1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

5 Ways To Improve Your Adsense Earnings

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by romioaa, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Concentrating on one format of Adsense ad. The oneformat that worked well for the majority is the LargeRectangle (336X280). This same format have thetendency to result in higher CTR, or the click-throughrates. Why choose this format out of the many you canuse? Basically because the ads will look like normalweb links, and people, being used to clicking on them,click these types of links. They may or may not knowthey are clicking on your Adsense but as long as thereare clicks, then it will all be for your advantage.

2. Create a custom palette for your ads. Choose acolor that will go well with the background of yoursite. If your site has a white background, try to usewhite as the color of your ad border and background.The idea to patterning the colors is to make theAdsense look like it is part of the web pages. Again,This will result to more clicks from people visitingyour site.

3. Remove the Adsense from the bottom pages of yoursite and put them at the top. Do not try to hide yourAdsense. Put them in the place where people can seethem quickly. You will be amazed how the differencebetween Adsense locations can make when you see yourearnings.

4. Maintain links to relevant websites. If you thinksome sites are better off than the others, put yourads there and try to maintaining and managing them. Ifthere is already lots of Adsense put into that certainsite, put yours on top of all of them. That wayvisitor will see your ads first upon browsing intothat site.

5. Try to automate the insertion of your Adsense codeinto the webpages using SSI (or server side included).Ask your web administrator if your server supports SSIor not. How do you do it? Just save your Adsense codein a text file, save it as ?adsense text?, and uploadit to the root directory of the web server. Then usingSSI, call the code on other pages. This tip is a timesaver especially for those who are using automaticpage generators to generate pages on their website.

romioaa, Apr 25, 2007 IP
    The Stealthy One likes this.
  2. ajsa52

ajsa52 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should add at least this another way: using channels.

ajsa52, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  3. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    One of the best ways to improve earnings. I wonder how many people don't utilize channels...

Fka200, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  4. seifer

seifer Peon

Best Answers:
    i want to know about channels.are there any thread discuss about this.

help.guide me plz

seifer, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  5. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    Channels are basically a way to find out how much an ad block is making you.

For instance you have 3 ad blocks on a website; If you have 3 channels you can find out which one is getting clicked the most. It is a great way to test ad placements, colors, etc.

To create an add channel, when you are getting your Adsense code just click "Add New Channel." Give it a unique name, such as: Leaderboard-Above-Content or Sidebar-368. This helps identify specific ads and lets you know whats going on.

After a week or so of testing, you have stats unique to your website to place ads accordingly.

Goodluck!

Fka200, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  6. The Stealthy One

The Stealthy One Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Hey, thanks for the tips! They are very much appreciated. :)

The Stealthy One, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  7. rob6188

rob6188 Peon

Best Answers:
    I use channels to track how much each page within a website is earning. This is especially handy when I'm trying to optimize for different keywords and layouts.

I also use a third party tracking program.

Tracking what advertisers are getting clicked, what keywords people are using to find your site, and what ad format is getting clicked are essential information to analyzing and improving your adsense earnings.

For example, when I see my earnings dropping a little, I look at what advertisers are showing on my site. If there are any new ones, I can take an educated guess at which ones are paying the least and then block them in my competitive ad filter.

rob6188, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  8. alexanderallard

alexanderallard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Another. Give them more traffic --> Guaranteed Increase. Also Use PPC and SEO.

alexanderallard, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  9. emon3y

emon3y Peon

Best Answers:
    i have one V blog and have a good traffic but i only get around 15 click perday with earning around $0.50

Impression = 500+

how to improve my Click rate?
    thanks

emon3y, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  10. alexanderallard

alexanderallard Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should filter your ads and use high value keywords.

John Alexander

alexanderallard, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  11. tradeya

tradeya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    my suggestion. put both in TOP and BOTTOM! :)

tradeya, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  12. otezz

otezz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info :)

otezz, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  13. James12513

James12513 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, I found 5. very useful :)

James12513, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  14. RequiemStudio

RequiemStudio Peon

Best Answers:
    How would one add channels to existing ad units... for example... I'm using blogger and just added the adsense units using their layout feature. Can these be tracked via channels?

I know it's kinda lazy... but I'm too bust developing for my day job and I'd rather my blogs didn't take as much programming time especially until they start to take off.

Anyway - I always see the instructions for how to add a unit and make it a channel as you go... but how do you make a channel out of an existing unit?

RequiemStudio, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  15. brainet

brainet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, usefull tips. But i really dont really understand about the SSI thing, how it can improve your earnings

brainet, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  16. Reflectoman

Reflectoman Peon

Best Answers:
    It allows a quick way to implement ads in a huge number of pages, so you don't have to do it urself (which can be time consuming and what not) ... so you get more impressions, more visibility to the users and thus hoepfully more clicks and more $$$!

Reflectoman, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  17. massiva

massiva Active Member

Best Answers:
    I want to learn that to. How to make channel for particular unit?
    anyone???

massiva, Apr 26, 2007 IP
  18. HostColor

HostColor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The presumption that anyone should redesign their web site only to squeeze some more money from Google is wrong. So some of the things in the article such as

1. Concentrating on one format of Adsense ad.

What kind of ad format to use depends on the website design. You can not change your website only to display 336x280

2. Create a custom palette for your ads.

This one is based on the concept that someone needs to make their site visitors to thing that ads are part of the site content. Wrong again!

3. Remove the Adsense from the bottom pages of yoursite and put them at the top.

I can agree with this but the questions is "Why?". If I have a good content on my website, people will read it and will be contented when they scroll down and reach ads. A contended users would be more willing to click on ads

5. Try to automate the insertion of your Adsense codeinto the webpages using SSI (or server side included).

There is now way to get better CTR following this advice... at least from my point of view.

Finally, I would say that a good web site which is build to bring its users better experience would have better CTR on its ads compared to any other site which uses any tricks. AdSense is supplementary form of makeing some money from web advertising not a premier one. It works better on content rich websites.

HostColor, Apr 15, 2008 IP