1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

php SEO friendly details pages

Discussion in 'Directories' started by enQuira, May 2, 2007.

1. Richie_Ni

Richie_Ni Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    mhamdi,I think the code should be {$link.TITLE|escape|trim|strtolower|replace:' ':'-'} ?
    But in your blog post,it's
    {$smarty.const.DOC_ROOT}/{$link.CATEGORY_URL|escape|trim}
    {$link.TITLE|escape|trim|strtolowerto |replace:' ':'-'}-link-{$link.ID}.html

Richie_Ni, May 3, 2007 IP
    agnivo007 and LaCabra like this.
  2. enQuira

enQuira Peon

Best Answers:
    yes Richie, thanks, that was a copy/paste typo.
    corrected.

enQuira, May 3, 2007 IP
  3. Grokodile

Grokodile Peon

Best Answers:
    Software is a tricky game...

You know that ANY good idea that you publish in source code can be emulated by others if they have a bit of programming skill.

Not trying to weigh in on who is "right" or "wrong", but as a programmer by trade I have seen my share of good ideas developed through hard work only to be copied once the hard work of developing something "new" was done.

Grokodile, May 3, 2007 IP
  4. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    all i got to say that it is a nice mod, but still once again i would mention even though there was no trademark, just for the code of honor we should stay away from the product.

just like someone saying i want a design exactly like (so and so directory) Just change the logo to mine ... and the other person went ahead and designed it exactly the same ... would it be nice ???

Will you call it a rip off ?? NO because it was done by you and you have everything and you have different codes ... but was it the right thing to do ??? the answer varies based on different personalities.

I just think we should not go and reinvent a wheel over and over, but what we should do is instead of making a same wooden wheel again ... what we can do is invent a steal one and so on and so forth...

come up with something unique why not just /Genuine_Paid_Directory.html

why link345 ???

you see what i am saying ... no one did that before ... do that ...because all you are doing is copying what an0n have on dump ...

Not saying exactly ripping code from code ... but copying the concept ...

Thats alll ....

**Lets see how many red i get this time** I try to stay out of these type of threads, but sometime i just feel that i should put my opinion but in the result all i get is red rep. (If you dont like what i said and i offend you) Report it to the moderator and see whether they agree with you, and if they do ... i will either get an infarction or red rep....

Don't waste your points .... and if you do (kindly put your username) and not be a coward..

i am done :)

all to all ... nice job for the free mod ... i am sure alot of people will use it :)

smub, May 3, 2007 IP
    Fastian likes this.
  5. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dont be mad I got 5 red reps, dont mind them, not a single person left a name.

SasaVtec, May 3, 2007 IP
  6. aspidov

aspidov Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So ok, I see where you are going with this. So lets say DP is a ripoff of SitePoint because they are both powered by Vbulletin. whaaaat?

I dont understand what kind of code honor you are talking about.

aspidov, May 3, 2007 IP
    jmort732 likes this.
  7. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i think you are misunderstanding ... DP and Sitepoint are not a rip off because they are powered by vbulletin ... (Just to clarify)

my point is ...

we all know that Rob have this mod on dump and custom install it upon request ....

so what mhamdi should do is do something unique with his mod creation instead of just doing what rob have [in a bit different codes] but the same idea...

u see it is to say someone just come and say i want a design like www.idk.in ... like a exact copy of idk.in ... u kno what i am saying ... like exact to copy ... just designed by someone else and say the other directory's name ......

Samething ... different designer ... a bit different codes ...

thats all whats going on here .. we are reinventing the same stuff

instead of making the same thing as we alrdy have by rob ... he should make some thing different like

have the link-6789.html removed from the url ...

that would make this mod unique instead of just another copy ... u kno ...

hope i clarified

smub, May 3, 2007 IP
  8. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok and I I'm friggin tired of this Sh*t. All known buying directory owners have agreed not to buy links from rippers now you know since there will be code to distinguish the genuine and rip off. No sir.

And we promote the templates and works of smub, sasavtec.

Red Rep Please.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

popotalk, May 3, 2007 IP
  9. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Will you provide some evidence that this is indeed a rip, lay it out for all to see that the person you claim did came up with this code/idea.

I and i'm sure a lot of people would like some evidence that the person you hired did came up with this codes/idea and other codes that you and some people are using.

wwws, May 3, 2007 IP
  10. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So you too Jesse ? You wanna play games too ? Just let us know publicly if you want to play games ? Theres 2 part of a coin publicly you can choose what side your on right now. No games. Just choose. ;)

popotalk, May 3, 2007 IP
  11. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You have no evidence to lay out your claim!

wwws, May 3, 2007 IP
  12. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good Luck to you then.

popotalk, May 3, 2007 IP
  13. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck to you my friend. But you still have no evidence.

wwws, May 3, 2007 IP
  14. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You need the luck more than me as I do this for fun and not my main income. :)

popotalk, May 3, 2007 IP
  15. ! Ask !

! Ask ! Peon

Best Answers:
    ! Ask !, May 3, 2007 IP
    agnivo007 likes this.
  16. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not at all, I have far more knowledge in this game that you'll ever have;)

I have more $$$$ than you think.

wwws, May 3, 2007 IP
  17. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Alright guys why are there so many narrow minded folks around here ? So, basically what i seen is that Ideas and concepts should get trademarked and probably be registered somehow too i guess, is what i seen so far from discussion above. So, does that mean there should be no competition at all ? For example the wheel thingy example. Does that mean if one company which originally came with wheel idea should be the only one making wheel and have monopoly over the market? Even though other companies know how to make wheel in a different manner?

So, it would be awesomely bad for me to hire some coder and put my ideas which match with others existing ideas to come up with a similar product or mod ?

@ popo. How would the so called "All known buying directory owners" know the difference if the deeplink is by annon or by some other folk? Just cause they paid anon for the mod 100$ makes it right not to spend more money in others directories. Well sorry to say but its only those so called "All known buying directory owners" loss not anyone else's, cause soon most directories will have that mod on them, than i just cannot imagine what those "All known buying directory owners" will be doing ? Submitting to their own directories or something ?

We should become more broad minded if we are to survive or grow in todays world. Narrow mindedness only hurts yourself not others.

Cheers and enjoy another great mod by mhandi atleast he is taking efforts and his time out of his life to help others and it hurts me to see narrow minded folks trying to only hurt him and his efforts, how would you would feel if you were in his shoes? << this should if u think deeply answer and clear ur doubts.

Once again thanks for reading the post if u had time to , if not i do not care.

paidhosting, May 3, 2007 IP
  18. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Best post in this thread hands down.

an0n, May 3, 2007 IP
  19. paidhosting

paidhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    How did i miss this. Exactly my point those ideas are already out there and when someone trying to help phpld community by giving back users just trying to have a go at them and bitch slapping them.

Thats why i have decided to go with nicecoders script. Will be getting my directories all converted soon. Wonder why phpld community is being so narrow minded about the releases. You should be thanking those brining out free mods out for you and others.

Cheers

paidhosting, May 3, 2007 IP
  20. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    WTF? You guys have so much time to argue over free mods and catching possible rip-offs (mainly ideas)? Well, then instead of concentrating on phpLD stuff, monitor what open source software is copying from MS or what MS is copying from Mac...that should be interesting.

I see a particular group of people (who may have formed a secret alliance or financially compensated or otherwise) always come on and hit hard on people in these threads as they think it hurts their interest and sales...but this is completely a different story altogether.

Say, you have your paid product for sale; it's upon the people to decide whether to use your one or a open-source free product. If you think someone ripped your paid solution, there are legal eagles waiting for your appointment!

Complaining and attacking free solutions for the sake of ethics (actually a deliberate try) just to ensure your products stay higher in the competition is just as cheap as you are accusing some people here for.

So, to those guys: "Live and let live!"

Also, red repping for true comments like this is not any kind of solution...it only shows how biased you are. If someone red reps me for this, be kind enough to mention your name. I hope there are people who like free solutions or open source work, who will stand by my comment and defend against any red rep given wrongly.

agnivo007, May 3, 2007 IP
    enQuira, jmort732, Richie_Ni and 2 others like this.