1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A Guide To Making Money With A Video Blog

Discussion in 'General Business' started by thetafferboy83, Apr 17, 2007.

1. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    huh?? show us where you see that in any website tos.

people, this isn't about what YOU want, it's about COPYRIGHT LAW that has existed for decades.

in the age of enron, should noobs and scammers be allowed to steal bandwidth, ignore terms of service, and break international copyright laws?

should that trailer trash behavior be excused, just because google is ignoring it? adsense support certainly hasn't shut down comicvids.com, or the tafferboy account.

since google won't enforce it's own tos, this is largely an issue of personal ethics and morality... unless viacom or similar includes your site in one of their lawsuits, which seems rather unlikely.

danimal, May 2, 2007 IP
  2. shredtone

shredtone Peon

Best Answers:
    FCS danimal give it a rest would you! You just don't get it! Maybe you should change your alias from danimal to denial, because that is what you are in. I usually try not to be rude in my posts but you have been extremely rude to everyone else so I will make an exception.

I run video blog for some time now with embedded youtube videos and Adsense. I've asked Adsense staff if this was OK and they said yes it was perfectly fine. I've had Adsense optimization staff look over my site and offer me advice on how to improve my CTR with Adsense. There have been multiple people in this thread email Google and ask if it was OK and Google said yes. They even went as far to have their site reviewed by Google and they said it was fine. How much proof do you need.

Seriously what does it take to get it through your thick skull that your interpretation could possibly be wrong? You think you understand the rules better than the people who actually work for the company who created them?

Sorry but I tend to believe the words of the people who are actually part of the adsense team rather hen some clown like you. It's hilarious that you somehow think you know more than the Adsense staff.

shredtone, May 2, 2007 IP
    thetafferboy83 and munt like this.
  3. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually you have to remember that google is getting sued for copyright infringement. Google does not always know best. Also YouTube does delete videos when deemed copyright material. There is no denying this.

rmartish, May 2, 2007 IP
  4. shredtone

shredtone Peon

Best Answers:
    The question was whether having adsense on the same page as embedded youtube/google video was OK with Google and if it would get your account suspended. Just use common sense and don't have a site built around obvious copyright infringements like movie rips etcand you should be ok. If something is a bit of a gray area let google/youtube worry about it and decide if it's ok or not and let them delete it.

shredtone, May 2, 2007 IP
  5. andrewrodrigues

andrewrodrigues Peon

Best Answers:
    wow. that's detailed. you forgot about including the costs of buying a video camera ;) just kidding

andrewrodrigues, May 2, 2007 IP
  6. kystacys

kystacys Peon

Best Answers:
    nice post very informative

kystacys, May 2, 2007 IP
  7. thetafferboy83

thetafferboy83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What, the users counter-sue because Viacom cannot accurately find which videos are theres and which are not, so YouTube gets off scot free?.......

thetafferboy83, May 3, 2007 IP
  8. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    Just don't have copyright videos and avoid the lawsuits. Unless you enjoy making lawyers rich. You have been warned.

rmartish, May 3, 2007 IP
  9. thetafferboy83

Best Answers:
    Spot on! That's all that needs to be said on the matter.

thetafferboy83, May 3, 2007 IP
  10. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    so how could i "know more than the adsense staff?", lol?? i didn't write the adsense tos; google did.

i quoted the specific adsense tos that is on the google website :rolleyes: and i posted the exact email that i received from adsense support.

rmartish is correct... only a complete idiot would ignore that fact that THERE IS NO ADSENSE ON YOUTUBE PAGES THAT HAVE EMBEDDED VIDEO CLIPS.

"Google CEO upholds YouTube copyright infringing business model"
    http://blogs.zdnet.com/micro-markets/?p=1246

danimal, May 3, 2007 IP
  11. BiGRob

BiGRob Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's only a problem if you choose to put a copyrighted video on your blog with adsense

If you have a blog post with a copyrighted video, don't put adsense on it, or better yet, don't use copyrighted videos and your fine

BiGRob, May 3, 2007 IP
  12. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    wrong.

ALL VIDEOS ON THE YOUTUBE SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED, PERIOD.

1) copyright is automatically granted the instant that the work is created.
    2) google does NOT own any of the copyrights on the youtube videos.
    3) youtube scrapers do NOT have copyright permission to use any youtube video, because they broke the youtube tos when they used the videos for commercial gain.

danimal, May 3, 2007 IP
  13. vickyiori

vickyiori Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been waiting for a post like this for ages.

vickyiori, May 3, 2007 IP
  14. BiGRob

BiGRob Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have no Idea what you are talking about

You need to read up and learn about the copyright laws, aswell as what commercial gain means

I'm done, great topic but this guy is an idiot and I'm sorry that he is wrecking your topic

I'm done posting here

BiGRob, May 3, 2007 IP
  15. libertygone

libertygone Active Member

Best Answers:
    it's pointless to argue this. just drop it. lol :rolleyes:

libertygone, May 3, 2007 IP
  16. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    "...Once an idea has been reduced to tangible form, for example by securing it in a fixed medium (such as a drawing, sheet music, photograph, a videotape or a letter), the copyright holder is entitled to enforce his or her exclusive rights.

Copyrights are generally enforced by the holder in a civil law court... these cases have usually been settled outside of court, with demands of payment of several thousand dollars accompanied by nothing more than a threat to sue the file sharer, which will be ruinous to many defendants in practice, thus such cases rarely make their way to civil law courts."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

are there any other geniuses on this forum who need a lesson in copyright law?

danimal, May 3, 2007 IP
  17. SquishyBug

SquishyBug Guest

Best Answers:
    To be on the safer side, I have removed Adsense from the video blog.

SquishyBug, May 4, 2007 IP
  18. thetafferboy83

Best Answers:
    Yes, but you agree to relinquish this when submitting to YT.

thetafferboy83, May 4, 2007 IP
  19. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    wrong again, as usual.

"5. User Submissions
    For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your User Submissions."
    http://www.youtube.com/t/terms

i actually believe these people who are claiming that google approved their youtube scraper blogs... but don't you wonder why the big g isn't putting adsense on youtube video pages?

"With respect to vicarious infringement, the court held that Google derived direct financial benefit from infringement of P10's copyright (in the form of AdWords and AdSense profits), but that it had no power to stop the infringements even if it knew of them.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_10_v._Google_Inc

danimal, May 4, 2007 IP
  20. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess people have to learn the hard way not to infringe on copyright material.

rmartish, May 4, 2007 IP