1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using keywords in anchor text

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by zee, May 2, 2007.

Hello everyone!

I have a simple question. Should there be multiple keywords (the ones that you are targetting) in my anchor text? Or should there be only one keyword?

Example:

Keyword A
    and
    Keyword A, keyword B, keyword C

I am confused because I see people writing multiple keywords in one anchor text like:

Laptops | Computer Hardware | Mobile Devices | PDA

What's the best practice when it comes to anchor text?

Thanks y'all!
    Z

zee, May 2, 2007 IP
  2. Janna122003

Janna122003 Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm interested with the answer in multiple keywords in anchor. Because I'm just using different variations of keywords as anchor text.

Janna122003, May 4, 2007 IP
  3. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    Seriously!? Where are all the optimizers? :D Wake up you guys! :)

zee, May 5, 2007 IP
  4. grg

grg Guest

Best Answers:
    Ok, there are different techniques - the best is if you get different anchors from different sites. I'm not sure if this example which you showing above has a really good influence for the results.

grg, May 5, 2007 IP
    zee likes this.
  5. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    Oh thank god somebody answered. I have been dieing to have someone's opinion on this (green reps for you).

Yup, that's what I thought. How can google rank your site based on anchor text containing different keywords. You just confirmed it. I have been building links based on one keyword/link from different site. I guess I am safe then and all the hard work has not gone down the drain! :D

zee, May 6, 2007 IP
  6. emmaonline

emmaonline Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use this approach... go after one keyphrase at a time

Never use this... The anchor text should only read exactly the way the word or phrase is you want to optimize for...

For example if you want to rank well for the keyphrase "used cars" you would use the anchor text used cars and NOT Mikes used car garage shop

emmaonline, May 6, 2007 IP
    zee likes this.
  7. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    That really helps! Thanks a lot! Green reps for you for explaining so well :)

zee, May 16, 2007 IP
  8. guia

guia Banned

Best Answers:
    You can used multiple keywords in your site much like this Keyword A, keyword B, keyword C. You can used any variation of keywords or keyword phrases.

guia, May 16, 2007 IP
  9. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Here are some tips for making anchor texts for your site links:

1. Dont make the anchor texts too long (dont try to cover ALL the keywords in the same anchor text, like you've shown above Keyword A, Keyword B, Keyword C etc.)

2. If you have several landing pages, decide the Keywords for each of them and use them in a short sensible anchor text for that page.

3. In case you have only one main page targetting most of your keywords, then always have 4 or 5 or more different variations of your anchor texts.

This way, you will have a simple and sensible anchor text, not a long rambling keyword stuffed phrase.

rosiee007, May 16, 2007 IP