1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Useful tool or spam generator?

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by egdcltd, Aug 31, 2005.

I am after peoples opinion on Blog Submitter Pro
    Is it a useful tool for generating backlinks for your site, or is it just a piece of spam software for really annoying bloggers? (although I read recently that, I think, 60% of blogs could be considered spam blogs)

egdcltd, Aug 31, 2005 IP
  2. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I read about someone who set up a board as a way of condolence for the family of someone who had died. Many people left messages of hope which the family read and drew a feeling of love towards their lost loved one from. Then the comment spam started using just the sort of software you will be using. The family were devastated and lost as to why someone would trample on the memory of their loved one in such a way.

But you do what you feel is best, and justify it by saying that most blogs are spam anyhow. Just keep in mind that if you piss the wrong person off they might well decide to track down everysite you own and take it down page by page :D

Old Welsh Guy, Aug 31, 2005 IP
    classifieds and Smyrl like this.
  3. egdcltd

egdcltd Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you there, which is why I am asking peoples opinions'. The statement that many blogs are spam, is not my own opinion, merely something I read recently. Yes, a lot of blogs are spam, but not all of them. I think Google are supposed to have come up with the statistics for the blogs hosted on blogspot.

egdcltd, Aug 31, 2005 IP
  4. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    egdcLtd,

Sorry if it looked like I was having a go at You in particular, I was'nt, firstly I was ranting at spam I was pointing out that you would be spamming, showing the kind of pain that can be caused by ruthless actions, and that 2 wrongs do not make a right :(

Old Welsh Guy, Aug 31, 2005 IP
  5. Worldwid

Worldwid Peon

Best Answers:
    Read a little review on it and then think for yourself. REVIEW

Worldwid, Sep 6, 2005 IP
    Will.Spencer and egdcltd like this.
  6. mightyb

mightyb Banned

Best Answers:
    I like this bit on their page

:::ADVISORY:::

I am currently being heavily pressured to sell no more than 1000 copies
    as well as to increase the price by $100 per 50 copies sold.

A group of highly respected and well known SEO companies
    have also asked that I immediately sell all rights to this
    software to them before I release it to the general public.

I will not insult your intelligence by telling you that I
    am not entertaining these offers.

I do Reserve All Rights to modify pricing
    structure, number of copies to be sold,
    as well as Rights to remove this
    software from public sale
    without notice.

mightyb, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  7. Worldwid

Worldwid Peon

Best Answers:
    I found their reply to the nofollow tag question on the review page the most entertaining.

Worldwid, Sep 7, 2005 IP
  8. egdcltd

egdcltd Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that. It's confirmed some of my thoughts.

egdcltd, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  9. Perrow

Perrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's pure humor, love the nofollow misinformation they tried.

Perrow, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  10. blackbug

blackbug Peon

Best Answers:
    Hang on?!? So they're rubbishing one tool, saying that links for spam are worthless. Then saying you can have their worthless tool instead and it's $70 cheaper!

Bargain.

blackbug, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  11. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a good tool...

SEbasic, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  12. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    I hate stuff like this, I get bucket loads of blog spam a day and now I manually approve comments, fortunately Word Press makes it pretty quick and easy to do that.

dct, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  13. blackbug

blackbug Peon

Best Answers:
    At first I started to get blogspam and I thought, fair enough and would visit their site and leave a comment of my own if I thought the site was okay (and delete the comment if not). But now, more and more, people are leaving links to blogs WITH THEIR OWN COMMENTS SWITCHED OFF!

Gah.

blackbug, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  14. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Welll - yeah. :rolleyes:

I'm amazed the links being left on your site are to blogs too - I wouldn't bother I don't think.

SEbasic, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  15. affbusiness

affbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a fact that this software will make your site #1 at search engines but it's not clearly said how! I know that on this site authors says that it is done with posting links in comments, but I heard from one of my online friends who works with blogs a lot that it's not true and he don't know how this software does that. So I wouldn't play a lot with this software ... until I know for sure how it gets that #1 spots.

affbusiness, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  16. Perrow

Perrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nah, I think they said that it wasn't their tool (the other one) but that can be BS. What they did say was that it was pretty much crap too, but at least had a chance of being more than total crap :rolleyes:

Perrow, Sep 8, 2005 IP
    blackbug likes this.
  17. Bud Wiser

Bud Wiser Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually if you read the review more carefully you would have seen that I was reviewing two programs at the same time, side by side, BSP and BAF.

BSP can only post to blogger blogs, the ones that all have the nofollow tag.
    BAF can post to any blog and message board and costs half the price of BSP.

Based on that and my initial findings so far from both products, I recomended BAF over BSP if you want to comment spam.

I am NOT associated with either products :)

Bud Wiser, Sep 17, 2005 IP
    blackbug likes this.
  18. Bud Wiser

Bud Wiser Peon

Best Answers:
    If your referring to BSP, that is total BS.

I have been testing it side by side with another similar program for my site
    http://www.seo-traffic-rank.com

I have been testing these products on 4 computers running them almost not stop for 3 weeks.

I was advertising for 3 different web sites on each program, and tracking them carefully.

So far I have NOT received even ONE BL from BSP from the only SE that was not observing the nofollow tag, yahoo. The traffic accumulated from these posts from both products did not amount to very much at all! In my tests which are still running, BSP has proven to be practically useless these days. I have no doubt that before the nofollow tag this was a useful program. The last hold out Yahoo began observing the nofollow either in the end of Aug or begining of sept.

I know some people insist there is some "magical" or "seccret" way BSP can increase your rank, and I have not seen even a hint of any of that to be true!

Basically it use to be a useful program before the nofollow came in to play, now it's just useless.

There is suppose to be a upgrade for BSP in about 2 weeks with enhancements ans supposidly a way around the nofollow, I will review that as soon as it is released. BTW the upgrade will raise the priice of BSP by $100

I suggest you listen more to unbiased reports about this product because those who are claiming outrageous results are either associated with it or are selling it. I am neither.

Bud Wiser, Sep 17, 2005 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  19. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    How long did it take you to learn how to use it?

Was it a fairly simple learning process?

SEbasic, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  20. Bud Wiser

Bud Wiser Peon

Best Answers:
    BSP is very easy and simple to use. There is almost no learning curve at all, it is designed to work around blogger blogs only, you simply enter a blogger user name and password, and a couple of other configs, save, and hit start. BSP tries to post comments anonymously first, and if that fails will login using the logins you proved.

Unfortuneately this system is not without bugs. You can't let it run unattended because the program stalls (see earlier posts). Also, some bloggers employ warez tactics by attempting to install dialers, and toolbars.

Bud Wiser, Sep 18, 2005 IP