1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Links From A Word Cloud Sites Are Worthless

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by rzvagelsky, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Camay123

Camay123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    May I also state that I am the owner of a few word cloud website. I try to make them Quality word cloud website.

Less then 100 links as per google quality guidelines, build as many incoming links, gain PR ( Must I say that the last 4 word cloud I made gained PR6 from PR0 in 4 months). I dont use drop domains except once. Build domain from scratch. People use my sites to index fast their site.

Also, I have a website that ranks 3 out of 184 millions result for Permanent text links.

I believe I am doing something right for Google since I get the PR and the SERP.

Some people have reported having bought only 4 PR4 links from a word cloud website and their website scored a PR3 on the next update, and they SERP well for their keywords. These links were bought on PR4 clouds site with over 150 outbound links.

Altough the logic says it shouldnt be worth it, some people are getting benefits.

Yes I do gain some money, but I also invest in sites.

Camay123, May 2, 2007 IP
  2. coolsitez

coolsitez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let the market decide the value. Ultimately you can't really convince people like that. Some think this but others think differently.

I wonder alex really had a strategy or plan how his pixel site should be run when he started. It was probably just an idea he wanted to try and see. I bet many thought it was a stupid idea while so many others thought it was unique and worth the purchase.

coolsitez, May 2, 2007 IP
  3. WebGeek182

WebGeek182 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As minstrel said, "The link BUYERS are not getting 50 to 250 visits per day - the SELLER is getting those visitors. See above."

Dakuipje, do the math - 50 - 250 visits per day divided by 500 keywords is on average, .1 - .5 visits per day to each keyword. Wow, 1/10 of a visitor per day! On a good day 1/2 a visitor! Woohoo!

Let's break it down even more. That would average out to 7/10 - 3.5 visitors per week, 2.8 - 14 visitors per month, or 36.5 - 182.5 visitors per year. Wow! What a great investment! You could get that for free with a number of other free marketing methods.

"Quality word cloud website"? That's an oxymoron - it doesn't exist!

TO ALL WORDCLOUD SITE OWNERS: Stop polluting the internet with your spammy sites.

WebGeek182, May 9, 2007 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  4. rzvagelsky

rzvagelsky Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Couldn't have said it better myself

rzvagelsky, May 9, 2007 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  5. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Bravo to both of you. It's nice to see that there are still a few members of this forum who are not lemmings or naive suckers! :)

minstrel, May 9, 2007 IP
  6. coolsitez

Best Answers:
    coolsitez, May 9, 2007 IP
  7. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    More like Dumb and Dumber:

Dumb ideas are beaten out by even dumber ideas...

minstrel, May 9, 2007 IP
  8. coolsitez

Best Answers:
    I guess I would like to hear a reason or two for your comment.

coolsitez, May 10, 2007 IP
  9. flash9

flash9 Banned

Best Answers:
    in my opinion i think they are just as the same as link farms, because all they display is links, and they are probably not relevant to your site either.

flash9, May 11, 2007 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  10. OIOplus

OIOplus Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the best ways I've found to get indexed fast is to put a signature link for the domain on a site like DP - it's free to do too!

Therefore, I agree with those who say that cloud sites are spammy. A site like linkexperiment.com worked for a while because it got attention (ergo some traffic!) but 99.9% of these keyword cloud sites get the buyers no traffic, no PR benefit (eg. PR6 / 100+ links = almost worthless), no relevance, and no indexing advantage over sites like this one.

OIOplus, May 11, 2007 IP
    minstrel likes this.