Does Google Checkout work for you? Results?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Turbosho, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Matts

Matts Berserker

Best Answers:
    We implemented Google Checkout and it's a lot of work to get right because of all of the conversations between our site and Google about the status of orders, and shipment updates.

In defense of Paypal, I have to add that PayPal does have a phone number to call and you can talk to a person to try to resolve disputes. You may not like their answer, but they do have a phone. I talked to them on Sunday morning about an issue.

With Google Checkout, it seems it's all email. Certainly there isn't a phone number for either merchants or customers. That is disappointing.

Matt

Matts, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  2. Turbosho

Turbosho Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it worth the work? Do people use it?

Turbosho, Apr 24, 2007 IP
  3. Matts

Matts Berserker

Best Answers:
    Yes, people use it. I think the idea is cool for the consumer in that they can have one account and keep track of orders all over the place. It's almost revolutionary in that regard.

I don't think that in the long run the email only support will work for merchant accounts. When you have a problem there, you need help and waiting days for an answer that could go to a spam filter isn't the right solution IMHO.

Matts, Apr 24, 2007 IP
  4. Mibs

Mibs Member

Best Answers:
    I have paypal and google checkout buttons side by side on my products, and its about 65% of the transactions use google check out.

Mibs, Apr 24, 2007 IP
  5. jimbob

jimbob Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've had a real hard time trying to integrate this for a client's site. The process is far to long winded.

jimbob, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  6. WunschShrek

WunschShrek Peon

Best Answers:
    every order i get my sites are from mostly new google users, that is not an issue at all.

paypal and google checkout are not similar in the least, google checkout is a merchant processing company.

WunschShrek, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  7. Kapitalist

Kapitalist Peon

Best Answers:
    Not only isn't Google Checkout a threat to Paypal, it is actually worse than any merchants worth mentioning.

Kapitalist, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  8. Going Green

Going Green Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ive heard that Google Checkout will improve your position in the search engines. Is this true?

Going Green, Jul 26, 2010 IP