1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Here's a good way to find the best payouts

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by briandunning, Sep 12, 2005.

I see a lot of "What's your niche?" questions whenever someone says that they got a really good click in this forum. Obviously nobody wants to create competitors for themselves by spilling the beans. Here is what worked well for me:

Take a mongo list of keywords from all subjects. Include the Wordtracker results, and include every other database you can find: actors, songs, cars, books, authors, school subjects, locations - go crazy with this, everything you can think of.

Build a simple database of them. Build a site that runs off that database. Make each page optimized for a particular keyword. Use RSS, etc. to put decent content on the site. And, of course, put AdSense on every page. Getting the site indexed is up to you, and expect it to take a couple of months.

Run it for a while. Check your AdSense reports, and you'll find any number of subjects with high payouts.

Sorry this isn't the "instant gratification" get-rich-quick answer you may have been hoping for. It's slow but it's not difficult, and you'll have developed your own subjects and sites that may well be relatively unique within Google. When a successful AdSense publisher tells you his secrets, the best you can hope for is to be a johnny-come-lately competitor to people who already have a successful category tied up.

Hope someone finds this helpful. It has worked for me. :)

briandunning, Sep 12, 2005 IP
    Crazy_Rob likes this.
  2. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Have you found any niche worthwhile?
    Or you are just making a few dollars a week?

Jarodboy, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  3. briandunning

briandunning Active Member

Best Answers:
    AdSense is not my business so I've never bothered to build sites around my best keywords (it's on my to-do list). My checks are in the low 4-figures per month.

4. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Brian,

Create an obvious spam page to find out what keywords pay the best?

Brandon

AfterHim.com, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  5. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That's good enough for me ;) Congrats, maybe someday i'll try a similar aproach but with only 2 or 3 keywords to try it out :)

Jarodboy, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  6. briandunning

briandunning Active Member

Best Answers:
    No; create tens of thousands of obvious spam pages to find out what works the best. They don't HAVE to look horrible. Here is one I made (obviously this is being used for other purposes):
    http://www.10planet.info/velvet.18189.html

I should point out that the weak spot in here is the reporting. I am no expert in using the AdSense reporting, so someone please chime in if there's a way to see your referers in AdSense reports - because that's what you need to see. You can create channels, but that only gives you 200, and you need many thousands to get a good idea of what's going to pay well.

I'm fortunate to have a "back door" where I can get my referers directly, but that's not publicly available and please don't ask, I can't say anything more about it here or in a PM. As far as I've seen, you can't get the referers from AdSense reports - please correct me if I'm wrong.

7. gzm

gzm Peon

Best Answers:
    very usefull article

gzm, Jul 9, 2006 IP