1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adwords going over budget?? What gives

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Jeff Griffiths, May 1, 2007.

I setup a campaign on adwords recently and wanted to do some testing so I set the daily budget to $5 .. checked back about 20 minutes later and the campaign was already up to about $9..

Anyone know why this may have happened? I don't get it. I'd rather not go any further until I know why this has happened.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Griffiths, May 1, 2007 IP
  2. pasfile

pasfile Active Member

Best Answers:
    hey mate.

it happened to me and google over delievered by £285, yeah pounds! i got 1800 uniques for nothing!:)

its just google screwing up.

pasfile, May 1, 2007 IP
  3. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Maybe you'll have days that are only 2 or 3 dollars, it all pans out. I think that is how they do it for you. Especially if you have opted to "show the ads as fast as possible". In thirty days it should all even out that your budget did not exceed your 5 dollar a day limit.

Karen May Jones, May 1, 2007 IP
  4. Nitin M

Nitin M White/Gray/Black Hat

Best Answers:
    Usually adwords will not let you go more than 20% over your indicated daily spend limit and this usually happens only the first few days of a new campaign after which google seems to nail it right at your limit.

Not sure if having very high CPC relative to your daily limit might cause it? But, I'd suggest sending an email to adwords support ... they're the only ones that can give you a definitive answer and they usually respond within 24 hours mon-fri.

Nitin M, May 1, 2007 IP
  5. Huligan

Huligan Peon

Best Answers:
    This happened to me. Google will total up your costs for the entire month and if they exceeded your daily budget (translated to month), then you only get charged for what you set your daily budget to. Basically, you get free clicks. Also, Google uses 30 days to calculate a month (not 28 or 31).

Huligan, May 1, 2007 IP
  6. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    GuyFromChicago, May 2, 2007 IP