1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How would I rank better for odd/long-tail terms?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jpigford, May 13, 2007.

I've got an ecommerce site with hundreds of products and I'm curious about what methods I should take to rank better for each of those products.

I already rank well for the overall "main" keywords for my niche...but the rankings for the products themselves isn't all that hot.

So I'm looking for some tips/ideas for getting the specific products a better ranking.

jpigford, May 13, 2007 IP
  2. buchin

buchin Active Member

Best Answers:
    just monitor your long tail using hittail. Then Update your keyword using the suggestion

buchin, May 13, 2007 IP
  3. jpigford

jpigford Peon

Best Answers:
    Eh "update my keyword"? You mean change the name of the product? That doesn't make any sense.

If I've got a product name "Big Fat Juicy Widget" and I rank 12th for it...I want info on how to to rank higher for that term, not info on changing the name of the product.

jpigford, May 13, 2007 IP
  4. Voasi

Voasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly, I'd make sure you're product pages are even getting indexed. Then look at Titles and Description tags and see if they correspond with the long-tail keywords you're looking to rank for.

Next, is the internal link architecture using proper anchor text to optimize for the long-tail keywords.

Lastly, get a few external links to each one of your product pages using long-tail anchor text. It could be as simple as doing a few comments on related blogs using proper anchor text.

Voasi, May 13, 2007 IP