1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to start dropshipping business.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by 13nire, Apr 23, 2007.

I want to start dropshipping business.
    Do you know any successful example here ?
    Anyone want to share here ?

13nire, Apr 23, 2007 IP
    energetic likes this.
  2. drig

drig Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you want to dropship the items for other people or dropship items from other business?

drig, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  3. catyack

catyack Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have never done this as a complete business, but I do it all the time with t-shirts. I have a Screen printing company, and sometimes people that don't get the same discount I get just have me order for them and then tack on like 5% to the entire bill or something. Which is good for me, because 5% on 4 or 5 thousand for something you just logged in to a website in ordered is nice.

anyways, all I do is enter the shipping address and the company I deal with does not put an invoice in the box, which is usually important. With the people i deal with (regulars) they know exactly what the price is plus the 5%

I would imagine any company you are thinking about doing this with, will have these same options. Just make sure you get the money in the bank first from the customer.

catyack, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  4. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you want to work through EBAY ?

Anyway good luck with chinese suppliers and be aware of tax purposes and scammers

;)

Lastbutnotleast, Apr 23, 2007 IP
  5. 13nire

13nire Banned

Best Answers:
    hi, Drig ,I want make to install website like cubecart to sell products and dropship this product from wholesale to customers.

hi, catyack, you own a Screen printing company, will you provide dropshipping service ? will you supply the T-shirts for me to sell ?

hi, lastnoteast, I don't want to sell it in ebay cos there are much competition.

Thanks to all advice :) Green rep was given to all.

13nire, Apr 23, 2007 IP
    catyack likes this.
  6. catyack

catyack Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends what your looking for. If your selling in bulk orders, sure thing. For small quantities, you want to find someone with a printer, like an ink jet or laser that can do one or two.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly do not want to turn business away, I just think you probably want something like single shirt orders and less hands on.

Custom bulk t-shirts probably wouldn't be what your looking for, because of the work involved in getting the order ready. For example going back and fourth with customers and getting the artwork correct, colors, and things like that. I imagine you want something less hands on (I would if I were you).

Most of my customers are resellers, they get the orders, they send us the artwork, and they talk to the customers. It's a lot of work, we tried it years ago, but now we just focus on printing, the customer support can be very time consuming and it isn't fair to the customer if we can't devote enough time to it. Plus were always breathing screen printing ink, so we a little strange:D

Unless you are willing to pay and take stock on items. Again, maybe a little different then what your looking for, but what a lot of our customers do is they come up with a design and they order bulk in various sizes and then they just sell them one at a time. You can make a huge profit doing that, but you have to invest money and be willing to sit on the product for a while. Really good for events you are going to though, we have customers that will get 300-400 pieces for a weekend because of a car show or bike show and call us Saturday morning begging for more because they sold out in the first 4 hours they had their booth up. hmmm, so 10 dollars profit per shirt times 400 - gas money - lunch - couple pops = :eek: You gotta work the shows though, or at least know what might sell and who your competition is.

Well, hope some of that helps, I think most of it is what not to do though...:)

catyack, Apr 24, 2007 IP
  7. thinkarcade

thinkarcade Active Member

Best Answers:
    My advice to you if you want to start drop shipping is to find a very specific niche and build a site around it. I wouldn't try creating one of those warehouse type drop ship sites. They all seem scammy to me.

thinkarcade, Apr 24, 2007 IP
  8. PEHW

PEHW Peon

Best Answers:
    PEHW, Apr 24, 2007 IP
  9. EGLOBALMOGULS

EGLOBALMOGULS Active Member

Best Answers:
    Doba, Worldwide Brands, There is just not enough profit margin to make it with online auctions like ebay. Also if they don't have the stock from what you are selling you will definataly get negative feedback. Prefer to so a specific nich. That is you best chance and find import/export for you product and always do escrow to protect yourself.

EGLOBALMOGULS, Apr 24, 2007 IP
  10. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    How do I start my own drop shipping business?

rmartish, Apr 24, 2007 IP
  11. jowy222

jowy222 Guest

Best Answers:
    It really depends on your rate

jowy222, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  12. RickS01

RickS01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    RickS01, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  13. students-forum

students-forum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I really do know alot about this you have to really careful and do your market research.

Also don't buy any access to dropshipper lists or distributors. Use google.

students-forum, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  14. GreenTorii

GreenTorii Peon

Best Answers:
    GreenTorii, May 15, 2007 IP
  15. Premium Domains

Premium Domains Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Premium Domains, May 16, 2007 IP
  16. rmartish

rmartish Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the links. Very helpful.

rmartish, May 16, 2007 IP
  17. DidierE

DidierE Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DidierE, May 16, 2007 IP
  18. 13nire

13nire Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't know why website providing dropshipping information charge money from user.
    User actually help to sell products. The information provider should give information free of charge.
    Do you agree ?

13nire, May 16, 2007 IP
  19. Xeron.seron

Xeron.seron Banned

Best Answers:
    I actually know something about this. I spent myself about a year in importing and exporting and have some information for you.

Through out reading and seeing people's experinces, Drop-shipping is not the way to go. They must likely stat that they have low prices, and you make profit of the mark-up. Well, there price is extremely close to retail pricing. You can barely make a couple nickles profit. Not only that, but you must be able to bring in sales, and people on the internet don't buy products that are close to store pricing, but for cheaper pricing.

Another thing, you can never relie on a drop-shipping program. They say that they'll take care of the delivery, the packaging and so forth. They usually delay greatly, plus they run of stock frequently.

Xeron.seron, May 16, 2007 IP
  20. orange655321

orange655321 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well...like "business", "dropship business" can mean many different things with many different types of approaches and structures for your business plan. The "dropship" aspect is just your product source and shipping....what do you want to do and how do you want to run, manage, promote, etc your business are other questions that you need to address.

You can always add the sources for your dropship inventory later, but share a few thoughts about how you plan to operate your dropship business and more members can provide more targeted advice for you...rather then just affiliate links to the WWB ;-)

orange655321, Jun 9, 2007 IP