1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Help.

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Nikilwig, Aug 26, 2005.

I have a forum called Cooldown gaming (cooldowngaming.co.nr) it's an interactive gaming community. Sorry, I can't give live links. Well I get a lot of guests and I have a some dedicated users that go on every day or so and post or read a lot of topics. I put adsense on my website a day ago and I've got 2 clicks and have made a total of zero dollars it says I have 85 impressions or some where around that value. I was wondering if someone could tell me how I make money of this system, and if you could provide me with some tips and pointers. I have 5 clicks and over 60 impressions why have i not made a single cent? I'm not expecting to make over 150 a month, but I thought that when I first started out I might make .25 a day, in two days I've made nothing. And out of the 5 clicks and the impressions 1 click was mine and about a quarter of the impressions are mine.

Nikilwig, Aug 26, 2005 IP
  2. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably a PSA ad.

crazyhorse, Aug 26, 2005 IP
  3. Nikilwig

Nikilwig Member

Best Answers:
    What's that? Any tips on getting traffic?

4. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    fryman, Aug 26, 2005 IP
  5. toocoolforschool

toocoolforschool Peon

Best Answers:
    85 impressions really isn't very much. You should work on improving your traffic first, I think.

toocoolforschool, Aug 26, 2005 IP
  6. Nikilwig

Nikilwig Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, what should I do advertise my webpage?

Edit: I read most of the TOS, and the AUP, um, why what did I miss?

7. PinoyIto

PinoyIto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you need to advertise or focus on your SEO and pray got luck to get traffic from SEs....

PinoyIto, Aug 26, 2005 IP
  8. toocoolforschool

toocoolforschool Peon

Best Answers:
    OOPS, sorry, misread your post.

Let me think of a reply...

EDITED IN:

You should probably spend a week or two on this forum learning about SEO and how to promote your site, get on the search engines, etc. You can pay for advertising, but I don't know if that's a good idea. You run a game site, and I'm pretty sure game ads are dirt cheap, so you can't depend on high returns on your advertising investement. I'd recommend just keep working on it, allow your site to naturally grow in the search engines, and do other small things that are free.

Ask anyone; a successful site takes time and commitment, not necessarily a lot of money to advertise.

9. Nikilwig

Nikilwig Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, okay, thank you. Um should I go site to site advertising or something? And can you please write out all these SEO's PSA's etc, because I am unsure on ome of their meanings.

10. toocoolforschool

toocoolforschool Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO - search engine optimization. Making your site friendly to the search engines.

PSA - public service announcement. Those charity ads Adsense runs that you don't get paid for -- it's charity.

11. Nikilwig

Nikilwig Member

Best Answers:
    Lets say I get 200 impressions and maybe 5 clicks a day, how much do you think I would be earning?
    I need to get more traffic and fast, I am very dedicated and have put much time into my forum and kept it running for almost a year now by myself.

GuyFromChicago likes this.
  12. toocoolforschool

toocoolforschool Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, as I said, game ads on ADsense are really dirt cheap, kind of like movie ads (my field). So you really need a LOT (and I mean A LOT) of traffic to make those clicks pay off.

Here's an example: on one of my sites, I do about 20k impressions/day, and get around 1-percent CTR (clickthrough). Even so, I'm still only making about $30-40/day. That's not all that much considering my numbers.

So you see, even at just 200 impressions/day, and adding in the dirt cheap nature of your game ads, you'll be lucky if you scratch a dollar/month.

So once again, you should forget about your Adsense ads and just concentrate everything on getting more traffic. At your current position, it's just pointless to waste even a second thinking about ADsense ads, etc. In fact, I would recommend you TAKE OFF your Adsense Ads and don't put them back on until you're surpassing the 1k/day mark.

Right now that ad just looks ugly on your site, and there's no point in keeping it if it doesn't make any money.

Well, that's just my 2 cents.

13. Nikilwig

Nikilwig Member

Best Answers:
    Okay thank you, well is there anyways I could ad in a subject that would make more money, maybe I write up a story about my financial situation, would that make any money, or only a a few cents? I'll take my ads off until I have at least 75 members on my website.

14. toocoolforschool

toocoolforschool Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean, write a story that lets your members know it would help you out if they click on the ads? Or write a story that would get Google to display higher paying ads? I'm not sure what you mean.

15. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe he's in bad debt and is considering writing about his failed efforts at applying for bad credit loans. ;)

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 26, 2005 IP
  16. Nikilwig

Nikilwig Member

Best Answers:
    Write a story for higher paying ads
    It's not worth it until I get more traffic.
    Anybody want to start an affliate program lol?

Email me or pm me, I gotta sleep, I'm getting up at 8, and it's 5:45 now.

17. juggernart

juggernart Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've visited your site and notice some things:

1. Your forum is about games, but in your meta keywords you have everything about hosting, web hosting, server and so on.
    That's why your google ads show ads about webhosting etc. Don't think that users of your forum are interested in this?
    If you want gaming related ads change the keywords

2. I think the word "Sponsors" above google ads isn't ok for google.
    Ooops! I just saw that you ask people to click ads. That's an absolute NO and a reason to get banned from google!

Ads in the (online) gaming sector are one of the worst payed ads.
    I have a online gaming site and can say that you really need high amount of traffic to make some money. Most clicks are worth only 1 or 2 cent.

juggernart, Aug 26, 2005 IP
  18. Nikilwig

Nikilwig Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, sorry, I let my friend administrate while I'm not there and I wasn't there the day I after I put Adsense up, I went up to a baseball tournement, so he may have posted something. I had originally put my ads under a forum topic titled "Google" but, don't worry because I am not leaving for another 6 months so I am changing the administritive password, so I will be in full command again, it's just that I needed a little extra help in my frequent absense for the last few weeks.

About the server hosting, well it occassionally shows up in the Adsense banners, but it's usually just stuff about World of Warcraft, Runscape, EQ, or some new RPG coming out soon, and occassionally an Ebay page for gamers auctioning off items and accounts.

19. Nikilwig

Nikilwig Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry about the double post but this is urgent, well screw the adsense thing, thanks to my administrator partner and his actions my forum has been terminated, due to violating the TOS, I read the TOS thouroughly and it says nothing about placing advertisments on your page.

20. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    You had something on your forum telling people to click ads....what did you expect? You violated the TOS, stole from advertisers and got caught.

GuyFromChicago, Aug 26, 2005 IP