1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

-> Help <- How would you market this domain? (+rep)

Discussion in 'General Business' started by betaisbetta, May 1, 2007.

Hi u all!!!
    I own this domain and i believe is good and has some kind of potential. But i'm just not quite sure how to develop it. What would you recommend me to do next?
    [​IMG]

It means: The art of being a penny-pinching coupon-clipping treasure-hoarding frugality nazi.

Waiting for your inputs

betaisbetta, May 1, 2007 IP
    rcj662 likes this.
  2. Kendothpro

Kendothpro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd develop a coupon/deals site, obviously :D
    The name also implies some kind of community feeling, I'd definitely use a forum + a section with coupons
    Maybe an RSS aggregator with deals from other websites

Kendothpro, May 1, 2007 IP
    betaisbetta likes this.
  3. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    I like the ideas already mentioned. I would also make a blog about the site so you can get links to the site and people to it.

rcj662, May 1, 2007 IP
    betaisbetta likes this.
  4. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I would also perhaps do an rss feed of some sort on the main page with some of the best internet deals. Several sites have "Hot Deals" sections including Anandtech if you wanted to do it manually.

PHPGator, May 1, 2007 IP
    betaisbetta likes this.
  5. betaisbetta

betaisbetta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks guys!!! might consider that
    the thing is; i don't just want to be one more out there, really wanna come up with something that will grab some attention.
    thanks!!!

betaisbetta, May 1, 2007 IP
  6. edr

edr Guest

Best Answers:
    I would look at how "scrooging" has both positive and negative meanings and search out the Bad Scrooges and the Good Scrooges.

Bad Scrooges could be stories about corporate profiteering at the expense of the little guy or corruption, etc - news pieces.

Good Scrooges could be the deals, coupons etc that would form the backbone of revenue (i assume).

In the Bad Scrooge stories or pieces you may even be able to tie into offering counters to the tactics of Bad Scrooge - for example record oil profits and 3 dollar a gallon gasoline = chance to tout Cheap Gas Finder service in the Good Scrooge side of the site.

Bad Scrooge might be story about abysmal savings rates and good scrooge might be higher interest savings accounts.

Bad Scrooge might be high cost of energy Good Scrooge might be energy saving tips and guides.

I think for every Bad Scrooge problem there exists an opportunity to offer your visitors something positive in return that could potentially involve affiliate relationships, e-books or the like.

good luck!

edr, May 2, 2007 IP
    betaisbetta likes this.
  7. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you had enough room, you could have something like a forum where people could submit their own coupons, ideas, and information to your site. Not only would that help with traffic, but it would help other businesses as well...then you could potentially get some sponsors...this takes time though. Good luck with it, let us know what you decide on and how it turns out.

d16man, May 2, 2007 IP
    betaisbetta likes this.
  8. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I would use it to talk about strategies to help people save money by conserving everyday household items and cutting unnecessary expenses/luxuries which would save $x amount of money by the end of the year.

Pixelrage, May 2, 2007 IP
    betaisbetta likes this.
  9. betaisbetta

betaisbetta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for your feedback guys. added to your rep.

if anyone else has any more idea. keep them coming. thanks

betaisbetta, May 2, 2007 IP