1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How I got paid $250 for reporting an Adsense Cheater!

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Nate, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raven2424

raven2424 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Nate

Good job i belive that closing down a adsense cheater is great and I am not surprised at google lack of response they seem to take there time when it comes to responding from my exp

raven2424, Sep 1, 2005 IP
    Shoemoney likes this.
  2. Dejavu

Dejavu Peon

Best Answers:
    Good read, I am all for catching the cheaters.
    I dont think all the criticism here was justified (if what you said is true), the users here just go into automatic spam mode when they see a post with "I made $XXX doing whatever".

Dejavu, Sep 1, 2005 IP
    Shoemoney likes this.
  3. _vlada_

_vlada_ Peon

Best Answers:
    First, as you can see, and there is not need to search I ask Nate to answer me. hmm, Rest is less important..

LOL it is good to have lawyer!

LOL2 What a fun with rating of members (for someone)! :D

_vlada_, Sep 1, 2005 IP
    Shoemoney likes this.
  4. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    i can't imagine why anybody would pay $25 for your software, based entirely on the speculation that they would be "rewarded" by unknown individuals.

i'd say that it's about the most harebrained scheme i've ever heard of, but then again, somebody got really rich by selling pet rocks.

it probably would have been a lot smarter to give the software away for free, in order to drive traffic to your website... people might have started linking back to it in blogs and such... as it stands now, you probably aren't going to see any kind of viral benefit from this.

danimal, Sep 1, 2005 IP
    Shoemoney likes this.
  5. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Man i dont find your software useful in neway, U dont offer even a demo. why wud neone pay u $25? and what is your software for??
    and when u've already got $250 from that software and you r determine to catch cheaters why dont you offer this software for free? to make this world a better place nice guy??

The Webmaster, Sep 1, 2005 IP
  6. Nate

Nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For like the fifth time... the point of the software isn't to find Adsense cheaters and report them for profit. The software is actually used to find out exactly how many people are advertising for a particular keyword. It just happens that I also used it to list advertisers that were targeted the cheater's niche.

Yeah you got me... I actually paid Amazon $250 to send myself a gift certificate so that I could make up this huge story to post on DP. :rolleyes:

Again, the software isn't for catching Adsense cheaters. And one last time.... you don't need the software to report Adsense cheaters.

Nate, Sep 1, 2005 IP
    nevetS likes this.
  7. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    okay got your point...but the question is still unanswerd why wud anyone pay for your software what is the benefit to get a list of sponcers for a specific keyword?
    and since you earned something from this software why dont you offer a demo to folks from DP forum lets say..
    and yes i also beleive that if you start offering it free you'll get more traffic and more earning...from adsense!!

Shoemoney likes this.
  8. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    That's not the benefit of this type of software.

The benefit of this type of software is that it gives an AdSense publisher insight into what sort of pages to make.

For example, let's say you were thinking of making a site and you were not sure if you wanted to make a site about apples or bananas.

You would use a tool like this to determine how many companies were buying AdWords about apples and how many companies were buying Adwords about bananas. You could then compare then and determine the relative commercial value of each term.

Will.Spencer, Sep 1, 2005 IP
  9. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    okay i got it.
    thanks Will

10. Nate

Nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Since you asked, I'll answer that question. But I have a feeling I'm going to be accused of advertising my web site again. Oh well.

Use it to block competitors - Put in the keyword that your site targets and it will list every sponsor who targets that same keyword. Useful if you run a commercial site and don't want your competitors ads on your site.

Use it to research a niche - Not sure if the niche you want to target is profitable enough? Type in the keyword to find out how many people are targetting it. If there are only a few sponsors, it might not be worth targetting (but that's one factor out of many)

Use it to convince sponsors to add your site - Contact sponsors and tell them to add your site to a "Site-targeted Campaign". It could be against the TOS... but some people will still do it. Ask Google if you're not sure.

Use it to block low-paying ads - Example, you have adsense ads on your "Investment Blog" but instead of getting ads for investing services, you get ads for blogs! Just type "blog" into the software and block all the sponsors who target that keyword. You won't get ads for blogs any more.

Use it to block unrelated ads - Example, You have a site about Java (the programing language) but your site is showing ads for coffee (also called java). Just put the word "Coffee" into the software and add the sites it lists into your Competitive Ad Filter.

And there are still a couple more ways to use it (8 in all... maybe more ways I haven't thought of)

The point, this software isn't just to report Adsense cheaters.

Okay... bring on the flames! :)

Nate, Sep 1, 2005 IP
    NetMidWest and classifieds like this.
  11. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    but... wouldnt that then be building a site based on adsense revenue... which is a no no ?

Shoemoney, Sep 1, 2005 IP
  12. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    So you create software to break to tos to report those who are breaking the tos?

hrmm ok..

13. Nate

Nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No... I created software to list sponsors for whatever keyword you enter. How you use it are your issues.

Nate, Sep 1, 2005 IP
  14. ResaleBroker

ResaleBroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Shoemoney, are you seriously not understanding any of this?

ResaleBroker, Sep 1, 2005 IP
  15. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow! I've read this entire thread. I've never seen this forum get this worked up about something this fast. Did Katrina flood all your basements?

Take a deep breath, crack open a cold one and chill out.

compar, Sep 1, 2005 IP
  16. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    I guess I am not. If the program isn't used for making sites that make money then what is it for? I mean isn't that the guts of it? Isn't that against the tos?

If I am misunderstood then I apoligise

17. harris2004

harris2004 Peon

Best Answers:
    Definately Advertising..telling people to use his tool to find the advertisers...if you want to be proved..give details of keywords, the website which you saw the ads.....and other details..I dont beleieve you for a sec

harris2004, Sep 1, 2005 IP
  18. Colleen

Colleen Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I was thinking the same thing compar.

What Nate did was a good thing, this thread shouldn't have turned out the way it did. After reading his first post in this thread it was clearly obvious to me that he wasn't trying to advertise his product at all and was actually just telling a part of the story. No big deal!

I think some are jealous of his gift certificate? lol. :D :p

Colleen, Sep 1, 2005 IP
    ResaleBroker and Nintendo like this.
  19. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    well, whatever, if u got the gift certificate and u got an adsense cheater banned, good work. If not, never mind, lol :)

honey, Sep 1, 2005 IP
  20. Enzo

Enzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    pretty fishy post with somewhat an intend to self-promote .. Where is Fryman when you need him :)

Enzo, Sep 1, 2005 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.