store to talk your customers about their products.
    You can even install an store next to your competition but never go inside and take his customer.

DJuse, May 17, 2007 IP
  5. sspoldir

sspoldir Guest

Best Answers:
    Typically people who run businesses with no integrity are a flash in the pan and the house of cards catches up.

-SS

sspoldir, May 17, 2007 IP
  6. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    See that little RED triangle in the top right area of a post? Click on it to report activity like that which you are complaining about. It's the only way the Mods can have their attention drawn to it, at which point, if necessary, they will take appropriate measures to deal with it.

mcfox, May 17, 2007 IP
    jdR!pper likes this.
  7. medicalhumor

medicalhumor Peon

Best Answers:
    there are rules here on DP about hijacking sales threads. If you see this happening, report the post to a mod. The mods are great at taking care of stuff like this, but they don't always see since they are pretty busy.
    I've notified them on a few occassions, and they promptly either give a warning, close the thread, or ban the user if warranted.

medicalhumor, May 17, 2007 IP
  8. MMS

MMS Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that was wrong, if you're hawking the same product keep it clean and friendly no need to trash the other seller.

Those seem to be nothing more than free competition ( if they weren't hijacking the original seller's thread to sell their own stuff ), no one has "first dibs" right on any product or service. If another member can offer it at a cheaper price then so be it, it should be up to the consumer to decide which they feel is a better deal, one might be cheaper, but the other might include some added benefits or bonuses that make up for price.

It wouldn't be right, nor fair to the buyers to only allow "one person" to sell a specific product or service. Imagine the price increase they could get away with. If member A is the only person who can sell manual directory submissions cause he started his thread first, he'd soon be jacking the price sky high since he knows he's the only place members can get that service.

Just my 2 cents on the whole thing.

MMS, May 17, 2007 IP
  9. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Sometimes I think people believe the Mods read every post - which is obviously impossible on DP - and assume because no action is taken that it is somehow okay, whereas the reason no action is taken is because the Mods are unaware of the event.

mcfox, May 17, 2007 IP
  10. DJuse

DJuse Active Member

Best Answers:

It was in the original seller's threadl
    They put their message on the same thread

DJuse, May 17, 2007 IP
  11. MMS

MMS Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for clearing that up, I didn't quite grasp that from your original post. It was clear that your first example was hijacking, but you weren't clear on the other two examples.

Please note in my response that I did qualify my reply about those seeming like simple competition with the statement ( if they weren't hijacking the original seller's thread to sell their own stuff )

Appreciate you making it clear.

BTW, no need to yell ;) I would have understood your statement without the added large and bold font.

MMS, May 17, 2007 IP
  12. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    USE THE RED TRIANGLE!

mcfox, May 17, 2007 IP
  13. MMS

MMS Peon

Best Answers:
    Could you "speak" up please ? not sure I got that :p

MMS, May 17, 2007 IP
  14. DJuse

DJuse Active Member

Best Answers:
    LoL...you guys made me laugh.
    MMS sorry if you feel i was yelling...that wasn't the intention.
    DP is the best community i have registered my self to and most of the people in here are great!

DJuse, May 17, 2007 IP
  15. MMS

MMS Peon

Best Answers:
    Nah, it's cool, I was just busting on you ;)

I know I feel sometimes like the only way to get a point across is to use huge, bolded letters lol

MMS, May 17, 2007 IP
  16. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    as mcfox and MMS said, that is not only unethical, it is against forum rules. it's called thread hijacking. be sure to report all hijacks when you come across them.

devin, May 17, 2007 IP
    jdR!pper likes this.
  17. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Haa, u probably not seen those Sprite and 7-up , where one tries to kill the other one lol. Similarly coke vs pepsi ads, one trying to show other is bad ?

paidhosting, May 17, 2007 IP
  18. DJuse

DJuse Active Member

Best Answers:
    I didnt knew that, from now on i will use that RED button!

Coke and Pessi may be doing the same, but Coke don't go inside the Pessi installations to promote coke. When you created a thread and some one come and reply to that thread advertising his own products is like if you go inside a Dell store to advertise HP, they sure wont let you do that!

DJuse, May 18, 2007 IP
  19. MaryMary

MaryMary Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Jeesh...I heard that all the way over in content creation...lol

MaryMary, May 18, 2007 IP
    devin, sundaybrew and sar420 like this.
  20. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Weird ur pc converts words and everything written on dp into sound. Hmm..

paidhosting, May 18, 2007 IP