1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"Negative Reputation" Suggestion.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by EuropeanUnion.name, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    When a member receives a negative reputation, then in UserCP it shows only the thread and the "Negative Reputation" giver's comment.

It's unfair.

The "Negative Reputation" giver's ID should also be shown, for the "Negative Reputation" given wrongly. So that a "Negative Reputation" recipient can also give a "Negative Reputation".

Any thoughts and implementation ?

EuropeanUnion.name, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  2. CountryBoy

CountryBoy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not going to happen - you've said yourself the reason why: revenge repping.

CountryBoy, Apr 27, 2007 IP
    devAngel likes this.
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    There are forums that do that, this one doesn't.

sarahk, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  4. Bender

Bender Peon

Best Answers:
    Lets say somebody does something really bad or stupid, spams the boards, tries to scam people etc. I give him/her a nice red rep. And why should I receive a completely unfair red back in return by disclosing my identity?

Besides, this topic has been discussed many many times. Do a search next time, or even better, read the sticky thread about the reputation system. ;)

Bender, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  5. chant

chant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All of you have valid points and I can see people revenge repping back if they knew the identities of people that gave them red rep, but unfair red reps happen all the time. The reason I am in this forum right now is that I was looking for information about the rep system after receiving a red rep for a post I left in the copyrighting forum. The comment made by the person that left the rep made no sense and the post that the red rep was left for contained absolutely nothing offensive to anyone! The only reason that I can think that I received a red rep from that person was because earlier in the thread I recommended a writer for a job (that was the specific point of the thread started by the OP too, so it wasn't like I was off-topic or anything!)

My point is that by being a good DP poster you can get negative rep from other people on here that don't like what you have to say. The rep system can be abused and used to shut people up if someone doesn't agree with what they have to say even though it may be totally non-offensive. It may be crazy to think that there are people on here that are mean spirited enough to do that but my post and red rep earned is proof that it can and does happen.

chant, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  6. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah! exactly, plus it would be a DOUBLE red back right? Because sending costs a rep + if they repped you :eek:

The system is fine as is..

8everything, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  7. Brennan

Brennan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly if you gave the usersname then you would just red rep them back and also it could start an abusive fight and they may wont to stay private.

Brennan, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  8. Rohit patel

Rohit patel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah! This will creat some problems here if name display with reps.:) People red rep them back for Red one.

Rohit patel, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  9. jdR!pper

jdR!pper Peon

Best Answers:
    What you are suggesting will just result to a rep war.

--Joe

jdR!pper, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  10. devAngel

devAngel Banned

Best Answers:
    Then a noob to rep blobs like me reps negatively to jdR!pper, and he reps me negative in revenge and I am almost in the red!

devAngel, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  11. Bender

Bender Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol Joe is a nice guy :)

Bender, Apr 27, 2007 IP
    devAngel likes this.
  12. devAngel

devAngel Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm sure if someone like you repped him he wouldn't be so nice :p but I'm at the smallest point here in the food chain :D

devAngel, Apr 27, 2007 IP
    CountryBoy and Bender like this.
  13. Skinny

Skinny Peon

Best Answers:
    Rep war. I've posted longer posts about this. It doesn't make sense because then everyone would be red repping people who red rep them.

If you got a red rep. Relax. It's not the end of the world. Just learn from what you possibly did wrong.

As you've learned. An unwritten rule in this forum is not to create YARTs: or Yet Another Reputation Thread.

Skinny

Skinny, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  14. mubin

mubin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I know were not supposed to take it to heart but it seriously PISSES me off. Im glad I dont know who does it because I would be revenge repping and getting everyone I know to red rep him/her.

End of the day its karma they red rep you they get one in return. If they are willing to take that chance maybe I DESERVE IT!

mubin, Apr 27, 2007 IP
    sarahk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.