1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Xoom cannot process money transfers where both the sender and recipient are in India

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by tradeepak, May 5, 2007.

1. arvind_srivastava

arvind_srivastava Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, either you don't understand the working of Xoom or else there is some catch in it. :cool:

Just ask your uncle to send(initiate) a payment to you via Xoom. He will be more than glad to do it for you.
    Moreover he will charged less fees too for such a transaction.

Delivery through courier is available (only in place where the given list of 50 banks don't operate)
    However pick-up opton is not available when you are the sender and reciptent of the payment.

Hope this helps

Al

arvind_srivastava, May 7, 2007 IP
  2. Kevster

Kevster Peon

Best Answers:
    XOOM has a new TOS prohibiting same country transfers,I tried so many style but it ends up Xoom canceling the transfer,even if paypal transferred the amount.
    Also XOOM calls up the sender at random,they call it the "VERIFICATION TEAM" based in Cali for NIA ,USA..mind you I raked up phone bills trying to explain things.

So better advice your sender to answer the right questions when they call up.

Kevster, May 8, 2007 IP
  3. ahoh

ahoh Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it possible to transact the money using XOOM, from paypal to local Indian bank, which is not in the list of Xoom partner bank list?

For example : Andhra Bank (Which is not in the list of Xoom partner bank list)

ahoh, May 8, 2007 IP
  4. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    You have to ask them this question through their email support system. They will give you proper answer for this IMO.

deluxdon, May 8, 2007 IP
  5. arvind_srivastava

arvind_srivastava Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well if your bank is not listed in the available list of banks then
    1. You won't be able to go for bank transfer as your bank won't be list of banks available on xoom website.
    2. Go for the courier option and xoom will send you a "Demand Draft".
    Present it to your bank and you are done.

Hope this helps

Al

arvind_srivastava, May 8, 2007 IP
  6. mcgyver

mcgyver Peon

Best Answers:

I tried reading the TOS and did not find anything about not allowing transfers from paypal business accounts.

The only thing I found about business transactions is this

"c. Commercial Transactions. Providers have no control over, and are not responsible for, the quality, safety, legality, or delivery of goods or services that you pay for using the Service ("Commercial Transactions"). You acknowledge that any use of the Service for Commercial Transactions is at your own risk. You agree to hold Providers harmless for any loss or expense they incur as a result of a Commercial Transaction."

But it doesn't mean that xoom will not work on paypal business accounts.

mcgyver, May 16, 2007 IP
  7. hclhost.com

hclhost.com Banned

Best Answers:
    xoom's service is so fast and i had talked with them by phone many times and also asked the same query that i am Indian and i want my paypal money to my Indian bank account and they told me that they can do it and the transaction takes one to three days time to complete as they also do inquiry of address Prof of receiver and then send the money to him either by dd or on line bank transfer.

means there is no problem to transfer the money to own bank account from paypal through xoom

Do one thing go to xoom website and check there helpline no and call to them and they will solve your query with in few minutes

hclhost.com, May 16, 2007 IP
    surfnearnzone likes this.