1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Highly Kept Secrets of Getting Backlinks Fast

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by ecolatur, Sep 12, 2005.

1. ecolatur

ecolatur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I asked to check out the blog submitter on the page, which is not an adsense ad. I know asking people to click on ads violate google terms.

Abhilash.

ecolatur, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  2. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I understand that - which is why I said it's borderline...

I would rephrase it for sure if I were you.

SEbasic, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  3. ecolatur

Best Answers:
    I found a thread somewhere on this forum which was posted by Shawn about automatically creating links by inducing people to place the code on their website by giving away freebie tools for webmasters and thereby creating a backlink.

Great idea indeed. Though its not difficult for me to create such a website, I wonder how will I get visitors to the website.:) However that is a different topic all together.

Would like to hear some more fresh ideas which does not cross borderline ;) :D

4. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you going to fix that FRAUD problem or not?

SEbasic, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  5. ecolatur

Best Answers:
    Dear SEBasics, Lets discuss ideas instead of getting into small arguments. Whats in your opinion the best and the fastest way to get backlinks ofcourse without spamming. Bcos all the rest I already know.

Abhilash.

6. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Is the site you reffered to (moneyonline.visitscounter.com) owned by you?

yfs1, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  7. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Backlinks aren't the issue - the fraud on your site is...

Change that copy... I'm not the one who is going to get kicked out of adsense - you are.

Other than that - getting backlinks is easy - there are plenty methods mentioned on this site.

I suggest you look in the "Link Development" section.

SEbasic, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  8. ecolatur

Best Answers:
    I have removed the reference to the links.

But I should say that this is a highly moderated forum full of moderators and just don't dare to spam here :confused:

That's an advice for newbies.

Need to work out on ethics may be,

Abhilash.:)

9. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Only one mod posted in this thread - this is a user supported forum mostly...

And you're right - I wouldn't suggest you spam here. :)

SEbasic, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  10. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    Funny. I have read post after post from newbies who comment that this is a wild, loose forum. It has been attracting members from more heavily moderated forums.

In most, this thread would have been deleted, you would be banned, and the debate here would not exist. I think that speaks for itself.

In any case, when in Rome, do as the Romans. And if you are not sure how, sit on the hill and watch for awhile before interacting.

NetMidWest, Sep 12, 2005 IP
    mopacfan likes this.
  11. charless

charless Banned

Best Answers:
    I say, if you use the technique, leave it be otherwise you shouldn't be interfering unless it's illegal or against DP's TOS which apparently is not.

Sure blackhat can be frowned upon by many so I'm assuming those who post ignorant comments can be threatening looking. I agree with Fryman, blackhat's border is Googlebowling and harming other sites from SE's.

charless, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  12. davert

davert Banned

Best Answers:
    Just one quick note - sometimes the same techniques can be either spamming or useful dependign on who is doing them and why. If I post in a relevant site's guestbook with my true feelings about the site and mention that I have a similar site, I'd say that's legit. If I have a bot do it, no matter what, it's probably not legit. If I don't provide anything of value or dump irrelevant URLs in...

Years ago, I had a guestbook. Spammers killed it and I've never gone back. I even get spam in my feedback forms...

davert, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  13. kthor

kthor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess that is what that Bulgarian website is doing, going from forum to forum posting live links..the Bulgarians are coming! the Bulgarians are coming!

kthor, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  14. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    See I don't see any problem with this principle in general. As long as you are targeting very relevant sites and you are offering something beneficial to those sites.

I have some sites that are in relatively small niches, and I do go to relevant forums and drop a note about a site that most people interested in the niche would find useful.

I have gotten a lot of positive feedback on such things, and often the webmaster/forum owner has thanked me for posting the links. I think at first I was a bit concerned on how this would play out.. but clearly if targeted right and done properly it can work well.

If you just go around spamming message forums to get people to your site, then you should pay the consequences... And in some cases you have to gauge the community and decide what is appropriate. In some instances I will just post in another discussion with a signaure link if I feel that posting a new topic promoting my site would not be appropriate. My reply, though, would be on topic and relevant to the discussion.

This is why I think it is useful to actually create sites on topics you actually know something about.. Makes it much easier to go out and acquire non-serps traffic.

aeiouy, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  15. ecolatur

Best Answers:
    Thanks aeiouy

and this is what I was trying to explain everybody about, but I should say you have better communication skills and have concluded the argument very effectively.

Abhilash.

ecolatur, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  16. imraan

imraan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    instead of bitching about the ts why dont you try to add more in this thread. posting in high PR blog definately helps. And if it is a do follow blog then linkjuice also gets flowed to the commented site. I think this is a good idea to have some manual backlinks rather than trying the automated backlink builder. As the later one is risky and your blog may rot in the google sandbox forever.

imraan, Oct 2, 2011 IP