1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Challenge -> How would you promote this website?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by littlebobek, May 8, 2007.

Hi guys,

I really would appreciate any tips you might have. There are some basic information about the website.

Link:
    http://www.ourecohouse.info

Purpose of the website:
    To build an ecological house, support 40 other people in green living, show that ecological living does not hurt and if everybody does a bit the difference will be huge.

Things already achieved:
    £2,500 raised already, PR5 achieved for the homepage and PR4 for other main inner pages. Indexed in Google and other main search engines.

Main things still to achieve:
    Get more forum members (quite a lot of guests, but no members), get more donors and better results from the search engines. Increase visibility of the website, etc.

Thanks for your tips. I believe that here are many pros who will know how to do that.

Cheers

littlebobek, May 8, 2007 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I see treehugger all over Digg these days. See what articles make it and then do something similar.

There's lots of eco/green living blogs and sites. Contact them all, ping them back, comment on their sites etc. No spamming, just exposure.

Get a big name on board. Contact the people from that BBC show "It's not easy being green" and see if you can interview them and post it on your site.

T0PS3O, May 8, 2007 IP
  3. jgjg

jgjg Peon

Best Answers:
    I would make a YouTube channel and post a series of short videos about the different aspects of constructing an eco house

1. materials
    2. solar energy
    3. gardening
    etc...

I would watch that!

I'd say definitely video promotion would be way to go...you might want to send your story to reporters too because it is a hot topic.

jgjg, May 8, 2007 IP
    T0PS3O likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If you can come up with an interesting (and newsworthy) angle as to why your green approach is new and different, I think that it would be a good target for a PR campaign. Building up a relationship with a few key reporters/editors can be a wonderful boon to business. I would also consider establishing as many reciprocal links as possible from eco related sites. Maybe exchange banner ads, in fact.

jrbiz, May 8, 2007 IP
  5. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    How about you make a widget (with backlink) that displays a website's carbon footprint. Like a seal such as hackerproof offers, or those PR badges.

You must be able to come up with a 10 question survey which calculates a site's carbon score based on how old the hardware is, how many hours visitors spend etc.

T0PS3O, May 8, 2007 IP
  6. littlebobek

littlebobek Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting ideas guys. I'm learning a lot. Please, keep posting.

littlebobek, May 8, 2007 IP