1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Give up trying to get Google to index my site

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by nks, Apr 28, 2007.

One of my sites, though not professional, was previously being indexed by Google. After a period of time, they started disappearing from the search engines. Now, it is completely gone from major search engines, e.g. Google, Yahoo, MSN.

Well, must be something wrong. I tried re-submitting to sitemap, and Google even refused to recognise the site. I requested for support, still to no avail (no replies). Okay, just to rant about it here, that I am giving up trying to index this site.

The thing is, I want to know what's the reason for it being removed from the index. Anyway, giving up!

nks, Apr 28, 2007 IP
    rcj662 likes this.
  2. yogesh sarkar

yogesh sarkar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just went through your blog, sorry if I come out harsh but there isnt any theme to it. Are you scraping content and posts from other blogs and sites?

yogesh sarkar, Apr 28, 2007 IP
  3. nks

nks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No theme? That's strange...
    If you're referring to copyright, no I don't. And even if I do find something from other blog or sites, I point the links to their sites mainly.

However, I do know there is this possibility, as I previously have this site, and then I decided to change domain name, because that is fixed to the hosting server, and recently decides to introduce pop-ups and ads (which is quite annoying).

That site was indexed pretty well, and that Google might see my current site as a "clone" of that original site. I did submit a request to Google, asking them to take a look and remove the old site from the index, but they haven't reply to me.

nks, Apr 28, 2007 IP
  4. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    Go work on a new site and forget about it. Check it in 3 months or more and than see. I had one i checked every hour left it checked it 3 weeks later. Nothing had changed... Checked it a few days ago which is like 3+ months and it's listed. Don't burn yourself out over it.

Dubz, Apr 28, 2007 IP
    nks likes this.
  5. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    The duplicate content sounds like one problem. Can you take old site down.

rcj662, Apr 28, 2007 IP
    nks likes this.
  6. nks

nks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, I do have a couple of other sites running fine. This site which I am referring to, is my junkyard, a place for me to do my ranting and writing "garbage" sometime. So, there is no problem for new sites to be indexed. I am only wondering about this old site, maybe i should just forget it?

I certainly have no problem taking down the old site. But before I do that, I'd probably like to know from Google, if that's the reason for causing this problem.

nks, Apr 28, 2007 IP
  7. yogesh sarkar

Best Answers:
    By no theme I meant there wasn’t any thing particular you were bloging about, it just looks like you post any thing and every thing you come across.
    This is the problem; you should have done a 301 redirect from the old domain to the new for at least couple of months to ensure google knew that it wasn’t duplicate content.

yogesh sarkar, Apr 28, 2007 IP
    nks likes this.
  8. nks

nks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ingenious! I should have thought of that :)

Cheers, mate. I will go and redirect those traffic over. But then, the problem with that hosting server is that, they don't allow .htaccess, which is kind of a problem. I can't do a proper 301 redirect..... or is there a WP plugin that does redirects for every single post?

nks, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  9. JPRuss

JPRuss Peon

Best Answers:
    I once got a message from google sitemaps that it last indexed my site in May 1969, I saved an image of it, not sure where I put it now, but I thought it was funny.

Sorry you are having trouble with Big G, some things will just always be secrets I guess.

JPRuss, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  10. nks

nks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm... Google might have recently invented some space-time travel machine that allows them to travel back in time....

EDIT: Anyway, what I have done now is perform a 301 PHP Redirect to the new site. Hopefully, the search engine will pick up the redirect signal and start indexing the new site....

nks, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  11. yogesh sarkar

Best Answers:
    Ah good to see you have implemented that, now you will not only get the old traffic but google will also realize that it isn’t duplicate content.

yogesh sarkar, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  12. nks

nks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I am not 100% confident that the indexing will return, but it's worth a try, nonetheless....

nks, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  13. nks

nks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tried.... so far for the past few weeks.... the indexing has not returned. This is really demoralising.

nks, May 7, 2007 IP
  14. obenix

obenix Eats an apple a day......

Best Answers:
    Recently, one of my clients experienced the same problem as you.
    No matter what she did, Google would not index her site. After 4 months of trying, she gave up and spoke to me.
    I was equally puzzled but managed to get her site indexed within 2 weeks of doing the following:
    1. Change the wordpress theme to use the default theme
    2. Generate sitemap and submit to Google Sitemap

Keep trying. Don't give up. :)

obenix, May 7, 2007 IP
    nks likes this.
  15. gustic

gustic Peon

Best Answers:
    you can use the plugins like UTW, seo tittle tag, google sitemap

gustic, May 11, 2007 IP
    nks likes this.
  16. nks

nks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really? Does changing the theme to default theme work? As for the second option, I already have a sitemap generator, but Google refused to accept my Sitemap submission (does that mean something?).

I have Google SiteMap plugin... so, what I may do is try UTW and SEO title tag. Hope that may help....

nks, May 20, 2007 IP
  17. mehulcool

mehulcool Peon

Best Answers:
    This tool is amazing really helps out !

mehulcool, May 20, 2007 IP
  18. obenix

obenix Eats an apple a day......

Best Answers:
    In my experience, yes, changing the theme worked.
    What error message are you getting from Google's refusal?

obenix, May 20, 2007 IP
  19. nks

nks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It simply says domain name not found (see image).

Attached Files:

nks, May 22, 2007 IP