1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogs really work to make money?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by coreyt1111, Aug 25, 2005.

Ok, so do blogs really work? Do I have to start my own blog site? Im just curious if the blog method works. Thanks

coreyt1111, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  2. kandeman

kandeman Peon

Best Answers:
    it's all about the traffic

kandeman, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  3. toocoolforschool

toocoolforschool Peon

Best Answers:
    I think some blogs that are actually useful do work, because they attract attention from people seeking that information. Then again, for every useful blog, there's 5 billion blogs about "what is mesotholemia" or "how to detect asbestos".

toocoolforschool, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  4. coreyt1111

coreyt1111 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea, so I just need a site that can bring traffic. What if I do blog on a certain videogame, there are no ads say for a game like halo lets say. It would be xbox or videogame ads right, not halo. Thanks

5. coreyt1111

coreyt1111 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea I just went to overture and put in Halo and it has ads like buy halo at ebay, etc. My vistors would want like sites that have content about the game halo, so I guess this wouldnt work good right?

6. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    Blogging can be great money Darren Rowse makes a very good living off of just blogs. See his post: Is Google Making me Rich

If you're serious about making money from blogs, his blog is a must read.

tlainevool, Aug 25, 2005 IP
    Roman likes this.
  7. programmer

programmer Guest

Best Answers:
    to make money you need quality contents and lots of traffic - it doesn't matter weather your are running a website or a blog.
    people talk about blogs and create blogs instead of websites because search engines specially google loves blogs and forums

programmer, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  8. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Lots of traffic? Nah you don't, just choose your niche well and attack high paying ones and you need very little.

A measly 50 visitors per day could bring in $15 per day. Make 10 similar sites and that's $150. Do it right and natural search rankings will follow and that $150 per day could sky-rocket to $1,000 and $30,000 per month.

Why make it harder then it need be? Maybe I'm too laid-back, or others think it nessasary to work their balls off for large ammounts of cash, which I'll never understand.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  9. coreyt1111

coreyt1111 Peon

Best Answers:
    So GaDood your saying just make a good site and get like 50 people a day to a high paying keyword right, and make alot of those. You have success in adsense this way? Thanks for the help.

10. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  11. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    What I would do is find the safe medium. A keyword that isnt worth very little, but isn't through the roof. Chances are if its a high paying keyword there are 1450 more blogs that are exact copies of your blog.

Find a keyword that pays 2-6$ per click and just work for traffic. Ping sites on every blog update, submit your blog to directories and search engines, add a little originality into your posts instead of just objective writing.

High paying keywords are definelty not the best idea, too much competition. Find your modest little niche, and write, write, write...

exaro, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  12. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh exaro, that sounds like way too much like hard work.

The more competion, the more people use your articles. The more people that use your articles, the more people are exposed to them, the more people are exposed to them, the more people will click through to your site.

Who needs shakey and uncertain search rankings and who needs to spend their time blogging or writing every day. Oooh who needs hassle like that.. you sound like someone who /likes/ working.

..Only kidding! (well, about the last statement) :D

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  13. coreyt1111

coreyt1111 Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL, im confused now. You make it sound so easy GaDood. How a I going to get 50 vistors to my site a day anyways without advertising.

14. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    You write or buy articles that you submit to article banks, and then lots of people will use them and a small number of people will visit your site through them when they read them. It is easy and that's the biggest secret of all!

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  15. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't wait until blogs cease to exist. The whole blog movement is a huge backwards movement in communication. People think it is fostering more information and communication and it has actual done the opposite and lessened the use of more appropriate tools and avenues.

aeiouy, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  16. coreyt1111

coreyt1111 Peon

Best Answers:
    GaDood, this sounds like a interesting idea that might work. Any of else used this method here? Thanks

17. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    Gadood basically I gave the white hat approach and you gave the black hat approach.

exaro, Aug 25, 2005 IP
  18. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Black Hat? You must be joking. What's black hat about what I said? It's as white as my own skin. I'm merely attacking high keywords and achieving less traffic with my methods. Just because I don't target the search engines to bring visitors to my site for more information.. what's the problem?

I aren't spamming anything or creating hundreds of sites linked to my site. I'm submitting useful articles for people to use on their sites and in return I get a trickle of visitors to my site, which I then try to convert to clicks. My sites are jam-packed with original content aswell.

Baffling mate. I don't know where you're coming from with this 'black hat' thing. What's black hat about it?

I've even got a red mark against me now, perhaps I'm giving the game away? Shall I get my coat...?

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 25, 2005 IP
    jlawrence likes this.
  19. coreyt1111

coreyt1111 Peon

Best Answers:
    Whats wrong with GaDoods approach, its not against the rules or anything, I think it sounds pretty logical to me.

20. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    No I never said what you were explaining is wrong. And black hat is not necessarily the bad approach. I just meant that we were explaining two opposite ways of doing it.

I didn't mean you were wrong Gadood, at all.

exaro, Aug 25, 2005 IP