1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Question about domain

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by pozer, Apr 26, 2007.

Let's say I have selected a keyword called "my keyword" and it is searched a lot. If I buy domain keyword.my will I be in advantage in front of other sites targeting that keyword? Will I easier get to the top with that domain?

pozer, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  2. Blau

Blau Peon

Best Answers:
    it's depend with your meta.

Blau, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  3. The Stealthy One

The Stealthy One Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure I follow you, so I am going to re-state your question as I see it - please tell me if I'm correct. You're stating that part of your keyword is a TLD, and therefore are wondering whether it can give you an advantage over competing sites?

The short answer is no.

Forgive me if I misunderstood what you're asking.

The Stealthy One, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  4. Small Fry

Small Fry Peon

Best Answers:
    keywords in title will help for those keywords, but are not a trump card. They might help decide the winner when everythng else is equal.

Small Fry, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  5. tradeya

tradeya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    it does help but they still consider otehr onpage optimization as well. but yeah there is an advantage got a keywords in url name.

tradeya, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  6. bacanze

bacanze Peon

Best Answers:
    Slightly random lol

It does anyways helo to have your keyword in your domain, also by just having keyword, your visitors will be able to remember the URL easier, and its better for branding purposes.

bacanze, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  7. pozer

pozer Active Member

Best Answers:
    You didn't misunderstand me, you got it correct.

I thought if somebody writes in google for example "digitalpoint com" it will probably show digitalpoint (or if you enter some other domain, no matter if the domain is popular or not) in the first place because he could think you are searching for that exact domain. But in my case visitors will search for "com digitalpoint" and I was hoping google will again think the visitor is searching for that domain and show digitalpoint (or in my case my domain) in the first place.

I guess I was lucky, chances to get a domain where both top and second level domain belong to very popular keyword are like 1 in a billion :)

pozer, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  8. WM7

WM7 Peon

Best Answers:
    It helps definitely, not on google but on other search engines like yahoo msn.
    For google you will get advantage of it but not only domain will help you out
    Domain is just one factor of many factors in SEO.

WM7, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  9. pozer

pozer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have found out something that was very helpful for me, I don't know how I didn't remember to do this sooner.

I have one new domain, it has been indexed by google but it is still undeveloped. When I write "domain tld" it puts my domain domain.tld on the first position, so I know google thinks I'm searching for that exact domain and not that keyword. But when I search for "tld domain" my domain is nowhere near top of the search results (it's on 4th page) so I think my domain from the first post will still require a lot of seo to get on top.

pozer, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  10. theseokit

theseokit Banned

Best Answers:
    Some say yes some say no... I beat out sites with whats in their url all the time, it just depends how much opto you do really.

theseokit, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  11. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the advantage with a domain name with the keyword in it is when you get a regular link, it still has your anchor text....If someone linked to you using just your url which is www. bluewidget .com. your targeted keyword of blue widget is your anchor text. and like bacanze said it will be easier for people to remember

oseymour, Apr 26, 2007 IP