1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

quit your day job

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by jpoke5, Apr 26, 2007.

anyone have a chance to buy read/the e book about affiliate marketing from quit your day job.com?

I just got my copy and got some real good info. just wanted other opinions...

Jeff

jpoke5, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  2. offthaave

offthaave Peon

Best Answers:
    no but maybe you can share some info with the ones (me) who havn't read it :)

offthaave, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  3. jpoke5

jpoke5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    what do you need to know?

jpoke5, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  4. gringo

gringo Peon

Best Answers:
    not yet may take a look though :)

gringo, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  5. jpoke5

jpoke5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i forgot to mention the book is on sale for 24.95 but it will go up to 49.00 real soon.(4/30/07) if you ever wanted to buy it now is the time.
    http://www.quityourdayjob.com/ebook/

jpoke5, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  6. dotsonr

dotsonr Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm always skeptical about these ebooks. Is there really anything in there that's not just common sense or otherwise available for free on the web? With that said, I'm sure some of these books are worth the money...

dotsonr, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  7. t2000q

t2000q Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i have read similar stuff and it has never worked for me, i think it takes more then just reading and taking advice. But I suppose if somebody was willing to pay me $25 to $50 for advice and I kept repeating it selling the same stuff over and over and then letting others sell it for me then I could quit my day job.

but with out a day job I would probably party too much

t2000q, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  8. bvspoguk

bvspoguk Peon

Best Answers:
    I think most people just read read read and never DO DO DO and if you really did something than you would not need to read ebooks with free info but would DO the thing and learn from expeirence, dont get me wrong reading is worthwhile but only if you can apply it to something otherwise you would just thinking abt doing and never do.

bvspoguk, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  9. jpoke5

jpoke5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all i just want you all to know.... i have no connection with (quityourdayjob)

That said...I agree there are lots of things in the book that most of you on this forum already know. This book covers a lot of topics and I personally found it to be a big help! The info i got about using/tweaking your keywords for Google advertising to lower your advertising costs and up your ROI was just what i was looking for!! also has info on: seo, roi tracking, keywords, web pages, link building, AdWords strategies, and a lot more....150 page book.

I think Jeremy Palmer knows his stuff!! And for the info i got from this book...was well worth the 20 some bucks!!

I'm not trying to sell this book!! Personally i think its great info.

Jeff

jpoke5, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  10. allout

allout Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have yet to find any ebook worth $24 wait a few days and it will be on EBay or here for a lot less. JMO

allout, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  11. jazz7620

jazz7620 Banned

Best Answers:
    Very general info. may be good for someone just starting into affiliate marketing.

jazz7620, Apr 28, 2007 IP
  12. MWD

MWD Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have read the ebook.

Its excellent!

You wont get a step by step guide on how to make money with CJ but it is a highly professional and well written book which covers everything to do with affiliate marketing.

Jeremy is an expert when it comes to PPC this really come across when you read the ebook.

Just my opinion.

MWD, Apr 28, 2007 IP
  13. Trespasser

Trespasser Peon

Best Answers:
    Bentham's book had a few good links to things like banner generator sites and keyword popularity sites. Rip-it-off with eMule and scan it for those. :eek:

There was only one real nugget of expert advice I got from 'quit your day job'. That was that banner ads don't work, and text links do. I use both on each page and get 30% MWR as a result. :)

Trespasser, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  14. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have read the book and not at all recommended. This books is only for newbies.

getjimmy, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  15. butterfingers

butterfingers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not for me. Too risky.
    But may consider if I can make $20k per month.
    : )

butterfingers, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  16. webgenesis

webgenesis Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of these e-books that tell you how to make money with affiliates have the same concepts, with a different flavor... nothing that you won't learn from reading the money making fundamentals that are on here.

But I have to give Jeremy Palmer an A++ for 'Quit Your Day Job'. I bought the e-book about 7 months ago and it is extensive and breaks everything down in a simple to understand way. He also provides updates to the e-book and a forum.

My top books/e-books that deal with Internet Marketing are as follows:

1. Insider Secrets to Online Marketing Success (late Corey Rudl/Derek Gehl)
    2. This great Adwords book by Perry Marshall (forgot the full name of it...)
    3. Hypnotic Writing by Joe Vitale
    4. Quit Your Day Job by Jeremy Palmer.

If 'Quit Your Day Job' is only $24 right now, I would advice anyone who is struggling right now, to purchase it NOW.

webgenesis, May 5, 2007 IP
  17. butterfingers

butterfingers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great list you got there.. Did you quit your job now?

butterfingers, May 6, 2007 IP
  18. jaba

jaba Peon

Best Answers:
    I read it and thought it was a fair book

jaba, May 6, 2007 IP
  19. pogung177

pogung177 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have the 2006 edition,
    take alook the table of contents, I thinks the topic familiar with us, as affiliate publisher

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pogung177, May 6, 2007 IP
  20. webgenesis

webgenesis Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you! I sure did (last October). It has been great and I have many sites up and running which are making me big $$$. The key thing is to treat this board and any books like it is school... read it, understand it, take notes, etc. and then implement it.

I believe the following is one of many recipes for success in Internet Marketing:

1. Understand this is a business, your business and yours only. Find a niche that you like... I just graduated from Oklahoma State University this past December, and while some of my business school classmates will bust 60+ hour weeks working for some crummy job that will lay you off in a second I will be making a mini-fortune with my online business.

2. Read at least 2 or 3 of those books above.

3. Browse this board once or twice a week and learn from what other people put on here -- there is a wealth of information on here, and about 80% of it is good. Don't spend all day up here though, because if you are -- you're not making any money!

4. Set goals for yourself (how much money you want to make, how many sites you will create each month, how many hours a day you will work, i want to be making full-time income online by this day, etc.). Understand that this is a business, not some game or hobby... If people really want to quit their day job, online business is the way to go!

5. Find a couple niches and work it... I have a few niches that I am in, but I will say that I am focused almost solely on selling e-books and software from my site.

6. When you start understanding all this stuff, start contributing back to others on this board. If you're browsing through the boards and see someone has a question you have an answer to, answer it... if you sow (give) into other people's lives, then people will reap (give back) into your life.

7. Remember that commissioned sales in general is the highest paid profession in the world. I personally believe that online business, whether it's affiliates, e-books, Ebay, etc. is the easiest sales job in the world...

Believe me, I am also a Life & Health Insurance Agent, and it sucks having to talk to people, drive around in your car buring gas, and call them up and get rejected. Online marketing is definitely the way to go!

After all, with online marketing, you don't have to talk to anyone if you don't want to... you can work whenever you want to... you can go on vacation as long as you want, anywhere in the world as long as you have a laptop and Internet connection... there is no big startup costs or overhead expenses... the earning potential is unlimited... need I say anymore?!

I guarantee that if anyone is truly serious about quitting their 'day job' , you can do it within 6 months to a year if you just follow the steps above, believe in yourself, and aren't afraid of some hard work!

'Nuff said :)

webgenesis, May 6, 2007 IP