1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

4 Steps to know God

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Dude111, May 1, 2007.

1. GOD LOVES YOU AND IS SEEKING TO HAVE PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU "In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to remove the barrier of sin." (1 John 4:10)
    God loves you and planned a wonderful, full life for you. He wants to enter a personal and intimate relationship with you that includes fellowship, inner peace, happiness, guidance in life and power to fulfill His special plan for your life.

2. SIN HAS CREATED A BARRIER BETWEEN MAN AND GOD
    “All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God.” (Romans 3:23)
    GOD is Holy, and cannot have a relationship with anyone who falls short of His righteous character. Sin began when man went his own independent way and rejected his relationship with God. At that point, man became unacceptable to God’s Holy character.
    The Ten Commandments were given to show us how good we would have to be if we try to come to God in our own merit. But God doesn’t grade our law-keeping on the curve. He said, “For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.” (James 2:10)
    No matter how sincere we are, or how hard we try, or how religious we are, we can never produce a righteousness that God can accept. Even our good deeds are not acceptable in God’s sight, “But we are all like an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags …” (Isaiah 64:6)
    So our sin has created a barrier that we cannot remove. Even though God loves you, He cannot compromise His holy character to receive you. Only God can remove this barrier.

3. JESUS CHRIST CAME TO REMOVE THE BARRIER BETWEEN GOD AND MAN
    Jesus said of Himself, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)
    “The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.” (Matthew 20:28)
    You see, God so loved us that He stepped out of eternity into time and became a man in the person of Jesus Christ. He lived a perfect life as a man and thus qualified to die for the sins of the world. He then willingly died in our place to purchase a pardon for sins and satisfy the demands of His own perfect justice. When He did, He tore down the barrier of sin that separated us.

4. NOW THERE IS ONLY ONE BARRIER BETWEEN YOU AND GOD YOU MUST RECEIVE THE PARDON JESUS PURCHASED FOR YOU
    Jesus Christ has removed every barrier that stood between you and God except one -- you must receive the pardon He purchased for you by an act of your will. You see, a pardon is not a pardon until it is received. There is a pardon with your name on it in heaven, but you must receive it to make it valid.
    It is not a matter of how good you are -- or even how bad you are. The issue is, will you talk to God and tell him you receive the pardon he purchased for you. He wants you to come just as you are and confess you can never be good enough for Him to accept.
    YOU can change your eternal destiny right now. Wherever you are, just bow your head and tell God you receive His pardon for your sins. Ask Jesus Christ to come into your life and begin to give you a new heart with new desires. He will come into your life and bring a new power and motivation for living you never dreamed possible.
    Jesus gave us this invitation, “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.” (Revelation 3:20) The door represents your will.
    The Lord Jesus Christ is knocking at the door of your will right now. Just invite Him in and receive the gift of pardon He gave His life to give you. Then thank Him for the pardon and that He must keep His Word.
    Don’t expect feelings right away. Some have them, some don’t. The important thing is to simply believe God keeps His Word and He now has come to live in you. Seek out a Church that is true to the Bible and seek to learn about your new life.
    “For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.” (2 Corinthians 5:21)

Dude111, May 1, 2007 IP
  2. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice reminder dude, Thank you for the great truth again.

Got to like this
    The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 15:56-57, ESV)

Arnie, May 1, 2007 IP
  3. sami

sami Peon

Best Answers:
    I think reading and understanding these verses would be worth while:rolleyes:

sami, May 2, 2007 IP
  4. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First step towards knowing god is loving ur fellow human being. Even without knowing god u will then be doing gods work as he will then have found a way into ur heart.

pingpong123, May 2, 2007 IP
  5. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, that way you can distinguish between real scripture and inferior scripture. Thanks.:rolleyes:

d16man, May 2, 2007 IP
  6. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    4 Actual Steps to Knowing God.

Take Care of yourself (work out, keep fit, rehydrate, eat well)

Focus on the positive, Love, Live, Enjoy (Focus your mind and the universe will follow)

Look outside religion (religion wants to keep you dependent, not free)

Follow your heart (this is the most important one, the answers are in there, not in a book)

darksat, May 2, 2007 IP
  7. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my religion does not want to keep me dependent...it and God allow tons of freedom, have you heard of free will? Even to believe is an option, not something the church forces on you...

d16man, May 2, 2007 IP
  8. EliteFlyers_com

EliteFlyers_com Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think it depends on what you mean when you say religion...
    b/c for me religion has a very negative connotation.
    i hate religion, yet im a christian.
    for me when i think of religion and religious ppl think of the pharasees (ppl in the bible that hated Jesus, and were too stuck in religion to see God right in front of them)
    religion keeps alot of ppl just going through the motions and not putting their hearts into it. religion hurts ppl, it does things Christ never would (excommunicates ppl from the church, chooses to only love those that fit the mold) religion makes me sick
    IMO

EliteFlyers_com, May 2, 2007 IP
  9. Bestmiler

Bestmiler Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post! Amen!

Bestmiler, May 2, 2007 IP
    darksat likes this.
  10. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    One thing christianity and islam have in common is they both believe non-believers will have painful torment at the end. From the 3rd post in this thread by sami about islam, "But as for those who refuse His worship and were proud, He will punish them with a painful torment."
    and christians believe the non-believers will burn in hell.
    Not sure what point I am trying to make here, just something I find distasteful about both religions.

Rebecca, May 2, 2007 IP
  11. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    Funny, an all living and merciful god that will punish all non believers, even the ones that were born into different religions, surely the god of christians and islam must be the most evil deity ever so.

Edit
    I personally belive in a higher power that will love you regardless or religion or what you do.

And all religion tries to do is co opt peoples beliefs in this power and pervert it, threaten them with horrible punishments if they dont join the "correct" religion.
    I look at religion as the enemy of spirituality.
    They give you a little spiritual truth and a lot of bull {like a politician}.
    (thats why politics and religion are associated)

darksat, May 2, 2007 IP
  12. EliteFlyers_com

Best Answers:
    its your choice to 'burn in hell'
    You have free will
    ppl choose to go there, God doesn't put them there.
    you go there based on the choices you make in your life
    going to heaven is a free gift you just have to accept the gift

13. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    Aww fuck off.
    This threaten with hell bullshit really pisses me off.
    Everything taboo in Christianity's was once something sacred in another religion.
    The Christian Church demonised every other religion and waged a propaganda war based on fear in order to gain followers.
    Sex was made taboo because it was sacred to the pagans and regarded as a method to attain the divine (like tantra)
    babalonian sun worship was transmutated into the number of the beast.;
    The roman god Pan was used as the basis for Lucifer
    Fear based religion and fear in general is about as far from God as you can get.

darksat, May 2, 2007 IP
  14. EliteFlyers_com

Best Answers:
    sex?
    taboo?
    since when?
    haha

15. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    Catholic church still believes in sex only inside marriage.
    So I guess since 300AD when the church was started.

darksat, May 2, 2007 IP
  16. EliteFlyers_com

Best Answers:
    youre right having sex outside of marriage with as many ppl as you want whenever you want is the best thing.
    i dont know about you but i love STD's and getting pregnant and killing my baby, realizing im not mature enough to take responsibilities for my actions.
    thanks for bringing me back, i dont know where i was going with the whole sex when you married thing.......:rolleyes:

17. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yeah, I couldn't have said it better. I have known a lot of great people that are not christian or muslim, and the thought of them being told they are going to burn in hell makes me sick. For me, I am convinced there is much more to the world that I don't understand and I do believe in a spiritual world. Yet I just don't believe in christianity or islam, although they may have some pieces of correct info in there religions. I don't know. They say just believe it so you don't go to hell, but how can you believe in something that you don't? Would it be better to be a liar and say yeah I believe when I don't in my heart. Just the fact they make that threat makes the religion seem kind of dark and scary.

Rebecca, May 2, 2007 IP