1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Submission Question

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Kaabi, May 10, 2007.

Okay, I have a question about article submission. Is it better to submit a lot of articles to one great article directory, like ezinearticles, or spend time only submitting a few to every article directory you can find. Does each new backlink that you gain from a big directory like EzineArticles matter that much, or is it just the first backlink that is the most powerful? Is it worth it to keep submitting after you've done like ten? I'll always submit to EzineArticles no matter what, but I'm just wondering, after a fair amount of article submission, do you still get SEO from the backlinks?

Kaabi, May 10, 2007 IP
  2. jl255

jl255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yah sure u will get backlinks from the same site. Look at DP and u'll know :)

But nonetheless, its also not a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket and i wld advice submitting to other article directories as well, but u can prioritise the number of submissions based on the strength of the directories....

jl255, May 10, 2007 IP
  3. Kaabi

Kaabi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I submit to a lot but I was just wondering if I was wasting my time. Can anybody else back this guy up? Is it worth submitting a lot of articles, like past ten, to the same article directory, for SEO (it's always good for traffic)?

Kaabi, May 10, 2007 IP
  4. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i agree with you . focusing on a big article directory is a easy and a clever way to get backlinks

trichnosis, May 10, 2007 IP
  5. Kaabi

Kaabi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody has really answered my question, directly!

Kaabi, May 11, 2007 IP
  6. flash9

flash9 Banned

Best Answers:
    i do a lot of article submissions and the trick i have always used is not to submit all to one directory, neither to submit a bulk of say 10 articles to every article directory in a short space of time.

I tend to add about 2 articles per week to every article directory on my list, which to the search engines looks like a steady increase of natural links, rather than a bulk of links at once which some-way looks like un-natural linking efforts.

flash9, May 11, 2007 IP
  7. Kaabi

Kaabi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah that's what I do, in fact, I do it slower than that. Also, I always change the author bio box, always changing that text, so that's why I think it may be better. So, I guess it does work, I mean, it worked for my other site. But seriously, anybody know anything else?

Kaabi, May 11, 2007 IP
  8. ez-online-money.com

ez-online-money.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Hm.

Well it works both ways really. Ezinearticles should bring a decent amount of traffic. But submitting to just one main directory only brings in so many links. Submitting to lots of directories builds up your link popularity for SEO.

I get the best of both worlds: I submit a lot of articles to a lot of directories. To avoid the dreaded duplicate content penalty I have a free rewriting service (although it requires a bit of manual work) so I have a unique copy of an article for every directory I send to.

ez-online-money.com, May 11, 2007 IP
  9. jl255

jl255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if i have to choose, i wld definitely not submit ALL my articles to 1 site, but will prob submit more to the stronger sites and less to the weaker ones. Hope this practical suggestion will help ;)

jl255, May 12, 2007 IP
  10. Janna122003

Janna122003 Banned

Best Answers:

Yes it's better to submit your article to great article directory. But I also submit my article to other article directories.

Janna122003, May 12, 2007 IP
  11. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    Franck S, May 12, 2007 IP
    Kaabi likes this.
  12. onlinetrading

onlinetrading Active Member

Best Answers:
    while on the topic... perhaps my article site could be of benefit.

Feel free to submit to articles.cc thanks :)

onlinetrading, May 12, 2007 IP
  13. Kaabi

Kaabi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I submit to a lot of the directories listed on ArticlePR.com. I do more than just ezinearticles for main. In fact, here we go:

EzineArticles.com
    GoArticles.com
    ArticleDashboard.com
    Ideamarketers.com
    ArticleWheel.com
    ContentDesk.com
    ArticleAlley.com
    Amazines.com
    Click-Partners.com

See, I wasn't asking about submitting just to one, I submit to many. However, it is a STRONG relief to hear that Wilson guy (I mean, the guy from WilsonWeb) talk about how you shouldn't submit to every puny article directory, because that's what I was starting to do! I'll just stick with that main list and all those ones on the wilsonweb page, which I bookmarked. By the way, thank you so much for that, I give you (Franck) reputation I do.

Kaabi, May 14, 2007 IP