1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CPM networks for advertisers

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by BrandDan, Apr 29, 2007.

What CPM networks are good for small advertisers? There are a ton of CPM networks out there, but which ones work with advertisers with smaller budgets (less than $100/month starting out)? Any recommendations from personal experience would be especially helpful.

BrandDan, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  2. Nitin M

Nitin M White/Gray/Black Hat

Best Answers:
    In my experience that it's EXTREMELY difficult to maximize your online advertising ROI using CPM advertising. CPC works better in most situations especially if you don't have an established baseline to measure against.

IF you have an amazingly provacative/attention-getting ad, then you can sometimes do better with CPM, but, again on a budget of $100/month imo you don't even have the funds to do the trial and error to make the CPM advertising beat the CPC you can get with adwords.

With only $100 I would recommend adwords ... probably search results only, but you could try some content network banners at a much reduced level and see how they do. The key, of course, is to track every creative/source independently so you know which are converting and so you can constantly ratchet up your ROI.

Nitin M, May 1, 2007 IP
  3. BrandDan

BrandDan Member

Best Answers:
    Nitin, thanks for your post. The reason why I wanted to look into CPM networks is because it's something to try in addition to CPC text ads (like Adwords). I know some CPM networks also have an option for CPC graphical banners, which provide branding as well as the direct response benefits of CPC text ads like Adwords. This can be a useful thing.

BrandDan, May 1, 2007 IP