1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Help Me With this PHP Mod

Discussion in 'Programming' started by flash9, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hey Guys,

I really need your advice if possible please. if you take a look at http://www.aussiepages.com.au/directory/Category/Accommodation_Listings/"]http://www.aussiepages.com.au/directory/Category/Accommodation_Listings/ you will see that there is a table with listings. you will notice that there is 4 columns to each listing.

What i want to do is remove the last 2 columns and their contents completely to allow for the 2nd column to take up the additional width with the listings descriptions.

Ive been told that the coding which controls that table is the following, however i have no clue on what i need to change on it in order to get it to do what i require. is there anychance somebody could tell me or show me what i need to change please?

<tr>
        <td align="center" valign="center" class="<?php echo $color; ?>">
            <br><a href="<?php echo $link; ?>"><?php echo $logo; ?></a><br>
        </td>  
        <td align="left" valign="center" width="60%" class="<?php echo $color; ?>">
            <a href="<?php echo $link; ?>"><span class="company<?php echo $membership; ?>"><?php echo $company; ?></span></a> <?php echo $new.' '.$updated.' '.$hot.' '.$offers.' '.$images.' '.$documents; ?>
            <br><br>
            <span class="text"><?php echo $short_description; ?></span><br><br>
            <?php echo $rating; ?> <br>
        </td>
        <td align="left" valign="center" width="20%" class="<?php echo $color; ?>"></td>  
        <td align="left" valign="center" width="20%" class="<?php echo $color; ?>"><span class="text">
            <?php echo $address_line1; ?> <?php echo $address_line2; ?>
            <?php echo $location_2; ?> <?php echo $location_1; ?> <?php echo $zip; ?> <br>
            <?php echo $location_0; ?></span>
        </td> 
    </tr>
    PHP:
    I REALLY appreciate your help, and i will leave green reps for whoever can help me. thanks guys.

flash9, May 11, 2007 IP
  2. hasbehas

hasbehas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

<tr>    <td align="center" valign="center" class="<?php echo $color; ?>" width="120">        <br><a href="<?php echo $link; ?>"><?php echo $logo; ?></a><br>    </td>      <td align="left" valign="center" width="1119" class="<?php echo $color; ?>">        <a href="<?php echo $link; ?>"><span class="company<?php echo $membership; ?>"><?php echo $company; ?></span></a> <?php echo $new.' '.$updated.' '.$hot.' '.$offers.' '.$images.' '.$documents; ?>        <br><br>        <span class="text"><?php echo $short_description; ?></span><br><br>        <?php echo $rating; ?> <br>    </td>    </tr>

Code (markup):
    Believe should be like this..

hasbehas, May 11, 2007 IP
    flash9 likes this.
  3. flash9

flash9 Banned

Best Answers:
    Hey that worked great. thanks so much for your advice. i really do appreciate it. ive left you some green reps too so thankyou very much.

flash9, May 11, 2007 IP
  4. flash9

flash9 Banned

Best Answers:
    sorry to be a pain, but is there any chance you could also show me the coding needed to remove the first column too please?

sorry i should reword that, i dont want to remove it, i just need to merge it to the second column so it just makes one long line

flash9, May 11, 2007 IP
  5. digitome

digitome Peon

Best Answers:
    This should do the trick for ya
    <tr> <td align="left" valign="center" width="60%" class="<?php echo $color; ?>">        <a href="<?php echo $link; ?>"><span class="company<?php echo $membership; ?>"><?php echo $company; ?></span></a> <?php echo $new.' '.$updated.' '.$hot.' '.$offers.' '.$images.' '.$documents; ?>        <br><br>        <span class="text"><?php echo $short_description; ?></span><br><br>        <?php echo $rating; ?> <br>    </td></tr>
    Code (markup):

digitome, May 11, 2007 IP
    flash9 likes this.
  6. flash9

flash9 Banned

Best Answers:
    hey that did the trick perfectly. cheers dude. left some green reps for you.

flash9, May 11, 2007 IP
  7. digitome

digitome Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks flash, glad i could help :)

digitome, May 11, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.