1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where do I need to improve?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by Googles76, Oct 9, 2004.

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie to adsense and being a webmaster for that fact. Less then a month ago I opened a weight training information web-site. During that time, I managed to get it in the top 5 google search results for the key words "weight training" and I'm the first for "weight training for sports". So now, according to my adsense account, I get on average 450 page impressions per day. My click through rate is around 7% and yet I earn something like less then $2 / day. Where do I need to improve on? Do I need more traffic, or does my web-site content just isn't made for high paying keywords? Should I start a new web-site with higher paying keywords or keep working on this one?

Any input is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Googles76, Oct 9, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A CTR of 7% is pretty good actually. Probably the only real way to make more money would be to get more traffic so more people see your ads.

digitalpoint, Oct 9, 2004 IP
  3. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    2 things - one is keep increasing traffic -

Second, is keep making pages - make a page every day to add to your site on related topics. This will get more and more pages indexed and showing in the serps - which will give you more traffic.

joeychgo, Oct 9, 2004 IP
  4. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback, I am debating if I should add a forum to my site, but after a bit of research I discovered that forums get a low CTR since it's mostly repeat visitors. Now I have to go brainstorm more topics which I can add.

5. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    a forum alone, yes. But a forum can give you steady traffic to your new pages you'll be creating.

joeychgo, Oct 9, 2004 IP
  6. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    I say create a Forum after you've got some more traffic.

caroline, Oct 9, 2004 IP
  7. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, I went ahead and added a forum to my site. Now I have a question. Where on the forums are you allowed to post google adsense script? Are you allowed to have the script as your signature or is that considered spaming?

Sorry for the noob questions :)

8. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What would happen if you have more than 3 occurence of the signature on the same page. That would be a violation for sure. And I think there might be more violations embedded in the signature AdSense idea.

But, I must say it is a creative idea :)

Ajeet, Oct 9, 2004 IP
  9. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I remember reading some where that it was against the TOS to have ads "appear" as the second post after someone makes a new thread. I realize this isn't a signature, but at the same time it comes close to automating your content. I'm sure there's a signature template that you can write an if condition for in order to do that.

Infiniterb, Oct 12, 2004 IP
  10. my44

my44 Peon

Best Answers:
    Deciphering your numbers:

450 impressions, 7% CTR = 32 clicks per day
    $2 per day income = $0.06 per click.

I'm suffering the same problem by the way. I don't think we can really control how much we earn per click. Some lucky ones can get $0.50-$1.00 per click. That's already $16 to $32 per day for you.

My best guess: You need to improve on your impressions. Then your cost-per-click will increase. That's what I notice from my friend's website. He get less clicks per day as but he earns double that me, mainly because his impression is like 1,000 to 2,000 per day.

my44, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  11. my44

my44 Peon

Best Answers:
    By the way, my website used to have 7% CTR as well. That's mainly because I only use one ads per page. Now I'm employing between 2 to 3 ads per day. It dilutes my CTR, but it gives more opportunity for people to view your ads.

my44, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  12. izhar_saifi

izhar_saifi Guest

Best Answers:
    sory unable to help you out...

izhar_saifi, May 10, 2007 IP
  13. designcode

designcode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    7% CTR is pretty good, get some targeted traffic for your website, If your page impressions raised to 5K, you will be earning decent amount.

Please also tell that what is the average cost per click?

Thanks.

designcode, May 11, 2007 IP