1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GoDaddy hosting/VPS?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Nestrer, May 13, 2007.

Hi,

I want to run an small eCommerce website using GoDaddy hosting or VPS, but I never used their hosting service. anyone know about their uptime/load time? I'm interested in the VPS service too.

Thanks

Nestrer, May 13, 2007 IP
    8everything likes this.
  2. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Their shared hosting has some limitations that might interfere with the operation of some scripts. This depends on which you are using.

For ssl I think you need a dedicated IP. Not an option of their shared accounts.

The standard control panel is rather basic. By the time you add cPanel to their vps you can find a better deal elsewhere.

For all accounts they run mysql on a different server than the site files.

Really depends on your needs.

Colbyt, May 13, 2007 IP
    Nestrer likes this.
  3. ThatForumPlace

ThatForumPlace Peon

Best Answers:
    I run 6 hosting accounts with them, 9 domains, and about 50MySQL databases and have never really had any problems - all with either the $3.95 or $6.95 hosting accounts. Dedicated IP is only about $1.99 a month if you need one (which I think is the only requirement for a SSL, but I'm not certain). Can't recall any downtime EVER.

Never tried their VPS, so can't say.

Did use a dedicated server with them - seemed good (just don't use it for gaming servers - not so good when you're measuring speeds in milliseconds) - should be fine for regular sites.

I will tell you that their support is top notch. Usually never on hold more than 5 minutes by phone, and the person at the other end actually knows what they're talking about.

Avoid at all costs: 1and1.com - if something goes wrong, then you're s.o.l.

ThatForumPlace, May 13, 2007 IP
    Nestrer likes this.