1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AGLOCO = A GLObal COmmunity Get in Now!!!

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by tlainevool, Nov 21, 2006.

1. 0lgi

0lgi Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I also got the email , the funniest thing is this :

So who can guarantee us that they wont run away after 1 year and nobody will get a cent ?

0lgi, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  2. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    I actually asked Bytez how he came to that conclusion. But seeing that he's was unable to articulate himself in a way that have me believe that he's put some thought behind the comment I'll settle for you.

For the payments to stop they first have to start. Which is something I think only those that have signed up to the program are entitled to whinge about (that includes me). Provided of course I don't get an offer of US$40 in the meantime for my Agloco registration with the 45+ members in the downline.

If or when the payments do start, then it will mean that most members will have got more out of it then they put into it. Which I'm sure they'll happily point out.

On the other hand if people have been pouring money into domains and Adwords campaigns, if in a few months it goes bellyup then they would have done their dough. And I'll laugh at them too. I got 30 direct referrals from making a free lens at Squidoo. And there's still life in the old lens yet (actually the life in it has been renewed with someone else now benefitting from it and improving what was on the page).

If Agloco sticks around for 12 months I think the people who have poured a lot fo time and money into it will see their investment paid back and more.

The main thing is though it was and is free to join. If it weren't, well I wouldn't even waste my breath knocking it in forum threads. So I think it's funny that because it's no cost no risk that others still decide to waste their time knocking it.

Reprobate, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  3. chant

chant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you read the fine print in the latest Agloco email it clearly states that they will only pay the affiliates with money left over from their expenses. That means if they grow and expand and sink more funds into promotion, hiring more people and other expenses who's to say when they will be ever profitable? A lot of dotcom companies work this way and operate in the red for their entire existence. Agloco has to earn a profit to start paying out to its members and there is nothing written down that they won't increase their shareholders salaries or buy fancier headquarters or increase their travel budget. Sorry but it doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

chant, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  4. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'll be surprised if it gets that far. And that's my point, really. Agloco = forum spam. Everyone is promoting a service that doesn't even exist yet; won't make payments until its profitable. Web ventures take over a year to become profitable. Who here is gonna stick around waiting a year or more for initial payment?

Add to that, that the online advertising community is far more sophisticated now. All advantage was born when advertisers cared more for impressions than profitable ad campaigns. it's the other way around now.

All advantage was easy to game. Do you think this'll be any different? It'll take a few months. Advertisers may latch on (like they always do) then pull out when they realize that most of the traffic is robots and the impressions aren't delivering anything.

This is actually a good point. A well organized company can operate in the red year after year after year and keep operational. If they will not make payments unless they are "black" I'd not expect payouts soon.

The company, could (in accounting parlence) claim to make payments to you all and make it a liability (liability occuring when the cost of traffic - you - is accrued), which would put it down in the red, but never actually pay out anyone for a long time. A clever accounting trick could easily make you never earn a penny out of agloco.

lorien1973, Apr 29, 2007 IP
    MattEvers likes this.
  5. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I like you. :)

Sorry, I just felt like saying that. Great points.

MattEvers, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  6. Reprobate

Reprobate Guest

Best Answers:
    Lorien, you've made a lot of excellent points.

Though while I was not a part of AllAdvantage I do believe that its downfall was fraud (the users, not the company). I'd expect it to be different. And that they have learnt from their mistakes.

Reprobate, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  7. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i got the email, just read it! so finally it is going to launch. i don't know much about all advantage, but agloco is going to rock!:D

uttoransen, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  8. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's simple. The idea is flawed. Whatever advertisers are selling isn't going to sell since the people looking at the ads are there to make money, not spend it.

MattEvers, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  9. chant

chant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks! This is why registered charities have a certain minimum in which their donations have to go toward whatever it is the charity is registered for. A for-profit company doesn't have any mandate that it has to *not* spend all the money that comes in each year. Increase the advertising budget, increase the payroll expenses, incease the travel expenses and pretty soon your operating budget matches your total income or even exceeds it. A lot of companies spend years operating in the red and encourage it so that they can tell their investors that they are growing.

What's funny is that in all the talk about the Agloco model I haven't heard much about who owns the company or where they got their seed investment capital.

chant, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  10. ajeetroy

ajeetroy Peon

Best Answers:
    All I will say is just wait and see if it really works. I do not find any flaw in the system.

As they have not taken any money from members, they will not be able to pay till the time they get paid. Now to make the company run longer, they can only afford to pay from the income they generate.

I have not spent a lot of time on to it and still have a good downline. I will give it some time to come up to any conclusion.

ajeetroy, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  11. swollenpickles

swollenpickles Active Member

Best Answers:
    How come they haven't posted anything about the view bar developments on their site?? Seems weird to me.

swollenpickles, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  12. Cryogenius

Cryogenius Peon

Best Answers:
    They have... read the post Viewbar Update on the Company Blog (might be down for a bit).

Cryogenius, Apr 30, 2007 IP
  13. xxMirceaxx

xxMirceaxx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Even if it will work, only the people who got in first and built a huge downline will seriously profit from this!

xxMirceaxx, Apr 30, 2007 IP
  14. mnymkr

mnymkr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    anyone got a viewbar yet?

mnymkr, May 3, 2007 IP
  15. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope and not holding my breath either. The target I saw was 4/16/07 and that has come and gone. what i have seen though is an overwhelming amount of spam being put into my email accounts.

SFOD_D223, May 3, 2007 IP
  16. chant

chant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's funny how the release date came and went by and not many of the big promoters of Agloco (like John Chow) never bothered to inform their readership. No "Hey what's going on?" post but I bet in a month or couple of weeks they will leave another post telling people to sign up now because they will get rich quick if they do.

chant, May 3, 2007 IP
  17. miguel19

miguel19 Peon

Best Answers:
    Huge downline? Pyramid?

miguel19, May 4, 2007 IP
  18. swollenpickles

swollenpickles Active Member

Best Answers:
    A company can only miss so many deadlines before they become a joke. I think we are getting toward that stage right now!

swollenpickles, May 4, 2007 IP
  19. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Have seen John Chow praise it. Are you a member? How does the program work best?

Blogmaster, May 4, 2007 IP
    moneymakingguru and Will.Spencer like this.
  20. uttoransen

uttoransen Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i have even made a blog post as you can see in the blog feed!
    i have joined agloco in december06, but then 5 months have already passed and their so called view bar is not comming out!

recently i have got an email from them, that says that the view bar will be released soon. and people who joined first will get to use it first! if you have not joined yet, i guess it is worth a try! i sense a huge potential in this programe:)

uttoransen, May 4, 2007 IP