1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

discussion of $7 sites

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by joelr710, May 7, 2007.

I am new to this forum (was told to join by some Warriors) and i wanted to say hello to everyone and see if i could kind of kick off a little discussion here.

The question I would like to ask is pretty simple:
    What does everyone think about the $7 phenomenon going around?

just about anything will do. likes, dislikes, problems with it, good result, strange experiences or advice to others. whatever! really it does seem like a pretty interesting topic since opinions of it seem to be all over.
    so what do you guys think?

thanks joel

joelr710, May 7, 2007 IP
  2. alemcherry

alemcherry Guest

Best Answers:
    What is this "$7 phenomenon" ??

alemcherry, May 7, 2007 IP
  3. joelr710

joelr710 Peon

Best Answers:
    ok so maybe i gave it a little to much respect. :) i mean the $7 dollar secrets $7 script $7 offer thing. these sites seem to be everywhere now. its like a little version of clickbank or paydotcom i called it a phenomenon jokingly but it does seem to have become very popular. even some of the gurus have these $7 offers going around. they are hitting the autoresponder lists more and more it seems.

joelr710, May 7, 2007 IP
  4. rahmat

rahmat Active Member

Best Answers:
    Although $7 is small, but if lot of people buying your product, then it will sum in huge amount of money.
    Well, maybe this need more study, like creating hype, so that many people would curious and buy your product.

rahmat, May 7, 2007 IP
  5. Mibs

Mibs Member

Best Answers:
    the $7 phenomenon is just an extension of the $6 bonanza.

Mibs, May 7, 2007 IP
    Zerohero likes this.
  6. eWebCreator

eWebCreator Guest

Best Answers:
    I have purchased a few $7 reports / packages and I haven't been disapointed yet. They usually are shorter reports, around 30 pages most of the time. However the information is direct with no filler text.

Of course, there will be garbage reports out there, but so far they have impressed me.

eWebCreator, May 7, 2007 IP
  7. joelr710

joelr710 Peon

Best Answers:
    mibs "$6 bonanza" very nice! never heard of that.
    yeah i have actually picked up a couple to. i have to agree that there will be just plain crapy ones out there but so far so good.
    im actually liking the reports because im not at all a fan of 150 page clickbank books that have about 3 useful sentences in them.

Is anyone having any luck with marketing these things? how about setting up the scripts and everything?
    anyone with bad experiences?

joelr710, May 7, 2007 IP
  8. Dakuipje

Dakuipje Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you post some links ?
    I still havent got a clue what $7 phenomenon is :S

Dakuipje, May 7, 2007 IP
  9. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    I know there was a $7 offer on my signature link before..

I would be careful with these deals as they may be scams.

8everything, May 7, 2007 IP
  10. ryquest

ryquest Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a number of 7 dollar offers of my own and they do quite well. The main thing with them is to offer the best product you can at that price point and over deliver. In addition to that, it works great for building an opt in list of verified purchasers that isn't simply a freebie seeker list.

The scripts themselves are quite easy to set up and I haven't had a single problem with them yet.

ryquest, May 7, 2007 IP
  11. chant

chant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    At $7 there can't be too much value to it. Are we talking about ebooks or actualy physical products being delivered?

chant, May 7, 2007 IP
  12. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its just old rewritten ebooks right ?

login, May 7, 2007 IP
  13. DharmaSeo

DharmaSeo Peon

Best Answers:
    lol i never heard of this 7$ phenomenom, and u acting like its so big

DharmaSeo, May 7, 2007 IP
  14. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If it is big it would have talked about here at DP.

login, May 7, 2007 IP
  15. jiminic2

jiminic2 Peon

Best Answers:
    It started with Jon Leger and is being promoted by a report by Alok Jain. The idea is to use your signature to promote the $7 books. Mine is an example of one that gets you a book with scripts, etc. The reason it may not be as popular on this site is that you need 10 posts and 7 days before digitalpoint gives you a signature. Maybe some don't want to wait that long. Try the link below for more info. It's only $7.

jiminic2, May 7, 2007 IP
  16. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    I have $7...where do I sign up :p

timsdd, May 7, 2007 IP
  17. minute

minute Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think this is all that revolutionary. I'm probably just hyping it up by even writing in this thread.

minute, May 7, 2007 IP
  18. akula

akula Peon

Best Answers:
    DAMN!

I wish I heard of this earlier.....I already went with the 8.25 phenomenon!!!!!!

CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!!!

akula, May 7, 2007 IP
    Briant likes this.
  19. shezz

shezz Peon

Best Answers:
    $7 secrets is a script that is used to sell products usually for $7. They are not rewritten old ebooks most are new ebooks and some are software. There can be some crappy ones out there, I have bought one that I wasn't too impressed with, but most are quite good.

People are just using the angle that $7 is more affordable than a lot of ebooks out there so get more sales and at the same time building your list as you have people opt in before they download.

It did take off in a huge way after Jon Leger brought out his book $7secrets and now there are a ton of $7 books out there. He actually has a site now called $7offers where the people that have $7 books can add them to his site, so he has stacks of them on there.

You can promote other peoples $7 books too by using the link with your paypal at the end

e.g. http://www.7dollarsecrets.com/?e=yourpaypalemail

you just replace the 'yourpaypalemail' with your paypal email address and you will earn 100% commission on sales, you can do that with any of the products sold using the $7 script.

It is a very good way to build your list, I have a few 7 products and have other people promoting them, they keep the profits and I build my list - plus share in the profits of the OTO's

shezz, May 8, 2007 IP
  20. ianternet

ianternet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have gotten into the 7$ phase and I like it a lot - it seems more rather buy a product that is 7 than a product that is 97 - and if not I grow my list - it slike winning both ways

I have created a great site integrating 7$ reports and ebooks with an affilaite system aswell

you can view it here: http://www.theianternet.com

its not just like a mall - its more like a information collections - since there are articles on the site which is always being added in so there is traffic to this site

ianternet, May 8, 2007 IP