1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense CPM

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by ljr2600, Sep 8, 2005.

I've been under the impression that adsense also supports cpm besides cpc. Is this true? If so, is there anything you need to do inorder to utilize cpm ads?

ljr2600, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  2. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    The only thing you need to do is hope an advertiser selects your website(s) to target with CPM ads ;)

Jenstar, Sep 8, 2005 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  3. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Peon

Best Answers:
    Jenstar.... would like to clarify a few issues about adsense. Would appreciate some advise on how best to optimize my CTR etc and get better paying ads please.

I have a niche content site with 200+ articles
    Get an average of 8K visitors per day
    Display a skyscraper banner ad in my left hand column
    However, recently delete all adsense ads from inside my articles
    Keeping only a 250x250 text ads on 9 article pages which gets the most visitors

My ads convertion is pitiful without going into too much detail which is against TOS however, with such high traffic I manage to earn an average of 4 bucks a day as most of my ads only pay about 1 to 5 cents.

Have recently implimented the html <start> and <end> code to some of my articles in the hope to generate off-site topic ads which are still relevent to my article but alas only ever get the generic ads relevent to my overall site topic...

I did contact adsense to ask if there is some way I can have ads that are more relevent to my visitors ... which is the baby boomer generations.

Any suggestions would be most welcome. As I am seriously thinking that maybe adsense is not ever going to generate a healthy income despite the fact that I have great content and huge traffic and my site is listed in the top ten under 20 of my major keywords... thanks....

Anyone else wants to chip in with some advise... I'm all ears....

ElvisFan, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  4. junksampah

junksampah Guest

Best Answers:
    well.. I would say no one is sure if your website is great or not except yourself.. post your website link and let us see..

junksampah, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  5. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Didn't we go through this a long, long time ago?

If it's your Elvis site, I think it would be a good idea to drop AdSense and cut some deals with shops that sell Elvis merchandise or memorabelia.

Other suggestions I remember we're creating pages on Memphis, for Memphis hotel and holiday adverts on AdSense.

With that many visitors, get people signing up a mailing list - maybe you could blast 'offers' to them occasionally about Elvis tours from some operator. You could maybe work out a commision deal.

Maybe Amazon would be a better program for you to try. They must sell a lot of Elvis stuff?

I'm not sure AdSense is the best way to go for an Elvis site, but it looks like you haven't listened to any of the suggestions from last time you posted here, or have you tested a few....or are you still asking the same question, 'cos you will get the same answers I'm sure! :)

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  6. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Just had a quick look on your site.

Here's your biggest problem: [​IMG]

Here's your best solution for AdSense: [​IMG]

You need to grab your visitors attention straight away (it's no good having adverts down the left where they can't see them, and honestly, if you implement this throughout your site I guarantee your revenue will sky-rocket. Absolutely sky-rocket.

Try it out and PLEASE post back with the results. You're getting a lot of visitors and I'm sure you could make a pretty penny with them.

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  7. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    My eCPM values usualy are always around $5.00 (Exact amount not disclosed by Major Domo so the TOS is not violated) Now my site(s) are about software, and medical, and have been on the net since 2001.

Is the reason my click values are 1 cents, and 3 cents (sad :( ) because my eCPM is always so low, How do you get it higher ?

bluegill_catcher, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  8. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    eCPM is how much you would make per thousand impressions, so is based on your cost per clicks and CTR.

What's your URL? I'm interested in what type of software you're targetting for such low cost per clicks.

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  9. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Peon

Best Answers:
    ..."it looks like you haven't listened to any of the suggestions from last time you posted here, or have you tested a few...."

I have scanned for suggestions here and on other forums... tired and tested most of them... however, no matter how much I tweaked ad placement and/or content I only ever get low paying ads from adsense and my CTR is never higher than .8%.

I do believe my site is victim to "Smart Pricing" because when I deleted all ads from all my articles with only the skyscraper ads in my left hand column my CTR doubled.

GADOOD - believe me - I am trying my best to learn how to optimize my site. I will impliment your suggestion of a banner ad placement under my article <h1> titles </h1>
    However.... where would you suggest ad placement for my frontpage?

I'm all ears... GADOOD?

ElvisFan, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  10. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Where ever your visitors will first see them when they hit your page.

- They can either click there and then if the ad interests them *that* much

or

- They know what's in the adverts, and if they're interested, they'l check your page out first and may come back and click on the ads.

Just make sure your visitors know what the adverts contain as soon as they hit your page. Any page. That's what I advise anyway.

Your main page? Something here: [​IMG]

Mainly because I'm drawn to that area as soon as I hit the page, and imagine most visitors are.

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  11. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks GADOOD... are you suggesting I delete my ads from the left hand column and replace it with a 460x60 banner your suggested "sweet spot" on my front page and inside all my articles? Remember I do have over 200+ articles.

With so many banner ads on my site wouldn't that just counter against lowering CTR?

I'm listening... and do appreciate any and all suggestions... thanks

ElvisFan, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  12. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    That's what I'd do. I don't see much value with the adverts on the left further down the page. You said yourself CTR is .point something - I'd get rid and yeah, try the 480x60 banner in that sweet spot and below your headings and a bit of text on your article pages. It won't be too obtrusive but they will know they're there.

I think it will certainly raise your CTR by a lot.

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  13. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks... will impliment your suggestions... I'm will to try anything at this stage...

Will let you know how I get on... thanks again... much appreciated...

Do take another look at my site again in a couple of hours after I update my site and post me any further suggestions you think appropiate...

ElvisFan, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  14. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah good, it's my pet peeve when people don't report on the changes that get suggested. I'd love to know if they worked out good or not, but by then they're usually gone! :)

Yup.....keep us posted thanks, I'll keep checking your site, I need some kind of inspiring AdSense success story (no matter how little!) things have been a bit morbid for AdSense this month on the whole it seems.

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  15. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Peon

Best Answers:
    As I am willing to try anything and everthing to optimize my site... will be only too pleased to offer the results here...

Should I income skyrocket GADOOD will send you a nice Elvis gift - promise?

ElvisFan, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  16. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Heheh ok, I am partial to a bit of Elvis. :D

I once spent the full night whisteling 'I'm caught in a trap.. I can't get out' in a police cell one night, but that's another story!

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  17. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Peon

Best Answers:
    Just one more issue about the placement of the 468x90 banner ads under my aritcle titles... what you suggest as the URl color? "link blue" or contrast color say "dark red"

Will update this page: http://www.elvispresleynews.com/ElvisCollectables.html now so that you may offer your suggestion... thanks again

ElvisFan, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  18. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd go with dark red as it matches your link colour on the left.

Obviously with a white background and no borders.

And underneath 'The history of Elvis collectables & Elvis memorabilia began with Colonel Parker who sought to cash in on the lucrative demand. Fifty years later nothing has changed.' :D

Good luck!

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  19. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Peon

Best Answers:
    Update as we speak... if this works .... I owe you... please offer me you email addy and I will send you one of my Elvis ebooks FREE... go to my frontpage and have a look at which title ebook you would be interested in... and let me know... thanks again...

ElvisFan, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  20. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Woah are they your books? You really are the true ElvisFan! Cripes.

Sure, if you get good results after a few days I'll pick one I'd like, thanks a lot :)

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 9, 2005 IP