1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting my first blog - Ideas Needed!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by andrej, May 7, 2007.

I'm going to start my first own blog in hope of earning some AdSense revenue with it and help to build PR and backlinks for my other sites.

I just have no idea what shall I write about. I need your advice guys. I know, I shall probably write about something that I'm interested in and familiar with. That would be cars and domain names, I would say. However, I'd like a really good niche. I need something that would get well indexed in search engines and many many people would read it. Also, something with top paying AdSense keywords would be great. Any ideas?

Rep+ will be added for every good advice given :)

andrej, May 7, 2007 IP
  2. KC TAN

KC TAN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense does not perform that well in blogs unless you have a high traffic.. Nevertheless, once you get it started, you can utilize other revenue generating channels :)

To start off, choose a niche in cars or domains and pick a good keyword to target for search engine traffic. A good keyword in one was searched multiple times per month. Use Google trends, overture tool and free wordtracker for this task :)

Good Luck!

KC TAN, May 7, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  3. Weizheng

Weizheng Peon

Best Answers:
    Weizheng, May 7, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  4. Dubz

Dubz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hilarious. That thing should be dug!

Regarding a blog: Write about something you are passionate about as others are as well. Don't look for big ticket niches as they have TONES of competition with people who ar emore experienced from you. Think what youlove go into tha tniche. A small niche with 100 searches a day and you on first page getting 5-20 clicks a day is ALOT better than MASSIVE one with 50,000 searches a day and you on page 20 getting 0 clicks a day.

Dubz, May 7, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  5. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you start with money in mind you will not succide

Make something in a domain you know about or like / and SEO is the key

w3bmaster, May 7, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  6. manchesterguy

manchesterguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes. you must start with a passion...u must generate original content about a particular niche in which you are really really good! you'll have to put in lots of hours into building your content, so make sure you love every minute of it because you'll have to sustain your effort for years.

manchesterguy, May 7, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  7. guy123

guy123 Guest

Best Answers:
    finance, mba/education, and gambling are all good niches for money related blogs..if you don't know anything about those topics, do something else instead.
    just make sure you know what you're talking about and that you like your topic or else you'll be done in a month or two

guy123, May 7, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  8. Moldy

Moldy Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree, you have to be passionate about the subject to keep your audience interested and comming back for more. Anybody can write, but not anybody can write something great if they are not passionate about it.

Moldy, May 7, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  9. chant

chant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Find a niche about cars that isn't talked about much on blogs. Lots of people seem to write about what the new cars models are like but what about comparing different brands of cars and their fuel economies in a simple easy to understand manner for the average person?

chant, May 8, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  10. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you guys for all your suggestions (rep+ added). The blog I'm probably going to launch will be an automated blog, so I just need to choose a good subject, but I think I already have it. :)

andrej, May 8, 2007 IP
  11. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    trichnosis, May 8, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  12. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Those are good resources.

andrej, May 9, 2007 IP