1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

You talk too much!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by soapbath, Sep 10, 2005.

How would I tell a customer that they ask to many questions, im selling a site to someone (No-one of this forum) and they have PM'ed me 34 times within 2 days, and tbh I feel like just saying "arg, shut up!", the questions are silly newbie things like "will google index this site" and "how do I use FTP", now I'm a nice person but I if it keeps doing he will slow down my other work so how can I say it a nice way to read some books :p?

soapbath, Sep 10, 2005 IP
  2. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    Tell him that your only selling the site, not advice on how to manage it.

mdvaldosta, Sep 10, 2005 IP
  3. soapbath

soapbath Peon

Best Answers:
    Mmm okey, but im a very kind person and I would feel that im letting him down, would he react okey to that you think?

Nintendo likes this.
  4. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    Depends on how much the site and your time is worth, if you're making a killing (relative to your circumstances) be nice otherwise just be professional and explain it is not economically viable to answer in that sort of detail, the worst that can happen is you'll lose the sale.

dct, Sep 10, 2005 IP
  5. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess you have to decide whether helping him with his questions will cost you the sale or not... maybe he's not willing to buy the site unless he knows how to set it up and run it?

But, if you truley don't have time to help him - as long as your informative about it and use good word choice I don't see how he could get upset with you. Since Im a web host I deal with this alot as well. Since I'm a small host I don't get many experienced webmasters and am faced with these questions alot. I go out of my way to help people along the way (since we all were newbies at some point). But, I do this to not only get the business but keep the business. You just have to decide whether or not it's worth risking the sale of the site.

mdvaldosta, Sep 10, 2005 IP
  6. cubexsystems

cubexsystems Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello

Well it depends you know.

For someone who's in real need of money.He will take the pain of answering all the question to get that "WORK" for my money.

Then are SMB businesses where you have to see what's important to you : They say "Time is money".

Value your time .Cash it the best way you can.

Some are only looking for making profiles.

So decide which boat you are in as you move forward in you career go for client qualification..that's judge whether if a specific person is going to be respectable client in terms of payment and biz relationship.Is your client worth spending time with kindda thingys u know.

Thanks

cubexsystems, Sep 10, 2005 IP
  7. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Just respond whenever you have time. Tell the person that you are busy and are working on more than just his project.

If the person can't accept that, let him know that you will not be able to work with him.

Crazy_Rob, Sep 10, 2005 IP
  8. soapbath

soapbath Peon

Best Answers:
    Okey, I see the awanser. Thanks guys (Oh for a note the money he paid was $40)

9. Dreamshop

Dreamshop Peon

Best Answers:
    :eek:
    lol

For that amount I would let him know the basics of what he's getting and then direct him to Webmonkey.com as an additional resource for webmaster info.:eek:

Dreamshop, Sep 10, 2005 IP
  10. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Charge him $5.00 per PM!!

Okay...!!! :D:D:D:D

Nintendo, Sep 10, 2005 IP
  11. Kings

Kings Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, seeing as he only paid $40, I wouldn't spend too much time on his questions. Only reply to his PM's once a day (and not as soon as possible). That'll probably lighten the load for you.

If he had paid a larger amount (e.g. $500+), I would provide as much as support as possible. The buyer sort of becomes your 'client' then, and you really should help him setup the website and have it running smoothly.

But for a mere $40 it's not worth it :p

Kings, Sep 10, 2005 IP
  12. surfup23

surfup23 Peon

Best Answers:
    38 pms for $40 bucks?

Wow is all I can say.

Best Regards,
    Surfup

surfup23, Sep 10, 2005 IP
  13. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    A lot of those people have way too much time on their hands. Teach them how to blog for crying out loud :D

Blogmaster, Sep 10, 2005 IP
  14. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Completely agree with Kings. If you only respond to emails every few hours or so, there's only so many questions you can answer in a work day :) Of course if the sale was for alot more, and this customer may be good to you in future sales, you may approach it differently. It's a matter of managing your time most efficiently and what makes good business sense.

cheers

dcristo, Sep 11, 2005 IP