1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

FS: Arcade Temple :: Online Games & Videos!

Discussion in 'Sites' started by Mr. Websites, May 12, 2007.

Arcade Temple
    a categorized online games and videos

Domain Name: www.arcadetemple.com
    Reason for Selling: My host recently contacted me about excessive CPU usage, and unfortunately, my budget doesn’t allow me to transfer from a shared host. I was hoping that the arcade's popularity would gradually climb, such that I would be able to afford a better host. The abrupt boost in popularity, in conjunction with certain unforseen expenditures, is too much for me to handle. Hence, I am willing to sell Arcade Temple if the price is right!
    Additional Information: When assessing the earnings, you must note that I have never spent a dime on marketing. While my efforts were rigorous, I endured no costs besides those of the design, script and hosting. This website’s potential, as exemplified by the heightening traffic, is remarkable. Since the revision of the arcade’s design, we have consistently been gaining five members per day, despite there being minimal advantages for them joining. Without a doubt, this arcade will parallel the other giants within the coming years. Rest assured, if I am not satisfied with the highest offer, I will not sell.
    Traffic: The website received roughly 38,000 uniques last month. The statistics until May 10th illustrate that we have already received approximately 24,000 uniques this month! I did not extensively invest my time prior to April of this year.
    [​IMG]
    Revenue: The website was offline for at least 5-6 days the preceding month as my host was incapable of handling the high degree of CPU usage. Even so, it covered the entire year's costs of running the website several times. I have since then transfered hosts, revised the design, added new features (such as 'game sponsorships'), and was in the process of creating a monthly competition. I have never spent any money out of my pocket on marketing. The CTR has declined since the redesign, but the increase in traffic makes up for it in the long-run. The new owner will need to alter the current Adsense placements to maximize earnings.
    [​IMG]
    Timeframe: I will accept offers until Tuesday, 15th of May - 12am EST, thereafter deciding whether the bid is adequately sufficient for a sale.
    Highest Offer(s): $805
    I decided to sell this website a few hours ago, and have already received an offer of $805 plus an exchange. I will routinely update this to reflect the highest offer, and will more than likely sell to the highest bidder.
    Increments: $10+ please.
    BIN: $2,000!

Mr. Websites, May 12, 2007 IP
    pasfile likes this.
  2. pasfile

pasfile Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Nice site, i only wish i had the cash. can i ask a question, where did you get the template made and how much did it cost?

good luck with the sale.

pasfile, May 12, 2007 IP
  3. Mr. Websites

Mr. Websites Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I replied to your PM pasfile; I'm not certain if any prospective owners would want copies of this arcade circulating. Hence, you'll more than likely have to prolong this offer until we have a definite owner. :) The highest offer remains at $805!

Mr. Websites, May 12, 2007 IP
  4. Mr. Websites

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Less than 48 hours left! :)

Mr. Websites, May 13, 2007 IP
  5. Teetster

Teetster Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Very nice site. I assume its easy to transfer to another host? I'll bid $850.

Teetster, May 13, 2007 IP
  6. Duality

Duality Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Are you allowed to remove the copyright off of a ForumMonkey design?

Duality, May 13, 2007 IP
  7. Mr. Websites

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm not the designer, so it will be added back shortly. This was originally a VB skin that was altered and integrated into an arcade script after numerous alterations. I would like to disclose as much information as I can, so if there's anything that was overlooked please do let me know. In regards to the referral statistics, they were intentionally not posted due to the overwhelming competition in this business. If you are truly interested, please PM me and I will provide you with them. Teetster, thank-you for the bid. The transfer should be relatively straightforward if your host currently uses cPanel. I will handover my current hosting account to the new owner.

8. LinkSales

LinkSales Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    How much has the site made so far in May?

LinkSales, May 13, 2007 IP
  9. Mr. Websites

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I took down Adsense this month for several days as I was experimenting with other advertisers, such as ExoClick. Even so, the revenue remains at roughly $20 to date this month with Adsense alone. As I revealed earlier, since the redesign, I have not properly integrated the advertisements so as to boost the CTR. Hence, as was said formerly, there will be some changes on part of the new owner. Given that traffic is twice (if not triple) of last month, if the prospective owner efficiently integrates the advertisements - the revenues should also equate to more than that of the previous month. The key here is the visitors - who have an impressive 66.8% rate of return. 422 guests are online as we speak. There are 1,355 games on the website, and I have not attempted to sell a single ‘game sponsorship.’ Accordingly, these are all available for further revenues. Moreover, I am not in any agreements with advertisers regarding links, hence these are also available for sale to the potential owner. I would encourage members to head over to SitePoint, and scrutinize the listed arcades' traffic statistics. These websites are receiving a fraction of our traffic, yet for the simple reason that they utilize YPN, can derive ten-folds more income. With proper advertisements' integration, this website will surpass most arcades in the market at the moment. If you need referral statistics, please do not hesitate to contact me personally. The links listed within the referral statistics will absolutely remain! Arcade Temple’s rise in traffic was completely organic, and will remain the same, if not grow.

10. Mr. Websites

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    As a side note, I will also accept practically all modes of payment including cheques, PayPal, WesternUnion, Xoom, and wire transfer. In regards to several concerns about inadequate funds at hand - I am willing to accept payments within a reasonable timeframe. Kindly let me know, prior to your bid, if you’ll be taking this route. There are roughly 18 hours remaining in this auction; don’t overlook this superb opportunity with unsurpassed potential.

Mr. Websites, May 14, 2007 IP
  11. Mr. Websites

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    With less than 11 hours remaining, I would request that any further inquiries and/or unanswered questions be forwarded to me at this point so that I can respond to them in a timely fashion. I believe I have responded to every PM thoroughly. In addition, I will be throwing in a MySpace account that was inherently designed to promote this arcade (with over 1325 friends) for the winning bidder. This is to ensure that the forthcoming owner will have access to every means of maintaining the current traffic. I have also received numerous inquiries regarding my unwillingness to sell below an undisclosed figure. Hence, I would like to disclose the reserve of $1,000.

12. Mr. Websites

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sorry, due to excessive CPU usage the website has been temporarily suspended. I have set a reserve of $1,000 that has not been met, thus you can still convey your offers after tonight. :)

13. Mr. Websites

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The website is now online; I have transferred to a semi-dedicated server and am no longer in a rush to sell if the reserve is not met. :)

14. nikolaalx

nikolaalx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi, I am interested in your site.

However I dont see it opening currently. Its offline for me.

In addition can you please provide detailed traffic stats including referrer stats?

Thanks,
    Nik

nikolaalx, May 15, 2007 IP
  15. Mr. Websites

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    nikolaalx, please check my PM. I received an e-mail from my host that we had met the bandwidth limit in a few hours, which doesn't make sense to me. Also, keep in mind that there were 23,077 game plays so far today and it's just 1:30pm! Moreover, while children are still in school within North America, there are still 341 guests online as we speak!

Mr. Websites, May 15, 2007 IP
  16. pfgannon

pfgannon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please PM my referrer stats.

pfgannon, May 15, 2007 IP
  17. Ericsson

Ericsson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ericsson, May 15, 2007 IP
  18. Mr. Websites

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    pfgannon, kindly check your inbox. As I stated earlier, this a VB skin that was heavily altered to be integrated into an arcade. I have disclosed this information above, so please read the thread before commenting.

19. Mr. Websites

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    An offer of $1,000 has been received and the website is now sold! :)

20. nikolaalx

nikolaalx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have not received any pm from you.

Please send me referrer stats. Thanks,
    Nik

nikolaalx, May 16, 2007 IP