1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get Paypal Premier for Indians :?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by priyakochin, May 12, 2007.

I am planning to take a premier paypal account.So can anyone guide me ?

Since I have no utility bill in my name, what will I do ?

What is the best way to present them the documents ?

priyakochin, May 12, 2007 IP
  2. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no difference in terms of signing up for a Personal or Premier Paypal account.

What you need is a bona fide real credit card (VISA, MasterCard or American Express) and not one of those VCC or Debit Card and you can use that to verify your account. Once done, you be set.

If they limit your account, you can just fax them your government-issued Photo ID with your Name and Photo and a copy of your Bank Issued Credit Card Statement with your name, address and credit card number on it. That should settle all your troubles.

Never use a Virtual Credit Card because that does not come with a paper statement and it is no use in this sense. Besides Paypal is on the warpath now limiting accounts because of the use of VCC for verification and require more documents to verify who you are.

eddy2099, May 12, 2007 IP
  3. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    So why paypal limit premier accounts ?
    If I signup paypal premier then is it a must to send them the documentation ?
    Before some months I had a premier account but suddenly they block it ?
    And ask me to send my documents or verification.

My VCC comes with paper !
    I can get the transaction details in solid form.

4. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    What Limit are you talking about ? I don't recall any limitation ?

Like I said, the verification process for a Premier account is the same as the Personal account. They do not subject you to any other verification process.

Like I said, Paypal is on the warpath now whether they encounter someone using a Virtual Credit Card to verify the account and thus ask you for the documentation to proof that you actually are using a real credit card and that you are a real person. It has nothing to do with using a Premier account.

You see the thing is that if you are an Indian from India who sign up for an Indian Paypal account, they would expect you to use an Indian-issued Credit Card. The first 4 numbers of the credit card would sort of tell you which country and the type of card you are using. It is all encoded in there. If you use a VCC which comes from some country which is not part of your country then it will inevitably raise a red flag.

It is also possible that you are violating some of the Paypal Acceptable Use Policy which states that you cannot offer Money Card (Virtual or Physical)

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/use/index_frame-outside&ed=prepaid_debit

If your VCC comes from an approved bank in India which offers a Bank Issued Monthly Statement then you should be fine. If it is something you print out with your printer or not coming directly from the bank then they may not accept it.

Remember, they are not stopping you or asking for documentation because you are using a Premier account but it is most likely because you use a VCC or dealing with some activities which are againsts their policies.

eddy2099, May 12, 2007 IP
  5. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    Oh now I get the thing.I remember.Just after the creation of my paypal premier I just got a fake mail (phishing) and give my paypal details their.So I think the reason for my account blocking is that my paypal account was used by someone else ............ ?

6. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    eddy, Can VCC be used for personal accounts ?

poseidon, May 12, 2007 IP
    inworx likes this.
  7. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    Eddy seems to know everything abt paypal ???
    Is he from paypal ?

8. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:

Mostly, the need/ask for Utility Bill as proof address. Governtment issued photo ID is NOT a valid proof of address as it doesnt has address written...at least here in India.

inworx, May 12, 2007 IP
  9. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    But the Voters ID Proof provided in India have both address and photos.
    So I think if a problem occur only I need to provide this documents ?

10. inworx

inworx Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, Voter ID is enough for address proof if it contains the SAME address as on PayPal account.

Yes, they can be used. But if your account got limited and they asked for Credit Card statement, you've lost your account and trust + business with PayPal. They will mark your IP as suspicious and will check regularly any activity with your IP.

inworx, May 12, 2007 IP
    poseidon likes this.
  11. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I am not from Paypal. I just happened to just read Paypal's Terms and Conditions and the other bit is just commonsense and from reading the experiences of the other Paypal users.

eddy2099, May 13, 2007 IP
    gr8liverpoolfan likes this.
  12. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Eddy isn't from Paypal, but he can be considered an authority on matters related to payment processing. The payment processing forum owes a lot to him, and his replies are clear- just a bit lengthy at times :p

Ed, maybe paypal could hire you as a internet public relations head :D

gr8liverpoolfan, May 13, 2007 IP
  13. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah correct : gr8liverpoolfan

I think he should be the moderator of this forum : payment processing !

priyakochin, May 13, 2007 IP