1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The dangerous CHUMP uses his veto.

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by AGS, May 1, 2007.

Apparently this is only the 2nd time he's used his veto (surprised the idiot even knows what a veto is.)

Tuesday was the fourth anniversary of a speech in which Mr Bush declared major combat operations in Iraq over, standing beneath a banner proclaiming "mission accomplished".

I don't side for either side as Republicrats and Demopublicans are two cheeks of the same arse but what is the point of having the Democrats (ostensibly) in charge of Congress if this miserable failure can just veto them? :confused:

I must have to admit that I support the Democrats on this one, the war is an absolute failure, they are trying to get the troops out of the disaster zone before any more get killed.

The war is unwinnable, why does the dumb fool Bush not see that?

Unless he has another agenda for remaining in there, maybe something that begins with O and ends in L, or begins with H and ends with an N, or is two words the first beginning with the letter C and the second beginning with G. ;)

AGS, May 1, 2007 IP
  2. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    What a shocker you've posted AGS.

Bush used his veto:eek:

Toopac, May 1, 2007 IP
  3. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Horror! Bush used his constitutional right to a veto! Damn him.

lorien1973, May 1, 2007 IP
    MrMOJO likes this.
  4. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And because he did so hundreds more American troops will die for nothing.

Are you proud of that lorien?

AGS, May 1, 2007 IP
  5. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Do you enjoy asking loaded questions AGS? I do not believe its for nothing. That is your point of view, remember? I know its hard to keep track of your cognitive dissonance in regards to these issues. But, please, do try.

6. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    And because he did so hundreds more terrorists will die for nothing.

Are you proud of that AGS?

lol

Toopac, May 1, 2007 IP
    MrMOJO likes this.
  7. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well lorien, it was not a loaded question. The average American is no better off for this disasterous BS "war on terror" out there in a country that a lot of them probably don't even know the location of.

Do you remember the shit with the statue of Saddam being torn down, the jubilation of the people?

Now look at the place, it's a f*cking disaster, 3,500 American troops lives have been wasted and for what? Nothing.

The world is no better place for it and people like you, sat behind the comfort of your PC keep on beating the war drum and back this so-called "war" and the chump that vetoed a chance to save hundreds of American soldiers lives. :confused:

AGS, May 1, 2007 IP
  8. demosfen

demosfen Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but no one forced them to go there. Why are we worried about people who volunteer to die? I didn't volunteer to go to Iraq, and when I am drafted I ain't going. Shouldn't we be worried about Iraqis that these troops kill AGAINST THEIR WILL instead, rather than about soldiers who volunteer to risk their lives? No one forces them to join the army
    If I wanted to go climb Everest or hunt elephants and possibly lose MY life trying, why do you care? Isn't it up to me what I want to do with my life?

demosfen, May 1, 2007 IP
  9. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    I think he was right to veto the bill...(NOT because i think the war should keep going...i don't...i'm in the military and don't really feel like going over there again)...but because setting a timetable to stop funds for the war would be both dumb and futile...

futile because...seriously...since when has the government ever actually followed a time table for something like this?

and dumb because that would pretty much being saying..."Sorry Troops...if you aren't out by this date...you ain't coming back because the funds are gone"...so while i think the war should be over...i wouldn't wanna be stuck in the desert :D

Stax_Daniel, May 1, 2007 IP
    MrMOJO likes this.
  10. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    I know. American troops only liberated the country and are now beset by terrorists who come in from Iran, Syria and elsewhere to kill civilians. Your lack of concern for them is duly noted. Perhaps if you voiced concern for the people who are dying and, more properly, those who do the killing (ie the terrorists), they wouldn't be emboldened to continue their attacks.

Why don't you help bring an end to this; support the troops and their mission; stop supporting the actions of terrorists and maybe this will end a little quicker.

How about it, give it a shot AGS? Or do you enjoy watching terrorists blow up civilians over there?

11. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Then you have those who call for peace whilst sat behind their PC instead of going to Iraqi & holding up peace signs to stop armed forces shooting at the terrorists.

Toopac, May 1, 2007 IP
  12. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You going to be nipping over the border to Canada or Mexico then matey? :D

I would love to see the look on some of the hawks here on this forums faces if they got drafted and had to go and fight Bush's BS war.

They would soon understand exactly what I am saying if they are out in the middle of nowhere wondering exactly what they are doing there.

It would certainly not be as comfy as sitting behind their lovely PCs in their nice comfy homes defending the worst US President ever whilst other young Americans die for nothing over in that hellhole.

AGS, May 1, 2007 IP
  13. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    lol...i can't tell if you are on our side or not...first it sounded like you were belittling the troops...now it sounds like you are protecting them...

though i can say that most of the troops do know why were are there...to provide freedom to a country that needs it...though i can say that this is an unwinnable war...so we should get the hell out...but while i'm there...i am 100% that i have a valid reason to be there

14. lorien1973

Best Answers:
    Read AGS posts. It'll be clear he supports. He thinks Osama didn't cause 9/11 (it was an inside job). He believes that his own government caused the 7/7 terror attacks. I think that says it all. Anything to absolve terrorists of their crimes, AGS will be there, upfront leading the charge.

15. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey I'm on your side buddy, I am on the side of the American people, it is the completely corrupt and inept US Administration I am against.

I am here in this P&R forum to try and wake up these damn sheeple. Of course because I am against Bush some of the idiots here say that I support the terrorists, that is of course complete crap. The troops need to come home ASAP, I am an ex British Army soldier that missed going to the first Gulf War by the width of a bollock hair.

You will see that it is so easy for some of these sheeple to bang the war drum sat in their computer room behind their PC. If they were out there they would quite literally sh*t themselves. ;)

AGS, May 1, 2007 IP
  16. Stax_Daniel

Stax_Daniel Guest

Best Answers:
    gotcha now :)...sorry i haven't read all your posts so didn't know exactly where you were coming from...i'm quick to jump on whatever my first thoughts are when it comes to a topic like this...just hits a bit close to home for some reason...lol :rolleyes:

I actually started out liking bush...and while i can't say anything horribly bad about him (perks of the job)...i can say that i can't wait for 2008...

17. chulium

chulium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't let GAGS twist your mind - he'll lead you to the dark side... he's a terrorist supporter that does nothing but bash Bush...

chulium, May 1, 2007 IP
  18. demosfen

demosfen Peon

Best Answers:
    Hillary is going to implement North American Union (unless Bush cancels elections), so there won't be borders to hide behind. More like live/work under fake ID so that they can't find you. Can be done with careful planning, unless Amero is cashless and you have to carry RFID chip around, if you don't want to be excluded from the economy. I don't think the chances of coming back from prolonged war in Middle East in one piece are good, comparing to being shot while resisting draft. Even if they find you, isn't it safer in jail than in the army? I don't even know what these people think when they VOLUNTEER to go to Iraq (not like they don't have a right to do so). And the pay is not even that great

demosfen, May 1, 2007 IP
  19. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's going to be Hillary in 2k8.

Whilst she is nowhere near as good looking as Bush she certainly has a lot more brain than the chump. :)

I'm convinced that the disaster out in the Middle East will continue though. A lot of plebs here think that if you bash Bush you support the terrorists but that is of course complete nonsense.

It's not getting any better out there mate, and the presence of coalition troops has done nothing for the safety of any of us, yet these hawks still persist on supporting the illegal invasion. :rolleyes:

AGS, May 1, 2007 IP
  20. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If the dems would give the troops some $$ without limitations, this would not be an issue...but the dems love to coat stuff in pork...

d16man, May 1, 2007 IP