1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can I add any more adsense units to my soccer forum?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by thefanta, Apr 27, 2007.

If someone would kindly take a look at my soccer forum at thefantasyfootballforum.com/forum and confirm whether I can add any more adsense ads? Please ignore the homepage, there will be lots of content on it before its finished over the weekend.

So, regards to the forum-------

I have a block of 3 and sometimes this changes to 4 ads just below the banner so I presume this represents 1 ad unit?

I have a block of 5 ads down the right hand side so I presume this also represents another 1 ad unit?

The big question is Can I add one more unit and would this be limited to 4 or 5 adverts?

Thanks

thefanta, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  2. CountryBoy

CountryBoy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You have 1 leaderboard unit (the big horizontal one up top with 3/4 individual links) and 1 skyscraper unit (the vertical one on the right with 5 individual links).
    You're allowed 3 ad units in total, so you could add another one somewhere.

An easier way of thinking about it - you have pasted the code of 2 ad units, so can paste the code once more. Don't think about the individual links within the units.

CountryBoy, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  3. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    For me... especially forums, I would stay a unit below the maximum because having so many ads may drive members away from your site.

8everything, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  4. thefanta

thefanta Guest

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your helpful suggestion. I will run with what I have got.

thefanta, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  5. dotsonr

dotsonr Peon

Best Answers:
    You might consider replacing the skyscraper with a large rectangle placed closer to the content. I don't think it's going to get eyeballed very much where it is... Just my experience. The forum looks like a cool idea, though. Good luck!

P.S. Don't forget about referrals. You could put a text referral link for Adsense next to a bullet point below the first post, if possible. I just made $250 for one conversion on my blog (apples to oranges, but maybe it will work...)

dotsonr, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  6. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    I love the blending. It looks very nice!

Fka200, Apr 27, 2007 IP