1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Want higher Adsense CTR? Advertise with Adwords

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Zedzero, Sep 4, 2005.

Yesterday i started a new campaign with adwords. and today my ctr increased by four times. (can we post ctr details according to tos?). It isn't too high, but at least i have seen the potential.

This is the difference of targeted quality trafiic i guess.

Zedzero, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  2. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Surely you're losing money.........

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  3. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    1. It makes since having more traffic to the website resulting in a higher click tru rate. I wouldn't do it myself, however if you see investing Adwords to get traffic into a website that uses Adsense resulting in more PROFIT then why not do so.

2. A adwords campaign doesn't increase clicks its really the traffic. My theory is the people that got to your website via adwords on google probably got used to the AD format results and are looking for more info in adsense (since it looks alike in google) thinking its a path or so for more info.

INV, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  4. Zedzero

Zedzero Peon

Best Answers:
    my campaign is running at 0.03 / click, $1 / day. And this is quality, targeted traffic. It's worth it.

Zedzero, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  5. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Quality and targeted traffic isn't worth diddly if you're losing money.

For 100 clicks it costs you $3.00

Out of 100 clicks through Adwords, how much are you making in profit? Assuming a CTR of 15% that would be 15 clicks which would have to be worth $0.20 each just to break even on your $3.00.

What's your stats?

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  6. Zedzero

Zedzero Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't have that many clicks at the moment, but if it continues like this, my revenue surely will also increase by at least x2.

I mean, these are not visitors coming from another site saying "lets have a look at that site", or untargetted (in fact tricked) visitors. Those visitors searched for the service i'm offering, and they will add my site to bookmarks if they're happy.

This is really quality traffic.

Zedzero, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  7. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    I S I T W O R T H I T ?

It's all well and good increasing traffic and CTR with AdWords, but is it making or losing you money?

Do you even know yourself?

Do you want to know?

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 4, 2005 IP
    seckin likes this.
  8. Zedzero

Zedzero Peon

Best Answers:
    what is that attitude? i'm sharing my experience here, not promoting some unknown service etc.

yes, i think it's worth it.
    yes, i'm earning money in the long run, but it's too early too say "i'm earning" yet.

Zedzero, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  9. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to spend money to make money.

exaro, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  10. Swordfish

Swordfish Active Member

Best Answers:
    $.03 clicks.. I thought adwords minimum bid is $.10

I've done the "In with Adwords", "Out with Adsense" on a few different keywords...

Depends on the market I guess, but I've seen MANY publishers doing this...

Good luck to you...

Swordfish, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  11. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:

Honestly! Have some respect for others. We are all here to share and learn you dont need to try and act superior, no one is buying it.

INV, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  12. iconrate

iconrate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's conceivable that someone could target a specific relevant keyword, for instance "free hosting" in adwords while having a site with just "hosting" ads which cost a fair bit more and make a decent profit.
    Theres quite a few ebooks and dvds on the subject so it's nothing new but it does work. :)

iconrate, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  13. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Eh? I asked some valid questions about how it was performing profit wise and I just got responses of 'It's worth it, it's quality traffic' without any references to statistics or even why it was 'worth it'.. who'se acting superior, pillock? I was asking questions on wether it was VIABLE for him and how it was working out.

The title of the thread is 'Want higher Adsense CTR? Advertise with Adwords' - I may of tested this if the poster had given me valid reason, but he didn't. Aren't you following properly? If someone tells me to do something and claim it's worth it, I want to know why so I can maybe go about doing it myself. OK? Show me why it's worth it, you don't just say 'It's quality targetted traffic' - show me the damn proof and I won't get a little hissy. Are you with me?

It sounds like you're just feeling inferior, in which case I'd recommend teaching pre-school children maths. *shrugs*

Pete

GADOOD, Sep 4, 2005 IP
    Dekker and blinxdk like this.
  14. Zedzero

Zedzero Peon

Best Answers:
    back to topic: ctr is still increasing. i easily earned what i spent on adwords now.

Zedzero, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  15. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I am curious about using AdWords competitors to bring in traffic, in order to make money with AdSense.

AdWords is significantly more expensive than the competition, so perhaps a profit could be made on the spread.

What do you think?

Will.Spencer, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  16. elkiwi

elkiwi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I tried it on a new site with no traffic and did almost exactly same as above. My results for the first month of adsense /adwords were:

adwords: 45.35 USD
    adsense: 50.00 USD

I think your subject is going to affect what kind of numbers come out but for me I don't mind because I'm getting people to my site and newsletter sign ups etc.

elkiwi, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  17. LeeD

LeeD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One more thought I had when reading through this...:)

If you begin to advertise your own site with your own keywords with Adwords, wouldn't your competitive presence maybe cause other advertisers bidding on your keywords to bid more, especially if you were bidding competitively? Would this not aid in making more money?

Just a thought...*crawls back in to the cave*

LeeD, Sep 5, 2005 IP
  18. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Except then it will cost you more to use AdWords ;)

Profit margins are VERY slim when using this method and there is a potential for a loss. Godaad actually isn't that far off to be asking the questions he is asking.

If you don't care about profit, then maybe it can be viewed as an attack but for those of us who do, it was a fair question.

I have never found a niche where this works well enough to be worth your time.

yfs1, Sep 5, 2005 IP
  19. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Read the TOS.

Unless your pages trigger high paying words which are relevant to cheap AdWords phrases, it's like buying money 1:1.

I know a fair few phrases that are expensive in AW, so get probably decent AS clicks. Subsets of those are cheap so that system could indeed work. But there's still plenty of opportunity for the traffic to bail out via other means than the AS ads so in principle, it's like carrying water to the see.

T0PS3O, Sep 5, 2005 IP
  20. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    The only thing I ever did when I tried to make adsense earnings rise with adwords, was lose money

bluegill_catcher, Sep 5, 2005 IP
    INV likes this.