1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to establish a 'Fake PR' and 'Real PR'

Discussion in 'Google' started by Mong, Apr 28, 2007.

1. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, Mong, you're missing my point. You don't need the PR to spread to more DC's. Right now, if a DC shows PR0, it shows the correct site. Later on, if it shows the fake PR8, it will show the wrong site.

The two things are directly connected to each other. When a DC shows the Fake PR, then it shows the wrong site at the same time. It's not a coincidence, Mong, you're looking at the same data in 2 different ways.

The fake PR is because of the wrong site. It is that wrong site's PR that you are actually looking at. So, first you query the DC to see what the PR is, then you query it again to see where it comes from.

-Michael

mvandemar, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  2. Paz

Paz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use the info command in Google (hats off to NetMidWest). That will show the the site that had it's PR hijacked until the next PR update eg here ;

You might have to be quick though because there's a PR update going on. If you don't see tulips4rose.com there, let me know because I've made a gif.

Cheers,
    Paz.

Paz, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  3. khasmoth

khasmoth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looking forward on this tool Mong. You may contact SEOlogs coder to help you out on this project. ;)

khasmoth, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  4. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Now, i am more clear about the safe idea.

But it seems that integrating this feature this way {checking each IP} with digpagerank will increase load on tool absolutely double which seems not feasible.

But users are most likely interested to know about whether its forged or real PR without caring about on which IP its forged. I think most feasible option right now is to handpick IPs time to time which are updated and check those IPs for testing PR reality.

Now there comes another issue suppose there is a site with previously forged PR of 7 but newly updated real pr is 6.
    Now if user is checking its PR on some block of IPs which which are not updated that is PR7 .... but when it will check from update IPs it will give green signal that everything is OK ... but actually PR7 is not OK. Its forged, Real PR is 6.

I am close to the solution ;)

Mong, Apr 29, 2007 IP
    commandos likes this.
  5. commandos

commandos Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can add an option button that say (Check if this pr is real) , like this only interested people would check .

But if i was testing my site , i wouldnt check for the real or fake , since i know its 100% real :p

commandos, Apr 29, 2007 IP
    Mong likes this.
  6. Paz

Paz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL.. I thought I'd given you the solution; check to see if the domain listed under the info: operator is the right one. Don't you see that tuplips4rose.com has been hijacked by smilies-gifs?

[​IMG]

Paz, Apr 29, 2007 IP
    Mong likes this.
  7. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You seem to be not following the whole conversation paz. He knew that much from the start. That's not what he is asking at all.

-Michael

mvandemar, Apr 29, 2007 IP
    commandos likes this.
  8. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck Mong, I like your tool it was the only one that was taking all the pressure and still running during the update :D

BigBadWolf, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  9. EGLOBALMOGULS

EGLOBALMOGULS Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mong my computer crashed about two weeks ago. Can you pm me the link you had for that nice Seo link counter you put toghether. Thanks!

EGLOBALMOGULS, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  10. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    btw i have noticed one more scenario when info:domain.com results in muliple results. first results shows original url while other results show different mulitple sites urls.

now what opinion should be established ?

Mong, May 4, 2007 IP
  11. xenyo

xenyo Peon

Best Answers:
    Usually, I use the tools that shall not be mentioned :p and then check on top yahoo links sites for the PR values if I need to be extra sure.

I presume you are trying to do a checker which would be great as your tools are always top notch. You may know already that I've tried myself and would be interested to see your version.

There are things that can be improved on ours but sadly I don't have time at the moment. Anyways, I'll check back on this thread to see if i can be of any help.

xenyo, May 4, 2007 IP
  12. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Pretty sure you must be putting a space after the colon when you see that. The domain name has to come immediately after the colon, no spaces allowed. Same with the other operators (site: link: info: related: etc.). Putting in a space gives you something different.

-Michael

mvandemar, May 4, 2007 IP
    Mong likes this.
  13. Janna122003

Janna122003 Banned

Best Answers:
    But I think don't just really on backlinks. I believe that there's other elements that can affect your PR. Even a site has 1 backlinks it can have PR3.

Janna122003, May 5, 2007 IP
  14. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Can you code out what checkpagerank.net and seologs.com fake PR checker uses ? Are they not reliable according to you ?

MeetHere, May 5, 2007 IP
  15. nate@infinfx

nate@infinfx Peon

Best Answers:
    The other thing to keep in mind is that some PR's are only for the index file and others are for the directory.

nate@infinfx, May 5, 2007 IP
  16. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's because you don't understand it.

Aside from the fact that it pages that have PR, and not sites, that is correct. All it takes is one PRn link to get a PRn-1 sometimes. Hell, sometimes 1PRn link will get you another (although weaker) PRn page.

-Michael

mvandemar, May 5, 2007 IP
  17. JJnacy

JJnacy Peon

Best Answers:
    Why think hijacking? or are they both sites working together?
    So which one has fake PR? or both of them all have fake PR?

???

JJnacy, May 5, 2007 IP
    Link.ezer.com likes this.
  18. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Thanks to all specially Michael ;)

New Feature Added in digpagerank .. hopefully you'll like it. :)

Mong, May 6, 2007 IP
  19. Link.ezer.com

Link.ezer.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Good point. It is possible two sites might be partners.

Link.ezer.com, May 7, 2007 IP
  20. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The phrase "hijacked PageRank" is referring to the behavior of the pages themselves, in the way one page assumes another pages PageRank... it has nothing to do with what the intent of the site owner behind it is (although usually it is done on purpose to sell links off of pages with falsely inflated PR). Even if you own both sites, it is still "hijacked" PageRank.

-Michael

mvandemar, May 7, 2007 IP