1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestions for clickbank marketing

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by eric8476, May 4, 2007.

Hey Everybody,

I just started out with affilaiate marketing and clickbank hoplinks and created a blog loaded with clickbank ads. I'm doing the whole adwords thing but haven't had many sales for the past two weeks. I was wondering about strategies on getting sales on my hoplinks. Thank you for the help.

Eric

eric8476, May 4, 2007 IP
  2. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I think we may be able to help you, but we need a bit more information - things such as:

- How broad vs. long tail/exact are your PPC search terms?
    - How are you going about promoting the product?
    - Are you using any images or just text?
    - Are you tracking outbound visitors via your links?
    - Are the products you're selling 100% highly relevant to your target audience?
    - Is your presell copy good enough to cause someone to actually want to click on the link?
    - Are your ads' copy quality?

etc etc :) There's so much that goes into making sales correctly, but once you know what works and what doesn't, it all comes together.

-T

Telmari, May 4, 2007 IP
  3. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Im using two methods, a blog with links and the hoplinks masked, both with adwords. I have both text and banner/tower ads and I am using forums, adwords and safelists. Tracking, do you mean with a tracking ID on clickbank for outbound visitors? I'm also selling surveys, typing, web sites to make money stuff and Health, nutrition stuff...do you any recommendations for targeted audiences via the methods i am using and maybe even others?

eric8476, May 4, 2007 IP
  4. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, a lot going on.

First off, I'm assuming your things are on different sites or blogs or whatnot (aka, you don't have 'make money' products listed on the same pages as health and nutrition stuff).

Next, it sounds like you have a lot going on but not a lot of way to track what works and what doesn't. If you start making a lot of sales, it sounds like you'd really be a bit unable to determine what is making you sales and what isn't. This corresponds to tracking - tracking both your outbound links to find out if visitors are even clicking to the sales page, and then tracking your sales to find out precisely which page or site your sale came from (Clickbank TID's).

The former, outbound link tracking, is something you can install a script for or utilize the services of a 3rd party site. Basically, you just want a way to determine if your landing/presell page is good or if it needs work.

Nextly, it sounds like you're going a lot of routes to get your traffic - definitely a great way to go when you know you have something that converts!

However, if you're putting a lot of money into getting traffic without knowing if your presell page/blog is good, you're pouring water into a bucket with holes. As Travis at Bum Marketing would say, patch the bucket, then fill it with water. Essentially, before you send lots of traffic to your page, make sure it works with a little (preferably cheap/free/easy) traffic.

Also comes the adage, "Don't spread yourself too thin" - meaning that while eventually it will be profitable to have your hand in a variety of industries, until you're pretty sure how to successful set up a campaign/industry point of sale from start to finish, try concentrating really hard on just one product/industry, figure out the process, make it work, grow it... and THEN rinse & repeat. Not only will you save yourself time and money, but you'll learn more as well. It's harder but well worth it.

Finally, targeting audiences is simple! Go where the fish are and fish! Do people congregate in forums? Introduce yourself there, answer a question here or there, and put the link to your related site in your signature (hint: I do as I say on this one ;)).

Does your audience use search engines to explore their problem or need? Probably. What keywords are they most likely to type in, specifically. And when I say specifically, I don't mean "make money online"... but rather something much more specific like "Is Day Job Killer a scam" or "How to make money with Google Adwords". Target these sorts of very long phrases, and many of them, rather than simple phrases, and you'll make money in a hurry.

I think that's about all I have for now, it's kind of the whole thing in a nutshell, but definitely worth getting right if you want to succeed in this worth-succeeding-in industry :)

-T

Telmari, May 4, 2007 IP
    dlm likes this.
  5. wwwbug

wwwbug Peon

Best Answers:
    research the nick before you promote the products related to it ,who succeed in the affiliate market always do the research before they beginning the ppc campaign .It is the first and the only thing i want to tell you.Good luck!

wwwbug, May 5, 2007 IP
  6. downloadsonline.org

downloadsonline.org Active Member

Best Answers:
    hello eric8476,
    your success depends on
    the products you are promoting,
    keywords you are using in adwords,
    information on your blog and its attractiveness etc..

if you send targeted visitors and if you can provide good information to them, you can make sales.

downloadsonline.org, May 5, 2007 IP
  7. ibah13

ibah13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    A great thing I learned is that you must just focus a website on one product. say you are promoting a lose weight product and using pay per click ads with adwords. You need to include the keywords in the title of the ad and then again in the description. Then your landing webpage must focus on those keywords. The more relevant your landing page the better your ads will do.

ibah13, May 6, 2007 IP
  8. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is true, it leads to two types of websites, 1) the "storefront" site where you get all the things you need from that one site and 2)the direct sale site where the site leads to just one product. 1) provides many ways to promote and gather traffic based on the many products that attract customers and many revenue sources from one site. 2) focuses on the one product and the sites contents, promotions, and traffic all lead to selling that one product.

eric8476, May 7, 2007 IP
  9. coby

coby Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice topic.
    I registered in clickbank two days ago...
    Can you tell me how can i mask the hoplink urls?
    Thanks

coby, May 7, 2007 IP
  10. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are some paid programs like "powerlinkgenerator" and a free one called "tinyurl". if you need ad help you can go to moneysystems4u.blogspot.com or typeathomeopportunity.blogspot.com

eric8476, May 7, 2007 IP
  11. tippie

tippie Peon

Best Answers:
    The Choice of your products
    Do some research on the popularity of a product,how much the market needs and also niches that are hardly promoted always work well,seasonal promotions like promoting sattellite tv when the nba play-offs are played also work very well.

Also target your visitors,don't make an ad on adwords that promotes acne and afterwards it goes to a dog obedience ebook,i think you know what i mean.Also try the keywords that you think will get you the most sales.

Try to track your visitors and get inside them,try to read their minds,try to get to know exactly what they think and they will buy from you.

tippie, May 7, 2007 IP
  12. coby

coby Peon

Best Answers:
    coby, May 7, 2007 IP
  13. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    When deciding how to get your products sold you can use a "broad search approach" which is mainly attracting volume and with the expectations of getting conversions from a least some of your consumers. "specific search approach" is where the targeted consumers give you high amounts of conversions, but are few in number. Check the two blogspot.com sites from the quote above. You can see how each site approaches promoting their products and how they contrast.

eric8476, May 7, 2007 IP
  14. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks coby and everyone. Things are going ok. Both big site and targeted site are going ok. If anyone has ideas on getting traffic by a one time payment or for free please feel free to share (don't forget the rules of this forum :)).

eric8476, May 11, 2007 IP