1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making money from my website

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Aragorn, Apr 29, 2007.

I have a Kerala related website (BTW, Kerala is an Indian state) with about 2500 view every day. I am using Adsense on the site. Is there any other way I can monetize my site without breaking Adsense TOS? Also can someone please tell me the best way to make money from websites? I am ready to work.

Aragorn, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  2. originalthechad

originalthechad Active Member

Best Answers:
    originalthechad, Apr 30, 2007 IP
    Aragorn likes this.
  3. Aegist

Aegist Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliate campaigns are the best IMO. Why do people look at your site? Is there some product that those visitors may be interested in buying (Souvenirs maybe?), find a website which sells thos products, and see if they have an affilaite program. If they don't email them and ask if you can set one up.

Or for that matter, find a drop ship wholesaler of a product you would sell from your site, and set up your own store.
    I think http://www.alibaba.com is a good starting point to find wholesalers.

Aegist, Apr 30, 2007 IP
    Aragorn likes this.
  4. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try finding local businesses to sell links to. International travel agencies may also be interested if your site is in English and includes information about tourism. You could even do paid reviews of hotels and such - do be honest, or you will loose your audience.

kh7, Apr 30, 2007 IP
    Aragorn likes this.
  5. dcgamers

dcgamers Peon

Best Answers:
    Try getting accepted to cj.com commission junction. You can earn some serious cash from those guys.

dcgamers, Apr 30, 2007 IP
    Aragorn likes this.
  6. KC TAN

KC TAN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As what has been suggested by other members, affiliate marketing is the way to go but you can also try out konetra under John Chow's network.

KC TAN, Apr 30, 2007 IP
    Aragorn likes this.
  7. dougadam

dougadam Active Member

Best Answers:
    dougadam, Apr 30, 2007 IP
    Aragorn likes this.
  8. Aragorn

Aragorn Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for your replies. I had tried both Adbrite and Kontera. Both have been big flops in my case. As you guys have suggested, I'm going to try my luck with Affiliate marketing. And the suggestion about tourism is also a good one, because tourism is the main attraction of Kerala :)

Aragorn, Apr 30, 2007 IP
  9. CraigslistGuy

CraigslistGuy Banned

Best Answers:
    Consult the Google TOS carefully. The interpretation may be different from what you think. If in doubt write to support, they will respond.

CraigslistGuy, Apr 30, 2007 IP
  10. Ivan40

Ivan40 Guest

Best Answers:
    Try writting few articles about your website content to drive more traffic and increase your adsense profit.

Besides article writting try to join Clickbank or CJ so that other people promote your site...

Also if you are interested in additional marketing strategies that require zero investment, make sure to take a look at my signature file.

Good Luck!

Ivan

Ivan40, May 1, 2007 IP