1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain parking sites under DDoS attack

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by forkqueue, Aug 30, 2005.

According to this article from Netcraft, a number of domain parking advertisers have come under attack. Sedo and Parkingsite are both affected amongst others.

First Worldpay, now this - it seems these little b*st*rds want to extort money from everyone.

forkqueue, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I missed the Worldpay story - do you have a link to that?

yfs1, Aug 30, 2005 IP
  3. forkqueue

forkqueue Guest

Best Answers:
    Yup, try here and here.

They performed pretty well at the time actually - you pretty much couldn't log into the control panel at all, but payments were going through, just a bit more slowly than normal.

forkqueue, Aug 30, 2005 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  4. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the popular websites today get DDOS attacks on constant bases. It's really not a hard thing to do for the bot owners which are countless amount of individuals, 1 command and the pinging begins. However most of the big guys withstand it, I guess by using multiple servers and some other methods. I am pretty sure Microsoft gets DDoSed daily from all the haters.

INV, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  5. kokopelli

kokopelli Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it sucks - my domains at Sedo were down for days. And the stats were scewed up as well - some claim they saw an increase in hits/income. Maybe that's the reason behind the attacks?

kokopelli, Sep 6, 2005 IP
  6. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    They took down DNJournal.com and also Namepros.com -- not with DDOS but the timing seems a little coincidental.

mcfox, Sep 7, 2005 IP