1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Always PSA on homepage - should I get worried?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by 1-script.com, May 9, 2007.

Hi All,

What do you guys think of this scenario: on one of my sites AdSense shows only PSAs on the homepage but shows rather nice relevant ads on all other pages (about 25 of them). Coincidentally, the PR toolbar is grey (entire site) as of recently. However, all pages, including the homepage, have very recent cache.

Anyone has any idea about what's with this homepage PSA business?

1-script.com, May 9, 2007 IP
  2. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    Add more content ?

How old is the site/page? Did you recently make any changes?

Fka200, May 9, 2007 IP
  3. 1-script.com

1-script.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

The site itself is 2 y.o. BUT I have recently (1 month ago or so) moved it to another domain. The original name of 2 years was rather silly and I got a better one. the 301 redirect was immediately in place and everythign went pretty smooth (it's a tiny site, after all). What ticked me off is that it was only homepage that had any problem - the rest looked just as it was with the old name. Oh, by the way, I must have picked the most unopportune time for the move - right begore the PR update - which killed the nice PR3 the site used to have. Still - why the greyed out PR toolbar? Was the new name I got on the aftermarket banned or something?

1-script.com, May 9, 2007 IP
  4. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dude,

I will tell you a few things which you should try. That will definately help in getting rid of PSA ads.

1) Find if your <H1>tag text is having irrelavant keyword. It happened to me once when i written something about "Killing" or "Terrorist", adsense freaked and served horrible ads. When i removed those words, it went back to normal within 1-2 days.

2) Use Section targetting: This post will help. https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=23168

Reps appreciated

godmode, May 9, 2007 IP
    1-script.com likes this.
  5. blacksocks

blacksocks Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this advice, I have been having trouble with PSAs on one of my sites, will give it a try straight away!

blacksocks, May 9, 2007 IP
  6. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    Try putting www in front of the domain if it's not there. That was a problem with one of my sites a couple of months ago.

Fka200, May 9, 2007 IP
  7. massiva

massiva Active Member

Best Answers:

I was having problems on one of my sites with 301 redirect. Now it redirects from 'www' to 'http://site'

Can you tell me could I lost some of my google indexing? For 3 weeks it seems everything is OK.

massiva, May 9, 2007 IP
  8. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have not done so, do install the Google Adsense Preview Tool. The reason why I said this is that it could give you a better indication of what ads get displayed on your side based on the country they are from.

I find that also by including too many sites in the Competitive Filter that it started showing PSA because there was not much other relevant ads to be shown on my site.

eddy2099, May 9, 2007 IP
  9. godmode

godmode Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Massiva, there is an option in google webmasters tool to set association as www. or http:// or don't set association.

The safest way is don't set any association. Choose it automatically.

godmode, May 10, 2007 IP