1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

adsense vs yahoo pub, losing search placement

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by badkolo, Sep 9, 2005.

1. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    And you wonder why it was filtered out of search results, you f*cking muppet? It's crap. Shite. No quality anything there. You tart! Convert any f*cking site to that CRAP and it will be out of the index in NO TIME ATALL.

Are you saying you bought sites that ranked high and converted them to that shit, then they lost all their rankings and we're banned? AaHAhahahahahha. I'm sorry.

[​IMG]

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  2. badkolo

badkolo Peon

Best Answers:
    YUP I did, from a content site to that yup but i made 100% more money even after being gone from google for those sites.

I only did this to 7 sites out of 80 but then why wouldnt yahoo or other engines do the same, becuase for those 7 sites i became number 1 or 2 while i lost in google.

badkolo, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Do you think Yahoo reports what sites are using Overture to Google?

Nah, it's cool... but if anyone wants to run an experiment, feel free to advertise digitalpoint.com in Overture to see how long it takes for my rankings to go down. Might not be a bad idea to simply knock all your competitors out of Google by setting up an Overture ad for them. :)

digitalpoint, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  4. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    So what you're warning us is: If you convert your quality content site to a bag of shit using Overture in the fashion of boxing.com, expect it to loose rankings and be banned.

Well, that would only take a bit of common sense, and would have absolutely no correlation to placing contextual advertising on a content site.

- Placing AdSense on a content site would have no effect on rankings
    - Placing YPN! on a content site would have no effect on rankings

- Converting a content site to a bag of shit, would effect rankings

Thanks for the heads up.. uuh. And you thought because of this, placing YPN! on our pages may lose us rankings?

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  5. badkolo

badkolo Peon

Best Answers:
    It has been done with sites that where well ranked and with no content just adsense and it happed as well. (when i first started off) But the other engines wont delist you just google and there related engines will.

As a matter of fact the other engines that are part of yahoo will list you higher.

Yes becuase you will be using the competition and I dont see many sites using yahoo on google. do you?

Yes becuase you will be using the competition and I dont see many sites using overture yahoo on google. do you?

you can add content as well on an overture type site and it will still happen but i understand your point

badkolo, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  6. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    IT WILL HAPPEN ON ANY SITE WITHOUT CONTENT.

NO CONTENT JUST ADSENSE? I'M SUPRISED YOU DIDN'T GET BOOTED OUT OF ADSENSE.

IF YOU CONVERT OR MAKE ANY SITE WITHOUT CONTENT AND JUST PLACE ADVERTISING ON IT, IT WILL SOON BE GONE!

GOOGLE DELISTS YOU BECAUSE THEY'RE SMART.

USING YPN! ON A CONTENT SITE HAS ABSOLUTELY NO CORRELATION TO DOING WHAT YOU DESCRIBE. WE WOULD BE PLACING THE ADVERTS ON A PAGE *WITH* CONTENT.

I'm done in this thread. Sheesh. Tatty-bye badkolo.

Pete

Ps. You don't see many sites in Google using YPN because it's BETA, and AdSense has a long history of working and of steady results. This is completely down to the website owners and nothing to do with Google favouring AdSense sites.

GADOOD, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  7. badkolo

badkolo Peon

Best Answers:
    Here you know what let me prove you wrong smartass.

about your content nonsense. MOMA.com I was using adsense, I was in first place. I sold it for a large amount and the new owner did not use overture itself he is using domainspa and type in moma in google he is still there. So there goes your contwent theory and i sold it last year and it has had that garbage on it for alomst a year yet its in google. My point is once he owuld use overture he wouldve of no longer been in google period. Thats why he wont use overture itself which pays 85% of what the keyword is worth because even though it pays well he will lose his placement in google.

Im being specific here. Once you use overture im saying and thats why i started this thread once again. maybe but i hope not that this happens with yahoo pub program

badkolo, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  8. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Using AdSense on a site with no content, was you? I'll be suprised if you still have your account.

So domainspa pages aren't so easily recognised by Google as Overture spam-sponsored pages. This doesn't mean Google are banning sites merely because they use Overture/Yahoo stuff.

MOMA.com will suffer the same fait soon enough, and then all 'domainspa' pages will fall on their arse, too.

Why doesn't he just pay a writer, fill it up with content and place AdSense on it? Without doing so he's just going to wound up getting de-listed eventually with a page like that.

It seems very, very silly. He could fill that site up for less then $100.

Really.. some people!

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  9. badkolo

badkolo Peon

Best Answers:
    First to explain when i first started adsense 2 years ago i had 2 sites with one paragraph and adsnese and they where fine, I then realized you needed goog content etc.... I said that as an example.

Now with moma the site is related to museum but he cant make real content with museum because of infringement with moma.org, either way its not my concern since it was sold.

badkolo, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  10. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    wow guys, chill out. You're both in the red, and this is not going to make things any greener :cool:

Blogmaster, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  11. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh come on.. there's always value and points in my posts amongst the occasional profanity. :p

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  12. AdSenseAdvisor

AdSenseAdvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi all - Just to clarify, your participation in the AdSense program does not affect your search ranking in the Google search results either positively or negatively. We believe in providing unbiased search results, so removing the AdSense code shouldn't negatively impact you - although obviously we encourage you to stick with AdSense!

AdSenseAdvisor, Sep 9, 2005 IP
    GuyFromChicago likes this.
  13. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Facts

aeiouy, Sep 10, 2005 IP
  14. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    This isn't what the thread was about - it was about would participating in YPN! effect your rankings.

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 10, 2005 IP