1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paypal countries updated (but not mine)

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by clvezlys, May 10, 2007.

1. hanz

hanz Peon

Best Answers:
    Banks in Estonia? But in Sweden you can receive payments and two of the biggest banks in Estonia are owned by Swedish banks. Hansapank is a part of Swedbank and SEB Ãœhispank belongs to SEB group. We have also Nordea and Sampo which should belong to Finns, but most of the people use Hansapank or Ãœhispank because they have been here longer and they are more innovative (they are more interested in our ID-cards, mobile-ID, cell-phone payments and other nice stuff). Anyway, I don't see why these banks should come to an agreement with PayPal in Sweden (or Finland), but not in Estonia (also in Latvia or Lithuania).
    And why should our government block PayPal? Our government is more interested in e-services than probably any other government on Earth (e-elections, filing tax-declarations over the Internet, creating companies over the Internet, e-school, ID-card, mobile-ID...) plus they are quite proud that Skype is developed by Estonians and in Estonia, so now that Skype is owned by eBay then why should they block other eBay services? And do you really think it is easier to come to an agreement with countries a lot bigger than Estonia?
    Overall, you seem to talk like you had some kind of inside information, but yet you have link to www.moneybookersclub.com as your location (nice site BTW, I was also about to create a site like that about a year ago, but I emailed them to ask permission to use moneybookers in my domain, but they didn't allow, so I buried the idea)

hanz, May 12, 2007 IP
  2. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well I emailed paypal while ago and they said they didn't agree with our banks and government yet so guess that is the reason ;)

I emailed them because on January 1st our country Slovenia became 13th country with Euro as official currency and we are EU member since 2004 and I thought because now we have european banking system that things will go faster but no.....

This is the answer I got from paypal !

:(

Moneybookers seems to have agreement with almost all slovenian banks since they list them on their home page and btw I have contacted moneybookers regarding domain and they gave me license so that I can use moneybookers trademark.

iatbm, May 12, 2007 IP
  3. hanz

hanz Peon

Best Answers:
    But if you read between the lines you will understand that they do not want to deal with you, there is no where in that message said that they have had difficulties with your banks nor government, they just say it would be difficult. Slovenia has been in EU since 2004, today is 2007. Do you really think it would take 3 years to resolve such small issues between your government/banks if they would really be interested in your market? Plus I have been getting emails like the one you got for the past 5 or so years, but nothing has changed. I am rather sure that they will eventually allow all EU members, but I don't see that happening during 2007 and probably not even 2008, they are just already making so much profit that country with population of few millions doesn't matter to them.

BTW thanks, I just got another idea for my next "why cannot Estonians accept PayPal payments?" email to PayPal (but we are in EU :( )

hanz, May 12, 2007 IP
  4. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Iceland and many other countries on paypal list have lower GDP (purchasing power parity) than Slovenia and Estonia and yet they are on the list...

It is sure also the fault of our banks and governments but paypal is not innocent also ;)

iatbm, May 12, 2007 IP
  5. hanz

hanz Peon

Best Answers:
    I never noticed that Iceland was allowed to receive payments, their GDP is low, but their GDP per capita should be one of the highest in the world, that means they have high salaries and so can spend more using PayPal. But average salary in Estonia is only about $1000 and even though it is rising 10 - 20% every year it is still lower than in older EU countries. And it isn't very high in Slovenia too.

But still, I don't know about your government, but I know that our government wouldn't stop PayPal from expanding to Estonia, they are just too busy with painting the E-stonia image to ruin it with blocking PayPal's expansion. Plus do you really thing it is a coincidence that only the biggest countries that joined EU in 2004 are now allowed to accept payments?

hanz, May 12, 2007 IP
  6. n971

n971 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good news, my country is finally added, but SEND ONLY :(

I just opened an account, and I'm wondering why I can't add funds with my CC? Maybe it will be possible after I complete CC verification?

n971, May 12, 2007 IP
  7. hanz

hanz Peon

Best Answers:
    You cannot add funds from credit card, you just add credit card to your account and every time you make a payment the money is taken directly from credit card.

hanz, May 12, 2007 IP
  8. n971

n971 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, it works :)

n971, May 12, 2007 IP
  9. Hossam

Hossam Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah right, they made agreements with banks and governments of antigua and barbuda, cape verde, burkina faso and djibouti but yet they couldnt make one with egypt :D

Hossam, May 12, 2007 IP
  10. Leriss

Leriss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My country is fully supported for few months right now.

Leriss, May 12, 2007 IP
  11. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly...of course they made !

iatbm, May 12, 2007 IP
  12. Range

Range Banned

Best Answers:
    :) my country still can send fund only.
    whenn.... ???

Range, May 13, 2007 IP
  13. Riks

Riks Active Member

Best Answers:
    I read somewhere that when you have an account from a "Send only" country you can receive payment using Paypal buttons.
    Is that true and legal?

Riks, May 14, 2007 IP
  14. hanz

hanz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm... Never knew that. I'll have to check into this... maybe it really works:confused:

[edit] no, that doesn't work :(
    I hope they will soon allow Estonians to receive payments because I would really need to accept them :(

hanz, May 14, 2007 IP
  15. Alokito Manush

Alokito Manush Peon

Best Answers:
    When will they allow Bangladesh? :'(

Alokito Manush, May 14, 2007 IP
    sami1255 likes this.
  16. gibex

gibex Active Member

Best Answers:
    another waiting time for Receive Feature :). Damn Paypal and lazy governments!!

gibex, May 14, 2007 IP
  17. haxanstudios

haxanstudios Member

Best Answers:
    still my country not in list, i will be writing to them soon enough ;)

haxanstudios, May 14, 2007 IP
  18. srinet

srinet Peon

Best Answers:
    they add my country but only for send

srinet, May 15, 2007 IP
  19. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my point of view, Moneybookers is JUST the same as paypal, I added my russian bank account in no time. The only difference is that moneybookers doesn't support "pay buttons", which is a shame. And paypal is more popular, that's the only difference. So, I don't know why people are so addicted to paypal.

N_F_S, May 16, 2007 IP
  20. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    moneybookers rock !

iatbm, May 16, 2007 IP