1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Overseas outsourcing SUCKS

Discussion in 'General Business' started by briandunning, Sep 12, 2005.

1. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Do you even know what you are talking about? What someone pays has nothing to do with it. If I'm hosting with an american company I expect to receive customer support in English.

fryman, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  2. cubexsystems

cubexsystems Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello

Well whatever anyone says facts are facts and everybody can confirm it by reading stats on the internet / news / or just simple observation of the IT industry.

India & Pakistan plus alot of other south indian / asian nations are contributing to the BPO biz and the north american indusry / european industry is driving it plus acknowledging it as well.

Well it all has to make business sense and BPO is doing just that.Ofcourse in every aspect of life there are two sides to a picture.So their are good companies and not so good ones.

Or let me put it this way....Most of the people on the planet hate windows and love linux but we all use windows and necessity causes us to use linux as well.

So face the truth and work your way around it.

Life indeed isn't fair otherwise it wouldn't have been so much fun and excitement.

Thanks

cubexsystems, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  3. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I paid more for my Dell Latitude than I would have for a Dell Inspiron, largely because Latitude support is in Texas and Inspiron support is overseas.

Will.Spencer, Sep 13, 2005 IP
    ROAR likes this.
  4. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    The fall of customer service fell well before it was outsourced though. The problem is you are talking to someone reading off a script these days.

I remember a time when the person answering the phone had actually seen and used the product themselves at one time (If you were lucky, they were even a technician)

Once you add a language barrier, you are further doomed.

yfs1, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  5. ROAR

ROAR Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    In time, the level of service will increase dramatically--assuming the turnover rates are not too high. That is not too likely, if as Ajeet says, they are high school "passouts" making more money than their degreed friends.
    The level of service will increase because the English spoken by the call center employees will shift toward what they hear on the phone. Its almost as though they are learning a 2nd language.
    I doubt the smiling people on the end of the phone enjoy hearing...wot the fuck did he just say for 10-12 hrs at a time.

ROAR, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  6. jawinn

jawinn Active Member

Best Answers:
    The other factor here is that companies with terrible tech support will eventually pay another price, lost customers. I make it a point not to use companies that have call centers in India. I have more and more small business customers who complain about terrible tech support from vendors.

The problem for them is that they aren't technical. Small business cannot afford the time it takes to deal with bad support for products they need to run their companies. I see the need for large companies to increase margins by cutting costs but there has to be a backlash. Big business will have to realize outsourcing is costing them business in the long run.

jawinn, Sep 13, 2005 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  7. briandunning

briandunning Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my careers as a CTO, I've twice been required by the board to outsource development to India. It was an absolute disaster both times. I'm sure this subject has been beaten to death in other forums, so I won't go into details.

I've got nothing against India, and I'm confident it's the same in other developing countries like China and even Eastern Europe. You just can't expect good results when your workers don't give a rat's ass about your company, they don't communicate well in your language, they don't understand your market, their only goal is to take your money, and they have half a world of buffer zone.

briandunning, Sep 13, 2005 IP
    chachi and Will.Spencer like this.
  8. ROAR

ROAR Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You just can't expect good results when your workers don't give a rat's ass about your company

Well said...

ROAR, Sep 13, 2005 IP
    Will.Spencer likes this.
  9. surfup23

surfup23 Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like you are the one who doesn't know what you are talking about.

"I paid more for my Dell Latitude than I would have for a Dell Inspiron, largely because Latitude support is in Texas and Inspiron support is overseas."

Best Regards,
    Surfup

surfup23, Sep 13, 2005 IP
    Hodgedup likes this.
  10. cubexsystems

cubexsystems Peon

Best Answers:
    BPO is an un deniable reality

Thanks

Fahad

cubexsystems, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  11. jeeplaw

jeeplaw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, I remember a time when I could call Cisco for technical support and I could get a direct line to one of their development scientists who could assist me in figuring out how to connect 2 buildings via wireless lans with "bridges".

Now? Good luck

jeeplaw, Sep 22, 2005 IP