1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

starting e-book business, need an advice

Discussion in 'General Business' started by alexsgs, May 15, 2007.

Hello,

I've decided to start my e-book business (thank you, all digitalpoint members, who wrote about e-books). I'm going to focus on nice I really understand.

Before running a e-book design I wish to ask some questions, do a kind of research, which will help not only me, but others e-book creators.

1. What is the format you prefer e-book to be delivered. Actually, I prefer PDF and probably html for those who don't have Acrobat Installed. Any other opinions?

2. Number of pages. I read fast, but I will not really read 100+ pages e-book (if it is not interested enough). So I assume the best to have 20-30 pages e-book. With a good reference.

3. A result of purchase is a statis URL or dynamic? I know about ways to generate a dynamic url (this is a way to lower in appropriate usage), but does it worth our work? What is your opinion?

4. Promotion. What are the best ways of e-book only promotion? Submit to web-sites that support e-books? Participate in community and put a link to e-book in signature... Giving e-book for free for those who might write a good review for it. Anything else?

If you have any idea that worked very well for you, please, share it here!

P.S.
    English is not my first language, so could you please tell me how domain like *kickoff will sound? For instance, marketingkickoff (will it be OK, if I will write, for instance, about marketing tips for fast start).

alexsgs, May 15, 2007 IP
  2. flash9

flash9 Banned

Best Answers:
    Personally i think there is too many people out their already doing it to be hugely successfull (i may be wrong) but i dont see why you cant make a lot of money in it. in answer to your questions.

1. yes PDF i think is the best to be delivered in.

2. the ebooks i create have approx 10-15 pages. much more than that is too much i think.

3. i think you need a dynamic url, because the person who just bought your ebook could tell all his mates on his nice big forum the URL to the ebook, and all of his mates has just gained an ebook for free. there is automated ebook sales software avaialbe for the kind of site you want to create. many people sell this in the B/S/T section, but if you contact me, ill send you a copy of the software for free. (just leave me green reps or something).

4. i would create some good articles, one for each topic you create ebooks on, and submit them to all the article directories and social media sites, also use all the big webmaster forums for promotion. i notice you dont have a signature on your posts, so go to the Cpanel and create yourself a signature here on DP with a link to the your website.

flash9, May 15, 2007 IP
    newrhodes and alexsgs like this.
  3. alexsgs

alexsgs Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Thank you! I think that he still can get a book, and upload it somewhere... but I agree, dynamic url will make it harder to share the book.

alexsgs, May 16, 2007 IP
  4. Flif

Flif Active Member

Best Answers:
    Heading straight to your Qs, alexsgs ->

1) PDF and not a single doubt about it.
    2) Number of pages - 100+ are too much, 20-30 are ok but it greatly depends on what you write on and how deep in the matter you intend to go. 50 pages are still working fine, IMHO.
    3) Dynamic URL, for the reasons flash9 wrote on.
    4) Article directories submission, link exchange, promotional signature, reviews on your book. Depends on the specifics of your niche and e-book topic, etc.

Plus, marketingkickoff sounds interesting and easy to remember.

Flif, May 16, 2007 IP
  5. flash9

flash9 Banned

Best Answers:
    Hello mate,

Ive just sent you the Automated Ebook Store software. If anybody else wants a copy of the ebook software free of charge, please feel free to drop me a PM anytime and ill give you the Download URL.

Phil

flash9, May 16, 2007 IP
    sandrodz likes this.
  6. shuttle

shuttle Active Member

Best Answers:
    try using something different. There is a site called kickoff marketing and if you name yours marketing kickoff it would be kinda confusing which one's which

shuttle, May 16, 2007 IP
  7. alexsgs

alexsgs Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    "Marketing" was just as an example, sure, I'll be checking possible matches before using certain name. Thank you!

alexsgs, May 16, 2007 IP
  8. Pampa114

Pampa114 Banned

Best Answers:
    Any chance I can get a copy of that software too, Flash9?

Pampa114, May 17, 2007 IP