1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Depressed a lot tell me the secrets

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by arena, May 1, 2007.

Hello,
    Iam depressed and dissappointed.Earn 20k a month on adsense whats this?
    How can it be possible?I am getting very few clicks.
    How can i improve this

Second thing finding a niche keyword - How can i find one and who will give perfect niche these days.

SE rankings - How can i compete against billions of websites for those niche keyword.

Article submitters - Is this really worth because they are earning lot displaying our hard written articles.

Why this internet is rejecting me

Please help

arena, May 1, 2007 IP
  2. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    The secrets are:

1. Build content
    2. Build links

That's it. That's what got me to $20k/mo.

You can sometimes improve your CTR by working on your layout.

I find niche keywords using WordTracker.

How to compete? Get more inbound links.

Article sites? Maybe they work and maybe they don't. Maybe they do today and won't tomorrow. They should be just one of the many link building tools in your SEO toolchest.

Oh, and quit being depressed, it's a waste of time.

GET TO WORK!

Will.Spencer, May 1, 2007 IP
  3. arena

arena Banned

Best Answers:
    Oh thanks man
    So earn 20k so what are the tools that you recomend please share.
    Also build links what this means.
    How long will it take to make a site that will earn 20k iam very eager to know the secrets.

arena, May 1, 2007 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    The only real tool is what's between your ears.

Read SEO Tips: Link Building

Also, read the FAQ.

Four years, on average.

Will.Spencer, May 1, 2007 IP
  5. Nikolas

Nikolas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most people focus on monetization while their traffic is 0.

I should advice you to use minimal ads in your sites unless you have a great amount of traffic.

Nikolas, May 1, 2007 IP
  6. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nikolas, i think u would need ads on ur site to see how well it will convert even when traffic starts tricling in. Everyone has a different plan. Will Spencer congrats on getting to 20k a month. Some people will do it by using a few large sites while some (like me) plan on doing it using many many smaller sites. It all depends on how hard u wanna work. As far as monetization, i think that will be my only weakness as i do consider myself a rookie in the sales landing page sector lol but i will learn through trial and error.
    Another thing is never ever ever give up. This is the attitude that will spencer probably has and it is probably what got him to this level.

pingpong123, May 1, 2007 IP
    Briant likes this.
  7. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Will Spencer please dont say 4 years dude:D , im trying for one year lol.
    Lets see if i can do it.

pingpong123, May 1, 2007 IP
  8. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    The main thing is: if you aren't willing to put in the work, don't count on results.

kh7, May 1, 2007 IP
  9. itsall3

itsall3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol, thats very specific... Where did you read that? :)

Some people cannot make that mate, without loads of work. It could take some people that just to learn how to make websites, and learn all the techniques, etc.

I hope you do earn it mate, good luck. You've found the best place on the net to learn :)

itsall3, May 1, 2007 IP
  10. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with that completely. It annoys me when people think it comes easy and that the "internet gods" owe them a magical piece of the pie.

Everything requires hard word, dedication, passion, knowledge, experience etc... if you want it to happen, make it happen!

Positive thinking goes a long way too... I find sometimes its motivation that lets me down but I try and motivate myself by having short term achievable goals.

ruby, May 1, 2007 IP
  11. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Arena, dont get depressed or disappointed. It happens to everybody and you would need to face!

There is no such thing called secrets in making money. Its all about hard work.

-> Dont expect to make money overnight. It takes years of work.
    -> Do what you like and what you are interested in. (for example. i like collecting best open source php scripts and so came up with best-php-scripts.com). It is fun for me and money comes later. There are so many opportunities available on Web and the options are wide open. You will need to decide which one you pick.

And most importantly,

-> If you are starting a site, dont forget "Content is always King". So focus on writing quality content and if your site pleases visitors it would soon become popular in due course of time. If you get more visitors you make more $$$. Simple as that!!

Good Luck !!!! ;)

olddocks, May 1, 2007 IP
  12. Glen

Glen Peon

Best Answers:
    Will didnt read it anywhere, thats how long it took him

Glen, May 1, 2007 IP
  13. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    people who earn a lot on Adsense are part of a very small minority (if you look at the entire Adsense user base) - we all tend to focus all of our attention on them, and then wonder why we're not at the same level.

Pixelrage, May 1, 2007 IP
  14. arena

arena Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your advice i will keep it up.

arena, May 1, 2007 IP
  15. utropicmedia-karl

utropicmedia-karl Peon

Best Answers:
    I like people that keep things simple.

Question - where did you get your content from? (paid writers, article packs, etc.)

Thanks!

utropicmedia-karl, May 1, 2007 IP
  16. Sockmoney

Sockmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd agree with Will that it would take at LEAST 4 years to get to 20k/month... and that is if you work very hard and have a bit of luck...

The point is... nothing (sustainable) is going to happen overnight. To build a real online money maker, you need to work hard and be lucky... Unfortunately there are some great sites out there that never take off due to bad timing, poor marketing... or just bad luck.

But hard work can create more opportunities for you to be lucky... and have your site catch on and get mainstream...

Sockmoney, May 1, 2007 IP
  17. arena

arena Banned

Best Answers:
    You can hire some freelance writers or get unique contents from http://constant-content.com.you have to buy content to use in your sources

arena, May 1, 2007 IP
  18. arena

arena Banned

Best Answers:
    Or go to scriptlance.com and hire a writer

arena, May 1, 2007 IP
  19. Curt7

Curt7 Guest

Best Answers:
    Adsense is not a business. It's an opportunity which will surely continue to undergo changes which can devastate anyone's income. Lots of folks have seen their Adsense income ruined over the last year.

If you do have an Adsense site that is working, you are helping someone else's business. That should be a sobering thought. If their ads are working, they are making more than you are.

Why settle for tiny bites of income from other peoples ads? If you can get the traffic to your site that you need to make money from Adsense, think how much more you could make by putting ads for affiliate products in place of the Adsense. Or, at the very least, have a combination of affiliate and Adsense ads.

Everything that has been done on the web can, and will, be duplicated. That's just the nature of it.

With all the opportunity that abounds on the web, you can get overwhelmed and confused. There is a new "latest and greatest way to make instant cash" every day. Figure out what you want to do, and do it. Don't be a shotgun. Be a lazer.

People look for information on the web. Information will always sell in any format. Whether you want to sell information or physical products it is best to become an affiliate in the beginning. Even when you are wildly successful you will still sell affiliate products, because there is money to be made by including them into a marketing system with your own products.

No one in this business can afford to give a second thought about their competition. You worry about competition? Make money from your competition. Then, it's not your competition, it's your income.

Making money is not a big secret. The key that is stressed over and over is build your own mailing list. If you don't have a mailing list, you don't have a business.

Curt7, May 1, 2007 IP
  20. income2k

income2k Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey Will.spencer, I'm new and I have all the same questions as most newbies have but I would like to know where and what services you use to get inbound links.

income2k, May 1, 2007 IP