1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for new ideas for my polling site

Discussion in 'Websites' started by camp185, May 14, 2007.

Hi,

I have a polling site, http://www.apopularitycontest.com. It's a polling site where members can create polls for fun or their website. The one with the most popular poll wins a prize. Members also get points for voting/participation. Anyhow, I am looking for a fresh idea to add to it to make it a little more exciting. Any ideas? Open to pretty much anything.

camp185, May 14, 2007 IP
  2. Discoverluv

Discoverluv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe it's my putor, but the site was running too slow for me to stay on it for long. Sorry I am no help...

Discoverluv, May 14, 2007 IP
  3. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    For the graphics on the left of your site's text, they're kind of jaggy, any way to save them in a higher resolution? Also: The drop shadow for the very right text looks awkward.

8everything, May 14, 2007 IP
  4. jaymcc

jaymcc Peon

Best Answers:
    This is nice and simple, i agree with 8everything in relation to the images.

I would defintely change the format of the secondary navigation items though. You are using the same style half way down the page (news polls, top 10 polls, etc) as you are for the main nav at the top of the page. This is confusing. Maybe even changing the colurs for the top nav would be sufficient.

Jay

jaymcc, May 14, 2007 IP
  5. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    your site is giving 404 error . i can not access it

trichnosis, May 14, 2007 IP
  6. camp185

camp185 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input. I am not getting my email notices when someone replies anymore...arrgggghhh...

camp185, May 31, 2007 IP
  7. amit2353457

amit2353457 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think there need to change your design pattern of your site and put some attaractive image and Flash files for good looking.

amit2353457, Sep 14, 2010 IP